TCM for increasing supply??!!

andieluv2

Went to a tcm today to ask if there is any tcm to increase bm and he ask me to take cordyceps and bao sheng. He said my body if more 虚...so ask me take and i will be able to.see the effect in 1wk. It cost me 200odd for the medication as u know cordyceps are bery costly. Any mummies out there tried before?
i am into my 4th month and exclusively pumping. My supply is juz nice for my baby but i wish to have surplus. Not latching bcoz bb already develop preferance for bottle. Took frenugreek, domper, mother milk tea etc etc. Supply did increase from 50mls - 100-120mls. But still wish to have more.

actually if you are exclusively pumping, is quite easy to manage your supply. if u want to increase the supply, you just need to pump more frequently. I did exclusive pumping for my first child and I managed my supply by either increasing or decreasing freq of pump. If you wish to have more supply, do not drop the midnight pump. I read that our hormones peak from 3am -5am. so if you pump once within this time, your yield will be alot. if you drop this pump, your suppy will drop. this is quite true for me. when i wanted to wean off, i drop midnight pump and my supply went downhill very fast.

andieluv2

Yea. I now pumping 4hrly in the day and 6hrly at night. Knew that suppose to pump 3hrly. Converted abt 1 month ago. As its really too tiring for me as i take care of bb at night. So one day i will pump 5x lidat and i neber miss the midnight pump. Like now i am pumping.. Lol... Whn i pump 6hrly i can get abt 130-170. still wishing to have more nahz...

I think if you can pump an extra 1-2 feeds everyday will be good. For eg if per feed is 180ml, good to pump extra 180 - 360ml like tat per day on top of his daily intake. I rem my son was drinking like 800 - 900ml of milk and I was pumping 1 - 1.3 litres per day till I wean him off when he was 1 yr old.

baby's milk intake may drop once he starts on solids. so, then, you can be more relaxed.

Actually, i was thinking, instead of having a 6 hour break for the pump, why not distribute the frequency equally so is about 5 hours per pump? cos once you drag, yield may b lowered.

Oh yes, talking about TCM, just yest night, my MIL gave me some TCM herbs to drink. think got ba zhen and dunno what. then, for my midnight feed, my daughter just refused my milk but cos she hungry, she drank but she vomited out all! First time i see her vomiting out so much milk. Not spitting but projectile motion kind. So i m not sure if is the TCM herbs cos now i confinement i dun take anything very dofferent everyday. the herbs was the only different thing. So, you may want to try taking a dose of your herbs first and see how baby reacts to it.

msck

Hey, my mom is a tcm pro. So during my confinement, shes the one who make the red date tea.

She always adjust n change the dosage of each herb every day. Anyway, think my mom uses that dang sim too.

Bei qi, red date, black date, long an, gou qu zi, dang sim n zao mi.

She said zao mi make the red date tea less heaty.

andieluv2

rachelleling:705757 said:
I think if you can pump an extra 1-2 feeds everyday will be good. For eg if per feed is 180ml, good to pump extra 180 - 360ml like tat per day on top of his daily intake. I rem my son was drinking like 800 - 900ml of milk and I was pumping 1 - 1.3 litres per day till I wean him off when he was 1 yr old.

baby's milk intake may drop once he starts on solids. so, then, you can be more relaxed.

Actually, i was thinking, instead of having a 6 hour break for the pump, why not distribute the frequency equally so is about 5 hours per pump? cos once you drag, yield may b lowered.

Oh yes, talking about TCM, just yest night, my MIL gave me some TCM herbs to drink. think got ba zhen and dunno what. then, for my midnight feed, my daughter just refused my milk but cos she hungry, she drank but she vomited out all! First time i see her vomiting out so much milk. Not spitting but projectile motion kind. So i m not sure if is the TCM herbs cos now i confinement i dun take anything very dofferent everyday. the herbs was the only different thing. So, you may want to try taking a dose of your herbs first and see how baby reacts to it.
How.i wish i could get 1L-1.3L per day!!! i am only getting abt 600mls per day and is barely meeting her needs. But luckily my fren donated some of her bm to me so i use her bm to top up the difference.

I tried the 5hrs gap but not too much diff. I work out that the 4hrs and 6hrs gap work better for me..

andieluv2

Btw whn u all start on semi solids? My bb is initially on mixed feeds. But converted her to total bm at 2.5months. I am aiming to let her wean at 6months. So used to take similac step 1. She is okay with that. Thinking of.letting her slowly.start taking formula again once i am bck to work and finish.my frens bm. I still have abt 5L of her bm in my freezer.. Lol... Dun wanna waste it. It can tahan me abt 2 months. Hopefully.my supply will go up more.

I started giving my son solids quite late at 7 mth. actually can star to gv at 6 mth but then that time my son kena stomach flu and I din want to worsen the flu and hence gv only when he's recovered.

If you can continue to give bm, do continue to give. cos is really the best gift!

andieluv2

I wanted too. But guess whn i am bck to work, my supply will sure drop due to stress and all... So thinking of weaning her liao by the time i go bck...

Andieluv2,

I know u at weaning off after u start work. Just to share my experience. I started work in oct, my milk supply drop a bit though I pump as usual. Two weeks later after I slowly got used to it, my supply came back. My lactation consultant told me frequency of pumping is very important in helping to increase supply. Eg, I know U 3hr can pump 100ml(min), but when u pump 6 hr u get 130-170, it is lesser compare to 2 pumping at 3 hr which U will get 200ml. For me, 3 hr pump I get 150, if 2 hr I get 120. That is more if average out by hour. Pump more if u are less tired during weekend :)

andieluv2

paulinepoh80:709686 said:
Andieluv2,

I know u at weaning off after u start work. Just to share my experience. I started work in oct, my milk supply drop a bit though I pump as usual. Two weeks later after I slowly got used to it, my supply came back. My lactation consultant told me frequency of pumping is very important in helping to increase supply. Eg, I know U 3hr can pump 100ml(min), but when u pump 6 hr u get 130-170, it is lesser compare to 2 pumping at 3 hr which U will get 200ml. For me, 3 hr pump I get 150, if 2 hr I get 120. That is more if average out by hour. Pump more if u are less tired during weekend :)
Hi, thanks.for the.advice. I was thinking to.extend and likely to wean.off.as.it is bery tiring.to keep.pumping esp at.night. And.i work as.a.staff nurse.in the ED. My area.wont.have.time.for.me.to.pump. Imagine.i.pump half.way.and i.got an emergency case.coming.in?! i will be.stucked!! and oso.at night i need proper rest so.i wont make errors.at wrk. Every error will endanger my patients.life.and i really dont wish that to happen nahz. So i.planning if i at wrk. Plus.my.shift work? Its irregular hrs. Definitely.cant.keep to the schedules. Hence.i decided i wont pump at wrk, let it get engorge, go.bck hm.bath.and.latch.on and pump.it out. Will stay on with the.night.pump to see how it goes. If.really tooooo.tiring then.i.see.no point nahz. Anyway i.already took 2 months.of.NPL to bf her. So i guess thats the best i.can do for.my bb.liao.but.of course i will still try before giving up totally!! :)

andieluv2

Dear all,

i've been.on the TCM for abt 2wks now and.is so glad that my supply actually increased!!! Now i have enough to supply for my bb, and i have.abit of surplus everyday!! And i am.so happy!!!.so the TCM actually works!! and make me more alert in the day but down side is that i am so sensitive to it that i am also awake in the night... So feel that my occasional bck pain (as a result of epidural) was lesser...

Now i truely believe in TCM and will "tiao" my body well before my 2nd pregnancy.

Dear all,

i've been.on the traditional chinese medicine for about 2wks now and.is so glad that my supply actually increased!!! Now i have enough to supply for my baby, and i have.abit of surplus everyday!! And i am.so happy!!!.so the traditional chinese medicine actually works!! and make me more alert in the day but down side is that i am so sensitive to it that i am also awake in the night... So feel that my occasional bck pain (as a result of epidural) was lesser...

Now i truely believe in traditional chinese medicine and will "tiao" my body well before my 2nd pregnancy.
Can you tell me what is in your concoction? I also was on 7 days of a concoction for breast milk supply but not sure if it worked. I took it from day 2-8 after birth but today is day 19. I know mine has one ingredient called tong(1) cai(3)...is a white ring herb that looks like polo mint candy and super light and white.

andieluv2

I not too sure eh. Bcoz they grind into.powder and i juz take 1 small spoon every morning. But i know inside got cordycep amd pao sheng. The rest i dun know kiao. He got help me pa mai all these before giving me the.prescription. So i think it the.prescription might be.different for everyone.