Terminated or resigning

smiley

Dear friends in mummy sg,

i have a query to ask. I tender my resignation on the 5th February 2013 which by right my last day suppose to be 4th march. Half an hour to off work, my immediate boss ask me to do exit clearance, mentioning that I can leave on the 28th feb 2013. I got no time to ask for reason, it come as a shock to me. As I don't wanna take a cab out out as it was out of place only must booked advanced cab. I rush to do my clearance and quickly pack all my things and left on the company transport.

Is it a norm that most company practice that? Didn't even had chance to say goodbye to my colleague.

In this scenario, does it consider as resigning or termination?

Still in shock
smiley :(

Hi Smiley, it happened to my colleage before. Sometimes is really depends on the company maybe is safety issue. My company is a design company thats why they will release the resigned staff earlier if they got someone new to come in. they will try not to let the new people to interact with those leaving to prevent negative thought. well did you company cut your pay? otherwise take it positively that you can leave earlier!!:) Cheer up ya! So you found your new job already?

smiley

Hi Jessica

thanks for care and concern. I will start my new job on 12th march. Yea you are right they manage to find someone to take over. The new person coming in today. What I feel is tell me early maybe 2hours at least I got time to packed up and say good bye to my other dept friends.

Hi Jessica

thanks for care and concern. I will start my new job on 12th march. Yea you are right they manage to find someone to take over. The new person coming in today. What I feel is tell me early maybe 2hours at least I got time to packed up and say good bye to my other dept friends.
Yeah congates to your new journey on your new job!! I believe even you don't have time to say goodbye to your friend is okay you know. If they are trully your friend you will still keep in touch closely in future. :Dancing_wub:

smiley

Hi ninasky,

thanks for clearing my doubts. I am feeling much much better after checking with some of my friends , how their companies work when someone resign.

as what u mention most companies does that.

thanks
smiley

smiley

Hi Jessica,

yea u are right, if they are truly my friend they will try to keep in touch with me. If not it show their true color.

smiley

Hi Jessica ,

Enjoy your weekend
today is my 3rd day of work. Well although benefits not as good as the mnc company I work previously. The people here are like a family , working in harmony.
I am still green horn in this company, don't dare to comment. The only sad bad is it is a squatting toilet.

Just me
smiley