taking aspirin at 20 weeks

fallingintoyou

Dear mummies,

I just went for my 20 weeks screening at KKH yesterday and my baby's development is normal. However, the gynae was a bit concerned that my baby is not receiving 100% blood flow through the unbilical cord hence not receiving 100% of the required nutrients due to a blockage. She can't tell me what the blockage could be, so she prescribed aspirin 100mg for me to take everyday till the start of the third trimester to ease the blood flow. She assures me that it's safe for the baby. I understand that aspirin thins the blood, thus allowing the blood to flow easily to the baby.

Can I just find out from anyone out there who has been prescribed aspirin before?

Thanks!

Jheyyy

I'm almost 20 weeks now, & i've took aspirin before.
According to doctors, it's safe for expectant women.

I don't take it all the time though; maybe say once in 1 or 2 days.

maine78

Me too. I'm taking 100mg aspirin daily as my 5th mth detailed scan revealed that there are notches on both left and right side of placenta. My right side is fairly blocked but my left is >50% blocked. Will be taking aspirin for the next 2mths and need to take another detailed scan in 7th mth.

Gynae said bedrest as much as possible. No specific reasons for the notches. But if notches still there by 7th mth, either baby size will be small or mother will get high blood pressure. But gynae assured me that condition will usually improve after taking medication.

Rest well and dun worry so much

notti

me too.. was prescribed aspirin since the detailed scan result. both arteries were fairly congested. gynae advised may lead to small size baby or may not even happen at all. Was asked to eat the aspirin daily till week 34. Now in my 30th week so far so good. 29th week checkup baby was abt 1.4kg-1.5kg.

Hi,

Take Encore and Circle.

What is ENCORE? ENCORE is a delicious, nutritious powder beverage rich in antioxidants to nourish the heart and liver. Enjoy the feeling of renewal and vitality with this unique beverage!

ENCORE’s main ingredients are hawthorn, plum, blueberry, winter melon, chrysanthemum and mulberry.

Hawthorn is praised for its heart-strengthening properties. It is used in traditional medicine to treat irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, chest pain, hardening of the arteries, and heart failure.

Plum helps to prevent plaque formation in the arteries. The high potassium content in plum helps to normalize blood pressure, while soluble fiber promotes heart health.

Blueberries are one of the richest sources of antioxidants, making them powerful supporters of the immune system. They help reduce the buildup of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, thereby preventing cardiovascular disease and stroke.

Winter melon may protect against cardiovascular diseases and cancers by fighting free radicals and inhibiting angiotensin-converting enzyme activity, which causes blood vessels to narrow. It also promotes urination, thereby removing wastes and toxins from the body.

Chrysanthemum increases blood flow to the heart. It is also reputed for aiding liver functions, lowering high blood pressure, improving eyesight, and detoxifying blood.

Mulberry helps improve blood flow, which eases the workload of the heart. It supports healthy liver function as it has detoxification properties

The circulatory system is an elaborate network of veins, arteries and capillaries. Thanks to a steadily pumping heart, this system forces blood to every organ. The blood vessels not only deliver oxygen and nutrients to all parts of the body, but also act as a transportation network for immune cells.

To function smoothly, the circulatory system must be well nourished. This also helps keep veins and arteries free of interfering substances such as cholesterol. A malfunctioning circulatory system may lead to an irregular heartbeat, arteriosclerosis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and other cardiovascular diseases.

A smooth running circulatory system is inextricably linked to your vitality. CIRCLE helps nourish the circulatory system. Daily consumption of CIRCLE can improve both blood circulation and overall health

tohsl

Just had my 20 weeks scan and found out to have bilateral uterine notches - left and right sides are quite blocked. The doctor asked me to continue to take aspirin daily and not to worry about it. Well, it is hard not too.

Just wondering how you mommies are doing? What are the blockage level when you were informed of the diagnosis? For me, RI for right is 0.77 and left is 0.68.:embarrassed:

notti

Just had my 20 weeks scan and found out to have bilateral uterine notches - left and right sides are quite blocked. The doctor asked me to continue to take aspirin daily and not to worry about it. Well, it is hard not too.

Just wondering how you mommies are doing? What are the blockage level when you were informed of the diagnosis? For me, RI for right is 0.77 and left is 0.68.:embarrassed:
mine was 0.6 and 0.8 but i had delivered my dear son recently, very healthy and is of avergae size.
so not to worry, just take the aspirin as indicated and everything will be fine!

tohsl

Thanks Notti for your reply. It is very reassuring to know good outcome is possible with this problem.

Hope you are getting enough rest with your newborn. Congrats!:Dancing_tongue:

notti

Thanks Notti for your reply. It is very reassuring to know good outcome is possible with this problem.

Hope you are getting enough rest with your newborn. Congrats!:Dancing_tongue:
No problem. Stay positive. It is good for baby and yourself. My baby is now 7 days old :)