The Fussiest Eater on the Planet!!!

Ting

thank you for these info....

problem is, my son seems to reject anything make from flour, pancake and waffles also tried, he shun away... i ever tried french toast, he also dont like....:err: also tried to toast the bread before, he also dont like. will tried your method, cut into smaller pieces with jam (hope he dont know that is bread)

ever tried the chicken soup with pasta, to me it taste fantastic, but he also reject it. maybe will try those jap type....sigh....maybe he like qty expensive food! :embarrassed:
wah! have expensive tastebud!

maybe he needs birdnest in the morning?? JK! lol.

snowbear

liang jia, how about pancakes??? waffles?
you can make them yourself, very easy! supermarkets sell those ready made, just add water.

or maybe chee cheong fan? chwee kuei? (this is what pin sch provides..)

or maybe can make scramble eggs, with ham/sausages/bacon with some stir fried veggie like chopped mushrooms/spinach (with olive oil)?

bread wise, maybe once in a while can give him toast bread? can cut into cute shapes like stars/squares/circles, add abit of jam and give him eat.
he might enjoy. :)

does he like pasta? how about chicken soup with ABC pasta?
i saw MUJI selling this animal shapes pasta, its abit big but if you cook til soft shld be ok for him since can chew already. and it comes in different colours, but its on the more expensive side though. hehe.

breakfast comes in many different yummy forms too! hope this helps. :)
Ting, which brand of pancakes and waffles do you buy? I always go to that section but no idea which is good...

vonn81

Hello all,

I feel so much better now that I know I'm not the only mother that dreads feeding her toddler! I couldn't help laughing when I read about all the spitting, slapping and tightly shut mouths because my 15+month old son does that too! Feeding him is such a nightmare now compared to when he was under one years old.

My family and I try different things. As far as possible, we put him in his highchair and feed him during our mealtimes so that he kinds of joins in the family meals. During this time, we try to "trick" him into thinking that he is eating our food by presenting his steamed fish/chicken as one of the dishes on the table. And we sometimes use our adult plates, bowls and cutlery to give him his food too, again to make him think that he's eating our food.
When he fusses, we try to "persuade" him with funny faces etc.

We are also slowly introducing him to our food so that we cut down on cooking specially for him. Eg. we stir-fry spinach with less oil and seasoning, make vegetable soup without MSG etc. If he doesn't eat, at least we dont't get so mad about wasted effort in preparing his food. On the days that we are not cooking and eating, we sometimes eat at a place that we can order food suitable for him. Eg. steamed egg or beancurd etc.

Lastly, we try to time his meals such that he's really hungry by then. I think we made a mistake of not giving a variety of food when we started him on solids. It was porridge with fish most of the time. So he looks like he afraid of rice & porridge now!

Somedays, our efforts work and sometimes they dont't. When they dont't, all hell breaks loose! There'll be food all over him, us, the floor and table. He'll be screaming and crying. Anyone listening to the commotion may think we are torturing him and report us to MCYS!

We asked his paediatrician for advice last week when we brought him for his immunisation. His doc said it's behaviour training - if toddler refuses food, take it away and just make sure he has water so he doesn't dehydrate. dont't give in by feeding him his favourite like bread only or milk only. After a couple of days like this, toddler should eat 'cos he's hungry! Well, we are trying something like that. Of course it's tough plus my father-in-law doesn't like to see his precious grandson hungry...sigh...i think he'd rather we give in to him.

So, this is my experience so far. We are still trying all kinds of ways and hopefully this is a phase that will pass! Good luck to everyone!

Hi,

I did intro many variety to my gal, since she started semi-solids...but she is also fussy....so not really true thou....its really like a nightmare to feed her on every meals. Of cos at times she is obedient, and it will be the happiest time of mine when i see her finishing up her food and without much effort.

Oh the method that your PD advise seems quite tempting ya...hmm....should i try that?? * scratch head

Ting

Ting, which brand of pancakes and waffles do you buy? I always go to that section but no idea which is good...
uh, i cant rmb the brand.
lol.
but its yellow box packaging.
cos i always buy this brand, so normally i just grab n go.
for me, i go for convenience.
haha, some still need to add egg n this n tt.
so i picked this one which just need to add water n all good to go.
actually, i nvr buy waffles b4, hehe. :p
im not sure if they hv waffle mix, cos i only rmber seeing frozen waffles in the frozen food section.