Tattoo during pregnancy.

Jheyyy

Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you did tattoo-ing during your pregnancy ?
I did a read-up on the internet & it says that tattoos are not recommended during pregnancy because the equipment that they use might cause shock to the baby & there's a risk of infection.
I'm not intending to do it with a tattooist from the tattoo shop.
I'm planning to get a religious one by a Thai monk as he'll be here till 6th November only & I'm not even due by then.
Thai monks use needles & handwork, no electrical equipment used at all.
& i'll be doing it near chest area, so it's not that near to my belly.

Is it safe ._. ?

keefu

I suggest not doing it until you've given birth, as it kinda distress the baby and tattooing during pregnancy is similar like sewing stuff on the marital bed. Pregnancy taboos related to 'destroying' the baby's features is scary to me...

angelwendy

is better not to do it.. because sometime when due to shock or sudden pain in the body might induce labour.. but to wait the next time...

apollo

better not... since u post here and seek for the mummies' advices, i supposed u can choose to do it nw or later. do it later is safer, dont take the risk =)

Ashbaby

Whats the hurry to get the tattoo done? The baby safety come first, the tattoo can alway come later.

Ting

u can always go thai to find that monk to help u with the tattoo after u deliver.