The importance of a Personal Accident plan for your little ones.

Hi All,

Have you covered your child with a personal accident plan?

I know some parents do not see the importance of it but here's why.

My friend's 5 year old daughter was just spinning around in her living room on Saturday afternoon and before she knew it, the girl lost her balance and fell. To her shock, her daughter had a 5cm gash on her forehead which was cut quite deep. They rushed her to Mount E hospital and after 8 stitches, the bill came up to $5000. Some may say ,' who ask them to go to Mount E?' but as a parent myself, i would most likely have done the same. All parents do want the best for their children and especialiiy in such situations. The premiums for a personal accident plan are really inexpensive at just $100+ per year.

My daughter at Age 3 has already made two claims but thankfully, it was not a major accident. She has claimed twice for HFMD. The first claim was 2 weeks after she started childcare and the other one was less then 6 months later.

Most of the personal accident plans in the market cover for Dengue fever, food poisoning, HFMD and all sorts of accidents as well. So do get your child covered.

If you need info, and think i can help, can email me at audreyolp@yahoo.com.sg.

Last edited:

gobby23

Yeah I agree that we should get insurance for our kids.. I have a 5 year old daughter and since she was 3 years old, she has been covered under Junior Care, the kids' personal accident plan from dbs. It does make me feel more assured in case something happens.. But my advice is find a policy that you're comfortable with - ie the coverage, premiums and also customer service. It can be quite frustrating if you have to deal with a sick child and jump through red tape.

Hi gobby23,

It's great that your daughter is covered.

When it comes to any insurance policy, it's always a case of better to have then be sorry.A very basic plan is still better then having none at all.

When it comes to selecting the right policy for them, most people let the premiums decide 'the 'plan for them but it's very important to find the financial planner who is able to guide you in making the committment to a policy to our best interest and be able to help you through a hassle free claims process