things to take note after injection

carollai

hi all mummies,

my boy is going to hav his 6in1 ject and rotavirus today, wat things to take note after that?:eek:15:

diymummy

Nothing much to take note except the possibility of fever a few days after the jab. Usually such fevers will not exceed 38.5 degrees C. You can get a bottle of paracetamol such as Calpol to standby in case a fever breaks out. It's better to get it from your doctor and ask him to advise you on the dosage in accordance to your son's age and weight.

carollai

Nothing much to take note except the possibility of fever a few days after the jab. Usually such fevers will not exceed 38.5 degrees C. You can get a bottle of paracetamol such as Calpol to standby in case a fever breaks out. It's better to get it from your doctor and ask him to advise you on the dosage in accordance to your son's age and weight.
thank q diymummy. for the paracetamol, i heard some people say no matter bb got fever not,when he back home,give him first. is it ok? and if fever other than give him med,can i put the cooling pad too?

diymummy

Erm... I only feed paracetamol when my son already has a fever. That med is not a preventer. So far, my son never had any fevers after any jabs and I don't feed him paracetamol before or after the jab.

I'm not sure how old your son is but cooling pads cannot be used on babies that are too young. If your son is too young for a fever cooling pad, sponging is a good alternative.

carollai

Erm... I only feed paracetamol when my son already has a fever. That med is not a preventer. So far, my son never had any fevers after any jabs and I don't feed him paracetamol before or after the jab.

I'm not sure how old your son is but cooling pads cannot be used on babies that are too young. If your son is too young for a fever cooling pad, sponging is a good alternative.

my son now is 2mth 3wks le.. ok, i wil take note, thank you so much.