The end to my BF journey??

allycat

I've been pumping 3 times a day when I'm in office and direct latching when I'm at home. But the volume I'm pumping these days (actually for the past 3 weeks) has been getting very miserable. I was able to get 150-180ml per pump previously but only about 100ml nowadays. Not sure what happened and I have to supplement with FM very soon if the situation doesnt get improved. So sad... :embarrassed:

diymummy

Have you tried taking stuff that is said to boost supply like nursing mother's tea or fenugreek pills?

There was a thread I read before called "power pumping" which helped this mother perk up her supply again. Maybe you'd like to do a search for that?

adelynn

has this reduced amount gone on for a very long time?

for me i realized a few things.. every month there are a few days my supply would dip for no reason; after that it would slowly pick up again and go back to normal. it seems to be a cycle - but my 'aunty' hasn't returned yet. Gynae was telling me i could be ovulating thus hormone levels go bit hay wire for BM production thus the dip.

drinking sufficient fluids? there's a direct r/s between amt of water i drink versus the BM i produce for me. so i take in minimum 3L of water each day

if all else fails, like what other mummies recommend take supplements or drink milk boosting soup - for me, any type of fish soup works (like fish steam boat)

allycat

My menses have yet to resume as well. In the past few months, the dip in supply only lasted for a less than a week so I guessed I was ovulating then. But this round, its been almost 3 weeks. I dont take any herbs or nursing tea as I'm not sure of the content due to medical reasons. I usually take about 2-3 litres of fluid (water, soup, etc) since I started breastfeeding the baby. I guessed I've been getting too stressed lately due to work and that has affected the supply. Argghh, hopefully my supply will pick up soon.

allycat

Have you tried taking stuff that is said to boost supply like nursing mother's tea or fenugreek pills?

There was a thread I read before called "power pumping" which helped this mother perk up her supply again. Maybe you'd like to do a search for that?
I've read about power pumping too but I just cant seem to be able to find that thread :wecry:

adelynn

(extracted from another forum)
Power Pumping:

YOu just need to do this for 2 days - after that do 1-2 times a day on day 3 & 5 for maintenance & repeat the 2 days system again maybe before you go back to work.

4-5 times a day power pump

Pump 20 mins
rest 10 mins
Pump 10 mins
rest 10 mins
Pump 10 mins
rest 10 mins
Pump 10 mins
total 60 mins

this gives u 10 mins inbetween to tend to your baby change her or carry her/him. (roughly la - +/- few mins is ok for this system just do it 4-5 times a day.

For single pump users - its abit more tedious but i have come up with a system for you as well

Pump 15.mins (Right)
Pump 15mins (Left)
Pump 7mins (Right)
Pump 7mins (Left)
Pump 7mins (Right)
Pump 7mins (Left)
total 58 mins (approx)