swimming classes

karoru

any 2009 mummies bringing their toddlers to swimming classes? mine is 21th month old now and i am bringing him for a swimming trial class this sat.

My daughter is turning 3 this year but her phobia for water is horrendous to the extend that bathing is a torture to her she will always cry till she vomit, bath time is suppose to be enjoyable but it always a battle between me and my girl. Please help how I can make my girl enjoy bath time and ultimately overcome her fear for water

SHDiamond

Hi Venia, have u tried bringing in toys like boats, rubber duckies or toy pots and pans to the bathroom. These toys will help to distract your daughter and it will give her an idea of 'bathing is play and fun'. Get her to pour water onto her feet using toy kettles and then gradually she don't mind having water poured onto her body. Or u can try to put some glitter onto her arms or legs and yours too and then tell her that whoever gets rid of the glitter first is the winner. It is best for you to carry out these methods when u have afternoon shower with her, it is best not to try these out early in the morning as your daughter may not be in the mood for some fun yet as she just woke up. :) there's plenty of other ways to get your daughter to love bathtime. :)

SHDiamond:639497 said:
Hi Venia, have u tried bringing in toys like boats, rubber duckies or toy pots and pans to the bathroom. These toys will help to distract your daughter and it will give her an idea of 'bathing is play and fun'. Get her to pour water onto her feet using toy kettles and then gradually she don't mind having water poured onto her body. Or u can try to put some glitter onto her arms or legs and yours too and then tell her that whoever gets rid of the glitter first is the winner. It is best for you to carry out these methods when u have afternoon shower with her, it is best not to try these out early in the morning as your daughter may not be in the mood for some fun yet as she just woke up. :) there's plenty of other ways to get your daughter to love bathtime. :)

Hi Shdiamond, thanks so much for the great ideas given above :) never thought of all these, feel so guilty, :( all I did was assurance by using words, hee I will try out this weekend and create a fun bathrooms with her :)

SHDiamond

No problem Venia. Showering with your toddler is also a bonding time. Some parents may be a bit shy n conservative but not to worry, there's always the swimsuit! ;) both u n ur child can don them n pretend u guys are at the beach. :D

Haha!! so looking forward to this coming holidays and have fun with my child for bathtime, I m a weekend parent, this really looking forward this weekend and have fun thanks :)