Teething solutions?

tehsusu79

Hi Ladies,

My 5 mth old boy is expriencing teething now & nothing I do seems to help him thru this painful/itchy period. Have tried putting teether toy into fridge so that it will help to cool his swollen gums but he still cries & trying to bite d teether. Hv also tried to make milk more room temp so he can swallow w/o rejecting milk. My last resort is to let him bite my finger (he seems to calm dwn abit) but I can't be always around him. Also tried to feed gripe water as advised by my mum but dunno how it helps though.

Was wondering if there is any other methods you ladies here wld like to recommend me?

pixie

Get a tube of teething gel and gently rub some on his upper and lower gel whenever he is acting up. The aim is to numb those itchy/painful gums for about 20 mins. It works for my baby.

tehsusu79

Is there a brand to recommend & where do you buy it from? & can i use it often since it numbs it for only 20mins? Appreciate your advise alot! :D

Get a tube of teething gel and gently rub some on his upper and lower gel whenever he is acting up. The aim is to numb those itchy/painful gums for about 20 mins. It works for my baby.

pixie

Any brand is fine - they are easily available in most pharmacies, kiddy's place and even Watson.

You are suppose to continue rubbing it on your baby's gums as often as possible until s/he stopped fussing. So far, I only have to do it twice because usually after that my baby will forget about the pain......LOL or she would have already fallen asleep. Gums pain dont persist for long, it just come and go off.

Alternatively, buy some rusks and give one to her if she feels like sucking your fingers.

tehsusu79

Okie noted with much thanks! will get it first thing tomorrow. fingers crossed that it will work for my bb too! :D

Any brand is fine - they are easily available in most pharmacies, kiddy's place and even Watson.

You are suppose to continue rubbing it on your baby's gums as often as possible until s/he stopped fussing. So far, I only have to do it twice because usually after that my baby will forget about the pain......LOL or she would have already fallen asleep. Gums pain dont persist for long, it just come and go off.

Alternatively, buy some rusks and give one to her if she feels like sucking your fingers.

tehsusu79

Bought Dentinox from Guardian. Seems to work for awhile before he starts to get cranky again. So what I did during his evening nap was 5 mins after putting on d gel I put him to bed. Works like a charm! I can start to feel his bottom teeth pushing out already. :D

Okie noted with much thanks! will get it first thing tomorrow. fingers crossed that it will work for my bb too! :D

pixie

Yup, same brand I have. Continue to gently rub on the gums and put more gel since you can feel teeth is pushing through from the gums. Give baby a rusk as a snack is good; it helps to relieve some aching of the gums and you will notice that baby tends to drool lesser when they are eating.

tehsusu79

Okie dokie thanks for the advice Pixie! But to give a 5mth old baby rusk is safe? Coz he is still solely on milk & not on semi-solids yet as adviced by Pedic. Scared that he will choked on it.

Yup, same brand I have. Continue to gently rub on the gums and put more gel since you can feel teeth is pushing through from the gums. Give baby a rusk as a snack is good; it helps to relieve some aching of the gums and you will notice that baby tends to drool lesser when they are eating.