Swollen Lymph Node

BB Tigger

Hi mummies

My baby's lymph node near the groin has been swollen since he was about 3 mths' old. We were told by pediatrician that it was due to the BCG injection. He is now 7 mths' old and the swell is still there.

Any one of your babies encounter this? Is it a must to surgically remove the swell? Or do you let it remain? Any advice?

gumbokins

Hi, one of the mums in my forum group had the same experience..had to bring baby in to get the lump drained. You can PM me your email address and I'll try and hook you guys up?

my baby also got swollen lymph node behind his right ear. it was swollen when he got flu during 3 months and it din go away but i can feel it is getting smaller. now he is 9 months the lymph node got bigger last week due to his flu again.

PD mention it is very normal to c swollen lymph node because this is a way the body fight agaist virus. especially when baby is sick the lymph node will become bigger.

the lymph node will eventually subside when baby grow up. u dun hav to special remove it unless the lymph node is red n become bigger n bigger .

Carlisle

That sounds horrible. Lucky enough my little one didn't experience any lumps of some sort when he had his shots. But from what I understand it has been swelling for more than 3months, I think you really get that checked by a doctor. It may need surgery or something but I hope it's nothing serious.

Dawn00

Hi mummies, my baby experience swollen lymph node at groin area. So really must go and get it removed?? Is it painful?? Pls advice those who have same experience ...

Dawn00

Hi mummies

My baby's lymph node near the groin has been swollen since he was about 3 mths' old. We were told by pediatrician that it was due to the BCG injection. He is now 7 mths' old and the swell is still there.

Any one of your babies encounter this? Is it a must to surgically remove the swell? Or do you let it remain? Any advice?
hi tigger,

do u get it removed?? I am worry for my boy.. What should I do?

Alisa

my son got swollen lymph node at his groin too and it was there for few mths, till polyclinic make a appointment with KK to check on this but before the appointment, his lymph node subside so we never go for the appointment. he was in pain when i touch the lymph node so we are not so worried.

Izzymama

My boy had his lymph nodes remove from the back of his ear/neck area in KKH when he was about 2 1/2 yrs old. His lymph nodes is movable and the size is quite big (3cm & 5cm) measured after surgery. Its a day surgery but its an open wound which we have to change the dressing everyday and with a tube attach to it to drain away access water, which is very painful for him. Screaming everytime we change the dressing for 5 days. Its ok if the lymph nodes swell everytime when they are sick but it should subside after a week, his was there for a couple of months, was treated to a few antibiotics first before doc recommend the surgery.

BB Tigger

hi tigger,

do you get it removed?? I am worry for my boy.. What should I do?
Hi Dawn00

My boy just went for a follow-up last month. He had the swollen lymph node since about 2 mths old (he is 2yrs plus now). So far, the swell never increases in size. According to the doc, it is advisable to remove it as it is unlikely to subside.

I cannot decide if I want to remove it now as I feel that he is too young to go through this :eek:15:

Have you gone to see the doc? What was the advice given?

Dawn00

Hi baby tigger,
my ped said that the swell did not increase in size and there is no pus so no need to go thru the surgery. She gave us the name card of the surgeon in case the swell increased. I don't intend to go coz he is so young to go thru.
Then our recent checkup the ped said the swell had get better and it had soften so no need to worry. She did mention that it will take very long to subside. What your ped suggest? Go operation?

BB Tigger

Hi Dawn00

According to the doc, it will not subside in my boy's case since the swell has been there for like 27 mths. So, he suggested removing it. As he saw that I was quite hesitant, he told me to think about it. However, he did say that if it increases in size (which he also say is quite unlikely) or "burst", then my boy still has to go thru the operation :bsad:

Hi,
It is generally advisable to take any such measures if the swollen lymph node has resulted in weight loss, fever and night sweats.
Some of the home remedies that one can take up include consuming Garlic, Apple cider vinegar or Honey. These have anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Other things that you can do are warm compress, yoga or some other form of exercise.
Refer this, would be helpful. https://www.doctorshealthpress.com/general-health-articles/swollen-lymph-nodes-in-neck-causes-and-treatment/