Thomson gives diaper bag?

Prune

Alpha Male
Hi, can ask mummies whether TMC gives diaper bag when discharge? Want to buy, but heard gleneagle got give.

apollo

Yes TMC gives diaper bag, nappy cream, hand sanitiser, diapers (the leftover pack which ur baby used during the stay), etc etc. =)

apollo

nope they dont. but i did heard b4 tt u can request for some instant FM to bring bk. i dont know whether can cos I didnt request b4. as for those some tin FM, u can request it from ur pd's clinic. =)

Edwinie

The hand sanitizer, leftover diaper, wet wipes are not free. i checked them in the bill. the hand sanitizer cost about $15.

I think only the small samples are free like kodomo set of washing powder, softerne, johnson n johnson shampoo, lotion etc plus a lot of informative brochures and pamphlets.

You can request for fm. They come in small glass bottles. TMC has a formula of the month. so which month you gave birth, they will feed your baby which formula, unless u request for specific ones. they have nan, similac, etc etc. i got about 6 bottles of naan to take home. do request!

clearjade

Just take note that if you indicate you are on total breastfeeding, Thomson won't give you formula samples. The lactation consultant suggested that I request from the nurse as I was worried my milk supply would take too long to come in and my boy was already so hungry all the time but when I asked the nurse said formula samples are only for those babies that are on formula.

Edwinie

Just take note that if you indicate you are on total breastfeeding, Thomson won't give you formula samples. The lactation consultant suggested that I request from the nurse as I was worried my milk supply would take too long to come in and my boy was already so hungry all the time but when I asked the nurse said formula samples are only for those babies that are on formula.
i indicated total breastfeeding too.. i didn't have enough supply and i was struggling. the nurses knew about it and gave me some samples when i requested. no questions asked. u need to specially request for it.

bells

The hand sanitizer, leftover diaper, wet wipes are not free. i checked them in the bill. the hand sanitizer cost about $15.

I think only the small samples are free like kodomo set of washing powder, softerne, johnson n johnson shampoo, lotion etc plus a lot of informative brochures and pamphlets.

You can request for fm. They come in small glass bottles. Thomson Medical Center has a formula of the month. so which month you gave birth, they will feed your baby which formula, unless you request for specific ones. they have nan, similac, etc etc. i got about 6 bottles of naan to take home. do request!
Is it possible for us to reject the stuff like hand sanitizer then? I mean, we dont need it and isn't it a little too much to charge us $15 for that?!

Edwinie

Is it possible for us to reject the stuff like hand sanitizer then? I mean, we dont need it and isn't it a little too much to charge us $15 for that?!
i don't think so. it comes as a standard package i think. the nurses will use the hand sanitizer before they touch your baby. so u r bringing home the leftover. which is a lot. i think they use like 10%. the bottle is quite big.

apollo

the sanitiser is BIG bottle one, not those small bottle type. compared with dettol brand, i think the J&J big bottle one is consider cheap alrdy. =)

bells

i dont't think so. it comes as a standard package i think. the nurses will use the hand sanitizer before they touch your baby. so you r bringing home the leftover. which is a lot. i think they use like 10%. the bottle is quite big.
Oh ok, cox my mum is in the medical line and we get those all the time, i have no use for it! I saw that the baby package items by TMC charges us about $400 man! how come so much?!

clearjade

i indicated total breastfeeding too.. i didn't have enough supply and i was struggling. the nurses knew about it and gave me some samples when i requested. no questions asked. u need to specially request for it.
That's odd because I was also having a tough start with supply and my boy was constantly hungry which is why I requested for the formula samples before going home and the nurse said they don't give to mothers who are on total bf. In the end, the nurse taught us how to cup feed him glucose water instead.

I guess the lesson here is that if one nurse rejects your request, ask a different nurse next time!

camom

Yes you can.. but you go on ala carte pricing then, no more package price.

redjn

All I know most of the hospital give a bag when u discharge not necessary a diaper bag.

hueychye79

Yes, Thomson give the diaper bag with leftover item of your baby and new sets of cloths and receiving blanket when discharge.

Actually I request the nurse to change the cloths and receiving blanket which I bring to hospital.

But the hospital still give to me.

So, I think is in the package...