Swaddled or not swaddled?

Niuniu

My baby recently always wakes up from nap crying and i realised is because she is startled by her hand movement.
So i tried to swaddled her and rock her to sleep however she does not like the feeling of swaddling and kept crying refuse to sleep. What can i do on this? Is there other ways of prevent her waking up crying?

mskyliee

How old is ur baby? My boy was also like this, or rather sometimes he's still startled by own hand movements... and he doesn't really like to be swaddled, so I put him to sleep tummy down. It's a lot better now plus he can sleep longer in this position.

ftlad

Can try let her sleep on her side or place a small buckwheat pillow on her chest. Won't encourage tummy-down position as there's a risk of SIDS.

Niuniu

How old is ur baby? My boy was also like this, or rather sometimes he's still startled by own hand movements... and he doesn't really like to be swaddled, so I put him to sleep tummy down. It's a lot better now plus he can sleep longer in this position.
She is only 2 mths old.

Can try let her sleep on her side or place a small buckwheat pillow on her chest. Won't encourage tummy-down position as there's a risk of SIDS.
I tried to place a small buckwheat pillow on her chest, it does not help. The hand movement still startled her.

Keke

My baby is also 2mths. Same problem as yours, so i put her on her tummy in the day time she zzz longer. As long as u r watching beside her i think it's ok. Now my baby flips her own head to the other side without me assisting.

xiaodaisy

i stop swaddle my girl wen she's 3days old cos she didnt like , tummy down only wen ur fully attention beside her .. else wise place a beanie pillow on her chest area =)

Try Organic Buckwheat Hull pillow, arrange buckwheats to both sides and put it on her left and right sides. This way, it feels like she is being cuddled yet not feel warm as buckwheat hulls allows air to pass. Check www.babiestokids.com.sg S$14.90 for the pillows.

venussnow

i tried the buckwheat hull pillow too but it does not soothe her sometimes. swaddle is still the best for my lil gal and my babysitter does the same for her and was the one to teach me this.

MumsandBubs

My baby slept much better when swaddled. So we swaddled him till he started to roll and weaned him out of it. Pillows are hopeless to curb the startles. I think swaddling is best for two month old.

firssue

My baby boy is also easily startled by his hand movement. I only swaddle him when he is sleepy (half awake) as he doesn't like to be swaddled as well.

Btw, when is a good timing to stop swaddling? According to some books I read, they recommend after one month. My baby is already 7 weeks and if I don't swaddle him, he will wake up after 30 mins.

MumsandBubs

My first boy wasnt swaddled as soon as he came home from hosp. He was a bad sleeper who hardly even napped. This baby sleeps a lot even though he isnt swaddled now...still 3 good naps a day...maybe it was due to the training given by swaddling...maybe it is just him...not sure...but i definitely will swaddle my next baby if i have another.

dunkatelic

My baby girl currently @ 10weeks mostly sleeps on her tummy. When I try to flip her she wakes, unless she sleeps very heavily. Of cos I have to check on her all the time. She will wiggle out of the swaddle &it makes her terribly hot. Night time usually I try to make her sleep on her back but not always successful. I have those pillow too, home made one. But doesn't work. When sleeps longer on her tummy $ she's able to turn her head since a week ago.