Thinking of being a SAHM

76esther

i am thinking of being a Stay-At-Home-Mum so that i can devote more time for my 3 young kids.
but i know financially wise will be quite tight...
that would mean no overseas holiday trip, shopping, etc....

anyone got lobang for home-based assignments?

any advice from mummy who had "converted" from FTWM to SAHM?

Best regards
('0,')

Frenchkitty

Hi, me still on ML and my Hubby also asked me to be SAHM.
Though im happy that I can spend time to take care of baby, but I also worry about the finances (actually the housing loans etc Hubby pay... I only worried that I got not enough $$ to go shopping and enjoy luxuries like overseas trips and give my parents allowance)....

So me still in a dilemma.
any mummies who is SAHM and how do you all manage your finances?

Domique

me no give parents $$ no overseas trip, no anyhow shopping, anyhow eat at home. seldom go out other than weekend with hubbs...

like this lor then become yellow face wife.

Hi, me still on ML and my Hubby also asked me to be stay at home mum.
Though im happy that I can spend time to take care of baby, but I also worry about the finances (actually the housing loans etc Hubby pay... I only worried that I got not enough $$ to go shopping and enjoy luxuries like overseas trips and give my parents allowance)....

So me still in a dilemma.
any mummies who is stay at home mum and how do you all manage your finances?

snowbear

I also never give my mum allowance anymore. Actually since i got pregnant she refused to take $ from me. I also hardly go out on my own to spend $. Usually if i go out with baby it's to the market or for walk only. Hubby's paying for everything now and giving me a small allowance. I'd say finances are definitely not as good as before so we cut down on luxuries like eating expensive food, going for overseas trips, buying unnecessary things... It's good to be a stay at home mum though: i have all the time for my darling and anyway i dont tink anyone can take care of her the way that i do. :)

kym

I'm also a stay at home mum since 2 1/2 years ago. Very tight on finance. I'm very used to shop for my girls' clothes, now have to think twice before you spend. Ya, no more extra to give parents and have to cut down overseas trip. Even no more luxury goods like SK II for me. Now, trying DIY mask with natural food to save money!! Also thinking to get a part time job, at least to help up a bit.

And, stay at home for yourself not for the baby. Think in this way will make your new life happier.

i am thinking of being a Stay-At-Home-Mum so that i can devote more time for my 3 young kids.
but i know financially wise will be quite tight...
that would mean no overseas holiday trip, shopping, etc....

anyone got lobang for home-based assignments?

any advice from mummy who had "converted" from full time working mum to stay at home mum?

Best regards
('0,')

mrsmorgan

hey ladies,

ive been thinking about this same prob for quite some time now n i think that if u can afford, it's best to be a SAHM at least until ur child goes to nursery or kindergarten. but if u need allowance for urself then maybe u could get a partime job? =)

Justina

I've been staying at home for a year now because I have 2 kids to take care of. My hubby and I are trading forex to supplement income. NO its not gambling game at all. It takes alot of hard work to study, develop a trading system, backtest, do demo trade before we can trade live. We treat it as a business and of course any business has a chance of success and failure. Really depends on how you run the business. Even if you're an employee, you run into risk of being retrenched. And guessed wat - Forex trading is recession proof and a skill just like any doctor or lawyer that can help you to make money for a lifetime - but commitment in working towards it and trading psychology is very challenging! Trading gives us a flexibility to work at the time we want and i can still be with my children at home...best of both world...

shulyn

I've been staying at home for a year now because I have 2 kids to take care of. My hubby and I are trading forex to supplement income. NO its not gambling game at all. It takes alot of hard work to study, develop a trading system, backtest, do demo trade before we can trade live. We treat it as a business and of course any business has a chance of success and failure. Really depends on how you run the business. Even if you're an employee, you run into risk of being retrenched. And guessed what - Forex trading is recession proof and a skill just like any doctor or lawyer that can help you to make money for a lifetime - but commitment in working towards it and trading psychology is very challenging! Trading gives us a flexibility to work at the time we want and i can still be with my children at home...best of both world...
Hi Justina,

So easy? I heard from my sil saying her friend also play forex and earn lots of $ and now they just upgrade from condo to landed. Haiz, my hubby is doing his own business so day time he also concentrate alot on stocks. There is lost and win and its also hard to predict. But so far he break even, wonder when can earn big bulks??? I ever told him i wanna stay home and spend more time with my baby and you know, he ever told me abt this before, ask me to stay and home and focus the stocks market on the computer.

uddermummy

i'm temporarily a sahm, but will be going back to work next year. :(

glad to know that i'm not the only one who has to cut down on trips, shopping and outings.

yeah, gone are the days when i don't even bat an eyelid before buying a spa package...

the prob is i still v hongsim leh. After a whole week of staying at home, i have to go out or i will die. sometimes i also get v restless during the weekdays.

how you deal with this?

serenelm

same here lor... i'm oso the type who needs to go out to "breathe fresh air" (aka shopping)... heheheh... maybe twize a week, go neighbourhood shopping ctr on weekdays for dinner lor... at least can get out of ur house for a few hrs... better than nothing :p

apollo

i'm a sahm too... haven been wking even b4 preg... cos aft i finish 'enjoying' and wanted to find a job, i was preg haha..

hmm seldom eat in restaurants, seldom buy clothes (unless on sales then will grab some), we still give my mum allowances cos we're staying with her...

newmum09

hi, im new to this forum and have just become a stay at home mum to a 2 month old baby. I am also the type that needs to get out of the house once in a while. I have been stuck at hm for almost 2 mths cos baby is not adjusted to the external environment yet. He gets really cranky when we bring him out. What do you guys usually do at hm? I spend most of my time caring for baby and doing household chores. Financially, sometimes I do worry about have only 1 income in the family and I dont feel comfortable splurging on hubby's income so I watch what i spend nowadays. I think its better when you spend what you earn.

uddermummy

hi, im new to this forum and have just become a stay at home mum to a 2 month old baby. I am also the type that needs to get out of the house once in a while. I have been stuck at hm for almost 2 mths cos baby is not adjusted to the external environment yet. He gets really cranky when we bring him out. What do you guys usually do at hm? I spend most of my time caring for baby and doing household chores. Financially, sometimes I do worry about have only 1 income in the family and I dont feel comfortable splurging on hubby's income so I watch what i spend nowadays. I think its better when you spend what you earn.
i talk to dd, play with her for a while, then try to get her to entertain herself on her play mat and play gym.

Must keep chaning her to diff locations or she will get bored.

Have you tried using a sling or carrier to take your son out? My dd prefers being carried to being put in a pram.

newmum09

i talk to dear daughter, play with her for a while, then try to get her to entertain herself on her play mat and play gym.

Must keep chaning her to diff locations or she will get bored.

Have you tried using a sling or carrier to take your son out? My dear daughter prefers being carried to being put in a pram.
My baby is more awake in the day now so i play with him but after a while he gets bored and I have to think of how else to entertain him. He also feeds frequently so most of the time i am either feeding him or trying very hard to put him to sleep. Can't play with him for long cos after a while he gets cranky. perhaps I shld get my play mat out again. Kept it cos he didnt want to be on it previously.

Yes I have been trying to bring my son out in a sling cos he hates to be in the stroller. I brought him to my friend's place. He would look around cos its a new environment but after a while he would want to suckle for comfort (I breastfeed) cos its unfamiliar and he will get cranky. Max time he can be out is 2 hrs I think. How old is your daughter?