Teaching Phonics & Mathematics Using Montessori Method Workshop

cmeilim

Any mummies interested in attending this workshop on 3 Mar (Wed) 7.30-9.30pm) to learn how to teach our your kids with phonics and mathematics? The trainer Nafisa Juzer is a teacher and also owner of an online children educational resources store, Right to Learn. I am sharing this info with all the mummies here, as well as looking for other mummies to attend with me. It costs $37 per mummy (if we sign up by 24 Feb, after which it will cost $47 per person), or $60 for two mummies (ie $30 per mummy). Attendees will get two free e-books on the Montessori method.

See more details below. If you are keen, pls PM me with your real name in full and email address. If there are more than one other mummy keen, I can try to ask Nafisa if she can give us an even lower rate than $30 per pax (but no promises!).

Leave a posting on this thread and also PM me your details soon if you are keen! Payment is via interbank transfer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to popular demand - Right To Learn Educational Services has developed a Workshop on
'Teaching Phonics & Mathematics Using the Montessori Method'
http://montessoriprogram2.r2learntoys.com/3
Join us Now if you are interested to learn how to teach your child to read logically while moving rapidly and easily.

—►Learn the sounds of the 26 letters and blending the letters together to form new words.

—► Learn to differentiate consonants and vowels

—►Learn how to help your child to enjoy his Mathematical journey

—►How you can create an additional income by teaching children how to read with this method

—►Nafisa Juzer will share with you why some Phonics programs fail

—►How you can make materials yourself instead of spending hundreds of dollars buying them!

—►Reduce your expenses when you STOP to pay exorbitant fees just to send your child to an enrichment class

—►Techniques that will definitely help you as well as your child to develop a special bond.

cmeilim

i checked with the organiser, Nafisa. She said the lowest rate is $30 per person regardless the number of participants signing up. Bonus free e-books are for early bird who sign up by 24 Feb. Any one keen?

cmeilim

this is conducted at Delta Ave, off River Valley Road. Near to Great World City. Hmm...not sure if can bring baby along or not. How old is your baby? I'll help you ask the organiser. =)

cmeilim

Hi mummies,

I've found a mummy to attend with me to qualify for the promo price. =)

Pl register yourselves early using the link above in my first posting, if you are also interested. Hope to meet other mummies in this forum at the workshop. =)

camom

Hi Cmeilim mommy,

For monte materials, you might want to register with this group Montessorimaterials on Yahoo. They have lots and lots of monte materials there. For reading materials, you can try these books:

1) Basic Montessori: Learning Activities For Under-Fives by David Gettman

2) Teaching Montessori in the Home: The Pre-School Years by Elizabeth G Hainstock.

3) Montessori Read & Write by Lynne Lawrence

The 1st 2 are esp helpful to me in understanding how to reinforce DD's learning in school.

juice

Hi Everyone

Right To Learn is organizing another workshop on 12th May. Anyone want to go with me.

Torhuiz

hi, just chance upon this thread and found the workshop quite interesting. may i ask those mummies who have attended the previous workshop provide some feedback? how was the session?

many thanks in advance!

cheers!

cmeilim

hi, just chance upon this thread and found the workshop quite interesting. may i ask those mummies who have attended the previous workshop provide some feedback? how was the session?

many thanks in advance!

cheers!

it gives participants some basic handles on how u can start teaching your child using montessori methods and also some introductory concepts and principles of the montessori methodology. but it's only 3h long, so is too rush to be comprehensive, and of course it is not a professional certification course or anything like that. personally it satisfied my curiosity abt the montessori method and inspired me to find out more from other sources. =)

juice

many thanks in advance!

cheers!
For those who are interested,

I attended the workshop on 12th may at Right to Learn's new premises. The trainer was very well versed with the Montessori Method and all the mummies a general idea of the materials that need to be used for the Language and Mathematics. I now have a clearer idea of what materials to buy and use with my daughter who I plan to homeschool for now.
They will be having more workshops if we need to learn in detail about the language or Mathematics materials. I have signed up for all the courses as I feel that it is better as can do hands on with the materials so that i can teach my daughter at home.

juice

hihi,

any courses for this year?

any web for me to refer?

the course fee is cheap

Hi Viviling

You may want to refer to the workshops that they are having for this year. I got an email which says that this workshops will be the last for this year.
Maybe next year the course fee might increase. Never know????

Specials

the link above has the workshops ...