Teats can use for how many month and need to change a new one?

joyfullow

Hi Mummies

Who can advise? Can share with me?
Hi there

My mama & friends actually advised me to change their teats & pacifier every 3months, and every 6months for bottles.
Hope this is helpful to you. Maybe you would like to check the pd?

Joyfullow

apollo

when ds was young, we changed his teats monthly, and bottles 2-3mths. aft he started semi solid, we change the teats every 2-3 mths and bottles depends on the condition. =)

apollo

why is it that we need to change it so often? my son is 4 months old and i have not changed anything.
I kiasu and kiasi. LOL!! and partly was becos last time ds was on friso comfort and the milk was very thick so we gonna cut a small holes on the teats and the teats spoilt easily and gonna change every mth. aft he switch to 'normal' FM and started semi solid, we change his teat every 2-3mths and still doing that until now. =)

pinkapple

I change when it becomes "slimy" - sticky, opaque. no matter how you wash, it can't would look clear like when it was new.

Edwinie

hmm.. it didn't occur to me that teats needed to be changed. this topic never came to my mind at all. haha!

ok, i shall look out for signs of age and it being un-washable. =)

Edwinie

so u still using avent teats size 1? bcos now i am thinking wan to change to size 2 for my son.
i added to size 2 when my son was 1.5 months old. for the size 1, i used a needle to make the holes bigger. my son is 4 months old now and i tried to introduce 3, apparently, he can't take it. i think i'm feeding him breastmilk and breastmilk is thinner than fm. so the milk flows much faster..

bb2010

i added to size 2 when my son was 1.5 months old. for the size 1, i used a needle to make the holes bigger. my son is 4 months old now and i tried to introduce 3, apparently, he can't take it. i think i'm feeding him breastmilk and breastmilk is thinner than fm. so the milk flows much faster..
how do u know he can change the teats from size 1 to size 2 bcos my son is 3months and next week is 4months but i still using teat size 1 ler... dun know need to chaneg to size 3 or try size 2 first. anyone can advise?

Edwinie

how do u know he can change the teats from size 1 to size 2 bcos my son is 3months and next week is 4months but i still using teat size 1 ler... dun know need to chaneg to size 3 or try size 2 first. anyone can advise?
introduce it and see how your son reacts. if he chokes, then try some other day again. try 2 first since your son is used to 1.

PTB7476

the tell tale sign of when to change teats is when it become cloudy...ie no longer transparent.
and of course when your bb is taking longer than usual to finish the milk or they start getting frustrated cos milk flow too slow :tlaugh: