Thomson Medical or Parkway East Shore ??

elephant81

Hi All,

Am new here..can all the mummies and mum to be help to enlighten me whether which hospital as stated on the title is better in term of service, price and also the environment? Kinda confused about choosing the hospital.As i need to consider the budget as well as the gynae and facilities.Currently is consulting a gynae from East Shore but some of my friends recommended me to Thomson.Can all the dear mummies enlighten?

ks76mummy

Hi elephant81,

That's a tough question haha But for me, I chose the gynae that I wanted first, rather than the hospital and since she only delivers at Thomson, I chose Thomson. I guess the facilities for both hospitals should be on par as both are private hospitals. But Thomson is very crowded! And if you drive, the parking at Thomson is really a nightmare. My hubby always give a black face whenever he has to pass the car keys over to the valet people. Not too sure about East Shore though.

Why don't you sign up for the free hospital tours at both places and see which one you are more comfortable with? They will show you the delivery suites and the wards etc. Might have a better idea after that.

Hope this helps! Good luck in your search...

shanney

hi elephant81,

may i know which gynae you seeing at PEH?

I'm currently at PEH too. EDD in nov2012. i chose PEH rather than thomson coz thomson is super crowded.. and with this dragon year, i predict it will be even more crowded. whereas for PEH, it seems quieter. My friend who delivered her 1st kid at mount A 2 years ago and her 2nd kid at PEH early this year, preferred PEH as well..

elephant81

Hi elephant81,

That's a tough question haha But for me, I chose the gynae that I wanted first, rather than the hospital and since she only delivers at Thomson, I chose Thomson. I guess the facilities for both hospitals should be on par as both are private hospitals. But Thomson is very crowded! And if you drive, the parking at Thomson is really a nightmare. My hubby always give a black face whenever he has to pass the car keys over to the valet people. Not too sure about East Shore though.

Why don't you sign up for the free hospital tours at both places and see which one you are more comfortable with? They will show you the delivery suites and the wards etc. Might have a better idea after that.

Hope this helps! Good luck in your search...

Hi KS76mummy,

Thanks for advice.i think we will book the hospital as what u had suggested earlier.

elephant81

hi elephant81,

may i know which gynae you seeing at PEH?

I'm currently at PEH too. EDD in nov2012. i chose PEH rather than thomson coz thomson is super crowded.. and with this dragon year, i predict it will be even more crowded. whereas for PEH, it seems quieter. My friend who delivered her 1st kid at mount A 2 years ago and her 2nd kid at PEH early this year, preferred PEH as well..

Hi Shanney,

Currently seeing Heng Tuan Lan.The doctor is nice.Is just that dont know what is the delivery charges.How many times had u visited the gynae?My EDD delivery date is nov too.Do you know what is the prenatal check up package price?

shanney

Hi Shanney,

Currently seeing lucky Tuan Lan.The doctor is nice.Is just that dont know what is the delivery charges.How many times had you visited the gynae?My EDD delivery date is nov too.Do you know what is the prenatal check up package price?
I visited gynae twice. Am in my 7th week now but I'm not with dr h*eng coz I think shes rather crowded. Am with dr lubna.

I think dr h*eng package is $700 but I dunno it starts from which week..

elephant81

Yah that's what i have heard from other mummies too. Her pkg is ard $700-$800+ i guess. Yup, remember the first time i see her,her appts are all fully booked and i went to see her without any appointment. Lucky enuf to haf wait for her an hr then i get to see her due to my continuous adominal cramp..luckily it was normal..

Am in my 7weeks+ too, EDD also in Nov 12 hehe..samesame.. hope the 1st trimester will be over soon 1 more month to go..:D

rditp

I visited gynae twice. Am in my 7th week now but I'm not with dr h*eng coz I think shes rather crowded. Am with dr lubna.

I think dr h*eng package is $700 but I dunno it starts from which week..
hi Shanney, i've tried looking for reviews on Dr Lubna. how is she like and what are her charges? Million thanks!

shanney

she seems ok.. not too bad i find.. but i dont have much reviews as well.. so cant comment on her stitching or whatsoever.

her charges are $100 for first consultation and $100 for first scan.. subsequent consultation and scan will b $50 each.. her clinic is not so crowded as well (plus point for me coz i dont really like to wait)..

need more info can pm me also =)