Thallasemia Test

-SRI-

Mummies & Daddies... Wanna ask, did ur HB need to go for thallasemia test?? At KK they ask him to go but at the point i wanna take blood test he was nt wit me so doc said he can go other days.. I ask doc is it impt for him to go, she said Yes, it is impt... I wonder if only KK gt tis procedure.. He's 31 yrs old.. Wonder if it is due to his age.. OLD!! :tlaugh:

tjed

nope, after birth, padae check our blood samples and hubby is non thala , so its me n baby checks only, yup at kk . this is a record sent by hosp and they will call you with appt once as and when in a blue moon thing, better not skip in the early years , most importantly!...if kid is non thala then all the more better and worry free!...thala has degree, so if its mild one , nothing to concern

Thallasemia Test
Mummies & Daddies... Wanna ask, did ur HB need to go for thallasemia test?? At KK they ask him to go but at the point i wanna take blood test he was nt wit me so doc said he can go other days.. I ask doc is it impt for him to go, she said Yes, it is impt... I wonder if only KK gt tis procedure.. He's 31 yrs old.. Wonder if it is due to his age.. OLD!! :tlaugh:

-SRI-

But mine doc said the test hv to be done b4 birth lei.... urs after birth than ur HB hv to go for the test ar?? My guy like reluctant to go... asked doc, she said its a muz... hmmm...

~m3m~

Hi dear, I went for the test as well during my last pregnancy when my gynae noticed that my cells count (should be, not sure) are way too low. It has got nothing to do with age. It's because during the normal check up routine, our blood will be tested and if our blood cells (can't cnfm if it's the blood cells but is something to do with the blood) is too low, they may suspect that we have this so to play safe, they will send us for further test to cnfm. Baby MAY or MAY NOT inherit this from us if we have it. Pls refer to link for more info on this.

About Thalassemia

Last edited:

-SRI-

but hor..mine is the normal blood test.. His is the thallesemia test... Impt for him to go?? He like reluctant to lor... haiz.... I guess he don luv his bb too...

~m3m~

but hor..mine is the normal blood test.. His is the thallesemia test... Impt for him to go?? He like reluctant to lor... haiz.... I guess he don luv his bb too...
as i m not a professional in dis...so sorry i cnot advise u on dis but if ur gynae says so...no harm doing the test...anyway...it shd do all party gd rite...

naze

We went for blood test & found out I have thallesemia. After I delivered my elder child, PD took her blood test, she didnt mention if my child has thallesemia ? I assume she doesnt have.

~m3m~

Does your hubby have it? I can't remember the chart. But I think some website did explain the condition for the baby to inherit it (the chance). Mine the chance not high I think. Really forgotten everything and now it seems like I could not find that particular website which I like better in terms of explanation etc. :nah: But I doubt your baby have it cos it will be very troublesome as the baby will need tl always transfuse blood every now and then (may rem wrongly also, may be not now but when older?).

Will try to find a similar website and I will post the link here for those who are interested to know more if I can find it. :)

~m3m~

Ok, have found one with illustrations on the inheritance of this blood disorder but this is not the one I like. Couldn't find it anymore but I think this one should be clear enough too.

Thalassemias, Causes

tiziana

me & my hb also went for the Thalassaemia test before i give birth. Im a Thalassaemia minor, my hb is perfectly fine so i guess my baby girl do not have any Thalassaemia :)

naze

Does your hubby have it? I can't remember the chart. But I think some website did explain the condition for the baby to inherit it (the chance). Mine the chance not high I think. Really forgotten everything and now it seems like I could not find that particular website which I like better in terms of explanation etc. :nah: But I doubt your baby have it cos it will be very troublesome as the baby will need tl always transfuse blood every now and then (may rem wrongly also, may be not now but when older?).

Will try to find a similar website and I will post the link here for those who are interested to know more if I can find it. :)
My DH does not have it.

-SRI-

me & my hb also went for the Thalassaemia test before i give birth. Im a Thalassaemia minor, my hb is perfectly fine so i guess my baby girl do not have any Thalassaemia :)

Oooo..so b4 i give birth the test shld be done la...icic...

-SRI-

as i m not a professional in dis...so sorry i cnot advise u on dis but if ur gynae says so...no harm doing the test...anyway...it shd do all party gd rite...

true lor...but he like don bother....alot of excuses he hv given me..but afterall it his bb ma...haiz..... :wong21:

-SRI-

Well, I think your dh is afraid of needles? Mine do :tlaugh:
No la...he whr gt afraid of all tis minor thing...i tink he juz cant be bothered wit his bb la.....haiz......................GOD AR!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO SO MAD AT HIM................. hahaha....

adoncia

relax SRI. try talking to him again? its very impt to go for all tests that doc advise you and your dh to go. i am the one who is afraid of needles and my dh is the one who accompany me and talk to me when i am having those test and he is not by my side because he has to work. let him know that it takes 2 hands to clap. and for baby, it's both responsibilities.

btw, this test is a common practice in KK. my hubby also went for the test and he is only 27.

Last edited:

-SRI-

relax SRI. try talking to him again? its very impt to go for all tests that doc advise you and your dh to go. i am the one who is afraid of needles and my dh is the one who accompany me and talk to me when i am having those test and he is not by my side because he has to work. let him know that it takes 2 hands to clap. and for baby, it's both responsibilities.

btw, this test is a common practice in KK. my hubby also went for the test and he is only 27.
icic..i'm trying my very the best to relax lor... but he ar..full of excuses.. told him to do for the sake of bb.. but all he gave me is lame excuses n full of lies lor.... :wong7: