TCM for baby???

Cheechee

Hi! Anyone tried TCM for baby? If so, any reputable physician to recommend?

My boy is 6 months old and has been perpetually having phlegm. It got worse when he caught a flu when he was 3 months old. He was really wheezy with thick and sticky phlegm in his chest. We went to the pediatrician, tried all possible consumable medication and even the inhaler of ventolin. They do help the phlegm subside but it can never fully clear up. PD said his lungs are weak and we must take very good care of him as such cases have higher chance of becoming asthmatic. I would like to take preventive measures via TCM. Anyone know of any good ones to recommend?

camom

I used to bring my DD to Ji Sheng Tang at Thomson Imperial Court. It's beside the Thomson CC, opp Long House.

Cheechee

Gee thanks! That's very close to my place. How old was your daughter then? Was it tuina or do you need to consume chinese medications?

camom

Less than a year old when she started. Ji Sheng Tang prescribes oral medication. It's usually chinese medical powder in a solution with very little alcohol. The sinseh said needed the alcohol to properly mix the med. You need to boil the alcohol away before you store it for consumption.

I brought her for Tuina at Yuguo when she was younger but didn't seem to help.

sylviang

You can try meridian 101 therapy, whereby you will learn learn DIY merdian therapy methods that you are able to relieve common illnesses naturally.

Meridian 101 provides you with a simpler way to regain and maintain good health, and depend less on synthetic drugs and antibiotics, and therefore do away with any long term harmful side effects.

Meridian 101 is a technique that you can use anytime, anywhere, in a Do-It-Yourself manner. You can help yourself and all in your family to attain a healthy body and mind.

Ever since I learnt this natural technique, my family has reduced the number of trips to the clinic (touch woods) or taken any chemical synthetic drugs, which mostly have long-term side effects.

Do u know that a panadol you take can last in your stomach for 6 years?!

sylviang

You can learn meridian therapy whereby you will DIY methods to relieve common illnesses that people normally face naturally.

Meridian 101 provides you with a simpler way to regain and maintain good health, and depend less on synthetic drugs and antibiotics, and therefore do away with any long term harmful side effects.

Meridian 101 is a technique that you can use anytime, anywhere, in a Do-It-Yourself manner. You can help yourself and all in your family to attain a healthy body and mind.

Ever since I learnt this natural technique, my family has reduced the number of trips to the clinic (touch woods) or taken any chemical synthetic drugs, which mostly have long-term side effects.

Do u know that a panadol you take can last in your stomach for 6 years?!

sylviang

Thanks Camom for the info!
Sylviang - thanks, will google to find out more.
No worries, do give me a call at 97226844 if you are interested to attend the Meridian 101 for kids workshop.

It builds up the kids immunity system and also a very good bonding session for parents and kids. :Dancing_wub:

capricon

Hi cheechee,

My kids have been on chinese medicine since young. Currently, they are seeing Guo MeiLing Yishi recommended by Fen Ying FM97.2. I am seeing her to tiao my health too. She doesn't do tuina, she prescribed powder to be mixed with warm water. She is located at Pple's Park Ctr.

My kids hv been to Yu guo for tuina, they also prescribed powder and liquid. Their health worsen after a year at Yu guo, so I switched them to Guo Meiling Yi shi from Sept 09 onwards. I see improvement in their health now.

Chinese medicine will help to strengthen yr gal's lungs. It's better than western medicine, as it has no side effects. Most importantly, you must provide as much info abt yr gal's condition and health history to the yishi as it'll help her in diagnosing yr gal's problem.

Last edited:

sylviang

Baby had accupressure points as well, but we do massages for them different from adults. If you are interested to know more, you can visit www.essentiallymeridian.com to know more. To book for a workshop session, you may contact me at 97226844.

baby_elmo

Hi cheechee,

My kids have been on chinese medicine since young. Currently, they are seeing Guo MeiLing Yishi recommended by Fen Ying FM97.2. I am seeing her to tiao my health too. She doesn't do tuina, she prescribed powder to be mixed with warm water. She is located at Pple's Park Ctr.

My kids have been to Yu guo for tuina, they also prescribed powder and liquid. Their health worsen after a year at Yu guo, so I switched them to Guo Meiling Yi shi from Sept 09 onwards. I see improvement in their health now.

Chinese medicine will help to strengthen yr gal's lungs. It's better than western medicine, as it has no side effects. Most importantly, you must provide as much info about yr gal's condition and health history to the yishi as it'll help her in diagnosing yr gal's problem.
hi, can i have guo mei ling med clinic address? for future reference n how's the charges like?

currently i giving my 1 month old gal taking bo ying tan from eu yan sang for phlegm problem. it helps to reduce that phlegm n allow my gal to sleep w/o getting choke by her phlegm. for more info, pls visit their web.

Last edited:

capricon

hi, can i have guo mei ling med clinic address? for future reference n how's the charges like?

currently i giving my 1 month old gal taking bo ying tan from eu yan sang for phlegm problem. it helps to reduce that phlegm n allow my gal to sleep w/o getting choke by her phlegm. for more info, pls visit their web.
Hi baby_elmo,

Sorry for the late reply as I do not log in frequently.

This is Guo Meiling's address and contact details. Consultation fee is $8, medicine charges depends on the medicine prescribed, and the duration (e.g 5 or 7 days medicine). It is cheaper than Eu Yan Sang clinic. Bao Ying Dan and 8 Bao San work to a certain extent, however it does not work on serious conditions. My kids are older now, so I give them 8 Bao San first when I can't bring them to the sinseh.

When yr child is 1 yr old, you can give her Sugar free sambucus which helps the immune system to fight the virus. Nature's Way Sambucus Sugar-Free Syrup -- 8 fl oz - Vitacost You can buy from vitacost spree in Singapore Motherhood forum or from retail stores VitaKids. Buying from sprees will be cheaper.

I give my kids sambucus during the onset of flu, however when they develop phlegm, I'll still bring them to see sinseh. I find combining traditional chinese medicine with sambucus helps to speed up their recovery.

Chinese Traditional Hemed Pte Ltd

101 Upper Cross St #03-59 People's Park Centre S(058357)

Tel: 6535 4881 (Ask for Guo Meiling Yi shi)
Always call before you go, as she may not be in.

Consultation Hours:

Mon, Tue, Fri & Sat : 10am -1pm
3pm - 8.30pm

Wed & Thur : 10am -1pm
3pm - 6pm

Closed on Sunday

Last edited:

baby_elmo

thanks for the address...

will note down the address for future needs. esp my hubby dun encourage babies to take western med.

:shyxxx:

Ting

Hi baby_elmo,

Sorry for the late reply as I do not log in frequently.

This is Guo Meiling's address and contact details. Consultation fee is $8, medicine charges depends on the medicine prescribed, and the duration (e.g 5 or 7 days medicine). It is cheaper than Eu Yan Sang clinic. Bao Ying Dan and 8 Bao San work to a certain extent, however it does not work on serious conditions. My kids are older now, so I give them 8 Bao San first when I can't bring them to the sinseh.

When yr child is 1 yr old, you can give her Sugar free sambucus which helps the immune system to fight the virus. Nature's Way Sambucus Sugar-Free Syrup -- 8 fl oz - Vitacost You can buy from vitacost spree in Singapore Motherhood forum or from retail stores VitaKids. Buying from sprees will be cheaper.

I give my kids sambucus during the onset of flu, however when they develop phlegm, I'll still bring them to see sinseh. I find combining traditional chinese medicine with sambucus helps to speed up their recovery.

Chinese Traditional Hemed Pte Ltd

101 Upper Cross St #03-59 People's Park Centre S(058357)

Tel: 6535 4881 (Ask for Guo Meiling Yi shi)
Always call before you go, as she may not be in.

Consultation Hours:

Mon, Tue, Fri & Sat : 10am -1pm
3pm - 8.30pm

Wed & Thur : 10am -1pm
3pm - 6pm

Closed on Sunday
is she good? i might wanna try to bring pin to see chinese sinseh since western med dont seem to be of much help on her phelgm.
is the med prescribed expensive? range abt??
btw, if she is still takin western med now (just brought her to doc last week) can she switch to chinese med immediately??

capricon

Hi Ting,

My gal recovered from her flu and phlegm in about one week with no relapse. However, during the recovery period, you need to refrain yr gal from taking sweet foods as it will slow down recovery.
Guo yi shi's medical fees is affordable, cheaper than EYS. My gal's fees was about $20+ including $8 consultation fee, for about 5 days medicine. Yr gal can switch to chinese medicine, just stop her western medication will do.

If you stay in the west, I also have a sinseh in bukit batok who is also good. Pm me if you are keen, as I dont't log in frequently.

Ting

Hi Ting,

My gal recovered from her flu and phlegm in about one week with no relapse. However, during the recovery period, you need to refrain yr gal from taking sweet foods as it will slow down recovery.
Guo yi shi's medical fees is affordable, cheaper than EYS. My gal's fees was about $20+ including $8 consultation fee, for about 5 days medicine. Yr gal can switch to chinese medicine, just stop her western medication will do.

If you stay in the west, I also have a sinseh in bukit batok who is also good. Pm me if you are keen, as I dont't log in frequently.
hi thanks! actually i live in chinatown, so this sinseh would be very convenient for me.
with regards to taking sweet food. alr tryin to cut down as much as possible, but sometimes she is secretly fed (if u know what i mean).

Ting

hi capricon, was it hard for u to feed your girl the medication?
pin is taking it pretty bad.
she doesnt even wanna take it. n runs from me.
totally different from taking western med, she will open her mouth big big!
now i add into her milk which she is taking it better though she still battles with me.
SIGH, very stressful!!
but her phelgm dun seem to improve.

capricon

Hi Ting,

My kids took chinese medicine since young, so I do not have a problem feeding them. Sometimes the prescribed medicine may be more bitter, my kids did try to refuse it. However, I do not let them have their way and they will cooperate and take it. Maybe you can try to reward her with her favourite food after she has taken the medicine. Did the sinseh told you which foods to avoid for pin?

It's inevitable that she will refuse the chinese medicine as it's not sweet, and it's her first time taking it. She needs time to adapt to the new taste. How long has she been taking the chinese medicine? If you have questions or doubts, you can call up and ask the sinseh. Maybe you can check with her if chinese medicine mixed with milk, will it reduce its efficiency? I have watched a traditional chinese medicine program before, that chinese medicine is best taken with warm water and not with other beverages. It takes time to see improvement for chinese medicine, as every individual's health and diet is different. Patience is needed for traditional chinese medicine.

Ting

Hi Ting,

My kids took chinese medicine since young, so I do not have a problem feeding them. Sometimes the prescribed medicine may be more bitter, my kids did try to refuse it. However, I do not let them have their way and they will cooperate and take it. Maybe you can try to reward her with her favourite food after she has taken the medicine. Did the sinseh told you which foods to avoid for pin?

It's inevitable that she will refuse the chinese medicine as it's not sweet, and it's her first time taking it. She needs time to adapt to the new taste. How long has she been taking the chinese medicine? If you have questions or doubts, you can call up and ask the sinseh. Maybe you can check with her if chinese medicine mixed with milk, will it reduce its efficiency? I have watched a traditional chinese medicine program before, that chinese medicine is best taken with warm water and not with other beverages. It takes time to see improvement for chinese medicine, as every individual's health and diet is different. Patience is needed for traditional chinese medicine.
i tried the rewarding way alr, but still no use. she refuse to budge. the sinseh only mentioned they dun advice put in milk in case the kid doesnt finish the milk, but i make sure she finishes her milk so its ok.
so far only this method works but also hv to force.
she's been a week on it alr, but haven finish, cos instead of 3 times a day, she only take 2 times a day cos in sch she doesnt take milk.

the sinseh mentioned to avoid chicken, eggs n prawns n sweet food for the time being.
at home, it is easier, but in sch quite hard, cos they only serve fish n chicken. i did inform her sch alr, n told the teacher if possible feed her fish dishes for all meals.

i think tonight i try to feed her the medicine with water.

capricon

I see, sometimes it can be the diet slowing down recovery. I know what you mean, it's more difficult to control her diet in school, and teachers may forget and give her chicken.

Since she is taking the medicine 2 times instead of 3 times a day, I think you have to be patient to see improvements. When my gal had phlegm, it went away on the sixth or seventh day. I thought her recovery was slow cos I didn't see any improvement too, but about a week later I realise her phlegm was completely gone.