The mooncake talk

Vone

*drools* See u all talk abt mooncake i start drooling esp i saw so many boxes and cant eat :( Confinement can secretly eat anot?

Agnes Josephine

wahhh.. u all buy the mooncakes all so exp ar!!

i like breadtalk mooncakes..=x cheap!! haha..

breadtalk cheap meh? It's selling like $40+ per box lei... Mil just got one box...

Breadtalk's mooncake box

inside the box

Designs of the mooncakes

Last edited:

Angelmum

My sis bot me 1 box Tung Lok and 1 box Bangawan Solo

Not as sweet as traditional bean paste. At least I can eat half a mooncake w/o toothache ..... when eat too sweet, cold will feel pain (molars needs fixing, sigh!!)

jaymumys

I like Crown Prince's yam mooncake but don't think can get it anymore. Just passedby, it has changed to Park Hotel.
Hi angtan,
You can try this neighbourhood bakery shop at Aljunied.
Their teochew yam mooncake is very similar to Crown Prince one.
Can in par....I call them the other day and they says that they will be having kiosks at several places this year like Raffles Xchange, Tampines Mall, IMM, Hougang Mall, Takashimaya etc....

They have been baking mooncakes for decades.
I love their champagne snowskin mooncakes too!

Their website is: Garden Pastry

priscilla

Hi all

When is mooncake festival this year? We just recently move into our own apartment in Sydney and all my baking equipment will takes another 2 weeks to arrive. I want to make my own mooncakes - baked ones and snowskin ones as the ones sold here are all bakes ones (also preservatives) and ds loves the snowskin ones.

priscilla

Yam mooncake (Teochew style) which is like open up like lotus or rose, there is one very famous one along Havelock road opposite the former glass hotel. This is the only mooncake we buy and the rest we make ourselves, now I am waiting for my stuff and recipes to arrive from shippment.