Sudden tightness

poohie

Hi mummies,

Anyone here experience sudden tightness in ur stomach and when you touch, the stomach is quite hard. After a while, it will relax itself and soften. I experience it everyday and almost a few times a day. Many times when i walk, my stomach will harden though it's nt painful but it's kind of uncomfy.

My gynae told me that e stomach should be soft at all times and to prevent me frm preterm labour, he give me medi to soften e uterus. Anyone has e same experience as me? I was told if let say a few day i experience once its ok but i experience it everyday. Worried!!

sazalifira

Hi poohie..
Yesh I always experience tat too.. It is prob e braxton hicks contractions.. Shudnt b a prob.. Btw wen is ur edd?

pixie

During my pregnancy, I do experience sudden tummy tightness and it can happen any time of the day. It happened during my 3rd trimester.

poohie

Did ur gynae comment anything wrong? Or it's normal.

I'm worried of preterm labour. I'm taking medi to soften e uterus but I still experiencing tightness. I'm 27 weeks now still got mths to go

CutieLya

I think it will go away when u reach 7-8 mths. My tummy was hard too when I was at 4mths. If i cud remember, abt 6 or 7mth my tummy start to be in rapid growing.. And the feeling of hardness is gone. More of comfy.

poohie

I notice it happen mre frequent when i walk. Hubby is telling me to rest mre. But towards ur edd isn't it u have to walk moreover for easy labour? I hope mine will be gone too. I dnt really like e idea of eating medi during pregnancy :(

zaclin29

Im at wk28 now and have been the same tight feeling daily for past weeks...
it seems to be getting more frequent nowadays.. like few times in a day.... the tightness will last abt 1-2 mins only...
Im not sure if its BH too...
I will ask my doc next week when I see her...
Im scared that it cld be preterm labour...

Poohie: How has it been going for you now? Presume you are now at around wk 31-32?

I used to get that, especially when I was stressed or angry. But my gynae said its normal and I didnt shouldnt worry much unless its too frequent and uncomfortable.

felicity

my tightness is not really suddenly occuring... but will be tight and hard for very long... i walk a lot throughout the days and my bump will be super hard and super tight! sometimes it's so bad that it felt like it's gg to burst anytime >< but after sitting down and resting for a couple of hours usually it's okay.

rEpuLsiOn

That is what happen to me too.. And at 32 weeks I was admitted to mount A for one night because doctor suspect preterm labour might occur.. So was given medication and hook onto CTG to monitor contraction.. After medication everything is fine..

Im having that kinda feeling t00... Super hard... & itS S0 unc0mfy... arghh!!
It happenS alm0St everyday... & S0metimeS my tummy will be 0ut 0f Shape.. :(

felicity

Just went to see gynae and asked him.. He says if I walk a lot the ligament will tighten so it's normal to feel tight.. But if it comes w reddish brown discharge then could be preterm n need to go to him immediately.