Super long menses - anyone share experience?

pbtgal

Wonder anyone has the same experience as me? My cycle is usually between 25-32 days and my menses usually last for 7 days.

My last menses started on 27 Sep but ended 13 Oct 2007 - 17 days long. I was rather worried as it was my 1st time experiencing such long period, so i went to see my gynae for a checkup. He did a scan and did not detect anything - he told me possible reasons could be put on weight or facing with increased stress.

I am now ttc'g for #2. I had a D&C done in Apr this year due to bb no heartbeat. Now confused - how to count my O so now relying on O strip. However, tested a few days, the results were negative.

So disheartening! :confused: :tsad:

xiaodaisy

haha i once had my period for 5mths!!!!!!! until i cannot stand it liao den went to see doctor for it loh haha..

pbtgal

Wow, 5 months?! U mean, your AF flowed continuously for 5 months? That is so................. super long. Tink i will go crazy! :Dancing_sorry:

Did your doc say wat's the cause? and i guess and certainly hope that u r alrite now.:Dancing_tongue:

xiaodaisy

horomones went wrong.. on medication for 6mths den now better le, haha cos last time i used to missed for veri long wan, longest till 6mths so mean 1yr oni come 2 times den last yr came for 5mths haha actually i tot will slowy finish so didnt wanna waste money to see doctor but until last mth is was like half an hr 1 pad den went to see doctor to jab loh haha..

Angelmum

my menses very short, 2 - 3 days only. doc say that's 'normal' cos I on medication

wonder will clear the 'unwanted' throughly not

pbtgal

Hi,

my 3rd cycle of super long menses started on 28 Dec 2007 till date. Heed my sis' advise, booked an appt with KKH and went to see doc yesterday.

I was being sent to do an ultrascan immediately upon hearing my condition cos' doc oso felt that menses that lasted for 17-18 days really not normal.

True to what the doc said, small and functional (not harmful) cysts were found. I will be going back for sampling test (to insert tube from vaginal to extract tissue) and another ultrascan in 2 mths' time to ascertain whether the cysts have diminished by themselves else an op will have to be performed.

I regretted not going for a thorough checkup earlier cos' i am ttc'g for #2 and hope to get a rat bb. Look like now i can only let nature takes its course. :bsad:

rjj

Have heard of long menses caused by cyst before. Glad you found out before anything else happen.

At least now you get yourself better geared up, so when #2 comes along, you dun hv to worry. It could be a blessing, a healthy bb is more impt than a rat bb :)
All the best!

veronica

Wow menses for 6mths continuously?? How you can stand it for so long? If i have it for 1 month, I will go see doctor already also not comfortable wearing pads everyday for so long....

mcqueen

Ya, i had this experience b4, around 1mth time. The reason make me shock...ectopic pregnancy. So, be careful. That is very dangerous if not detect early.

pbtgal

Hi

finally knew the reason for my super long menses - cysts! Went to KKH, the stupid doc say cant do anything. So wasted my time with him for 4 checkups and finally decided to go to another gynae recommended by a fren. His verdict - D&C.

Finally had my D&C done in May this yr. After tat menses very regular, abt 28d cycle. Now missed my menses for 1wk+ but tested -ve. Will test in few days time to ascertain pregnancy. If not, got to see another doc to induce menses :mmad:.