thirsty

joanneang

hi,

do mummies get more thirsty in 3 trimester? my mouth is so dry n i keep drinking water, i scared i will have water retention,how do we knw whether we have water retention? is it good to drink plenty of water in 3 trimester?? is it advice not to eat too much heaty fried stuffs in 3 trimester?

tks mummies for your reply....

vinder79

yup was very thirsty 2 so i drank a lot if u are scared of water retention after 10 pm drink water in sips nnot gulps.Just enough to moist the mouth.For symtoms of water retention u need to have swollen feet and ankles.Inform your gyne cause 2 much retention is not gd.And yes if possible dont eat 2 much fried and heaty foods or if u do drink some tea or water after that.I had cravings for ckn wings during pregnancy so instead of frying i grilled it.

blackpiggy

actually drinking alot of water does NOT cause water retention, in fact it minimize swelling. The reason is that if we don't have enough water for our body functions, our body will auto retain our body fluids to 'save for rainy days'. So drinking less water than u need (not drinking when u r thirsty) actually will give u water retention. Of course don't drink too much at night so that you will not keep running to the toilet in between sleep.
Another way to minimize water retention is to eat foods low in sodium and high in potassium.

You will know you have water retention when your feet starts looking puffy and feels tight and swollen. The 1st place to retain water is usually there.

I having water retention, so did alot of reading and asking around on this :)

Agreed with blackpiggy mama. Drink more water. U need to ensure that ur water bag has water. If u have swollen feet, just raised them above waist level. I usually sleep with my legs raised if I have swollen feet. The next day the swell will go down. :)

Renzie

I agree, its ok to drink more water. My hands and legs started swelling only at the end of the day, when I get tired after walking around. Put your legs up often, and try to sleep with a pillow under your feet. It'll help

ast0212

I feel very thirsty these days too! Especially with the temperature soaring around 40 degrees these past few days. It is important to keep yourself well hydrated, so drink up :001_302:

smilem

i'm oli 18 weeks.

i also very thirsty.. 1 nite i can finished 1 litre of water.. 1 days easily 2-3 litre.. but i still feel thirsty..

i didnt take in deep fry food.. still i feel the thirst. i even eat pear / honeydew / rock melon .. to ease the thirst.. why?

Mreow Mreow

i'm oli 18 weeks.

i also very thirsty.. 1 nite i can finished 1 litre of water.. 1 days easily 2-3 litre.. but i still feel thirsty..

i didnt take in deep fry food.. still i feel the thirst. i even eat pear / honeydew / rock melon .. to ease the thirst.. why?

Water is very essential and needed for alotttt of metabolic functions in the body..

Moreover, now you are pregnant..
Pregnant ladies' metabolism rate increases by 20%, hence water intake should increase too!!

I felt very thirsty during my 1st trimester as well.. :)
Now am in my 3rd and I do feel it occasionally too..

I try to drink about 2L or more every day... :)
Love Ice water!!
HAHA

Mreow Mreow

Yep.
No problem.
Juz keep drinking.

Good that Ure craving water instead of others!!!! :)

I had urges to drink
Barley, Chrysanthemum & bubble green tea during my 2nd trimester!!! :D

MamaDT

Smilem: same here! At least 1.5l from sleeping till wake up next day! I have not included day time water volume! Lol
And I go pee very frequent coz I drink a lot at night and this somehow distracted my sleep lol... But no choice... Just thirstyyyyyyy haha

lovepixie

I dunno why I crave lemon or lime juice and also ribena. Must be cold wan. I can gulp down very fast. Scared my hubby too

MamaDT

Lol oooh Lovepixie.... I also crave for at least one cold drink a day nowadays.... Which is either fruit juice, iced milo or iced milk tea... But I will ask for less ice in coffee shops... Fruit juice I will take a few sips from those packaging one :p
Pre-pregnancy, I don't drink cold drinks one... Not even one glass hahah

lovepixie

Hi MamaDT

I seldom drink cold drinks too pre-pregnancy cos I easily develop phlegm if I do. Nowadays cannot bear with the heat n thirst. I now put cucumber slices into water n put in fridge to cool the water. Taste so delicious but I know confinement later cannot take cucumber liao. :(

smilem

me too would wish to drink those.. but can we drink barley & bubble green tea
?

Yep.
No problem.
Juz keep drinking.

Good that Ure craving water instead of others!!!! :)

I had urges to drink
Barley, Chrysanthemum & bubble green tea during my 2nd trimester!!! :D

smilem

i changed my drinking style too.. in past oli my hubby drink ribena.. now i see him drink, i also wan to drink (in cold)... then is chrys. tea.. aiyo.. i keep drinking cold water :(

Mreow Mreow

I for one,
ONLY drink cold stuff before pregnancy.

Hardly a time I Rmb taking hot drinks.
Even when unwell. :p

Now I'm on my 33week, still taking cold drinks all the way since I found out I'm preggy.... :)

So far everything is going well for me & I don't really have the usual Pregnancy problems!

Haha, every Tues I celebrate by buying bubble tea.
Cuz every Tues I turn a New week in pregnancy!! :) :)

Mreow Mreow

MamaDT, what kinda Ice milk tea u drink?

Teh ping is it?
Or bubble milk tea?

During pregnancy I only cut out 1 drink...

I cut out my My old time Favourite,
Used-to-have-everyday
Teh ping. :(
Wish to have it soon... Haha.

RinaBasit

Dear Mummies,

I love cold drinks too especially cold icy plain water. I heard that drinking cold water will make the baby that will be born to have Jaundice. Is this true?.

I'm so scared as now I got thirsty often and I can't stop taking the cold drinks. :err: