those parents who leave their babies in parents house:

Carisella

I was such a child..
My parents would leave me at the nanny's place and bring me home at night or would sometimes forget and my aunt would pick me up and bring me to her place..

But my relationship with my parents didn't change.

I believe it depends on how the parents teach their children and the trust between each other.

Anyways, am thinking to put my firstborn in infant care but now am a little afraid that the hassle of travelling to and fro for one so young would be a neagtive impact on their health.

Advise anyone?

ebi

I was such a child..
My parents would leave me at the nanny's place and bring me home at night or would sometimes forget and my aunt would pick me up and bring me to her place..

But my relationship with my parents didn't change.

I believe it depends on how the parents teach their children and the trust between each other.

Anyways, am thinking to put my firstborn in infant care but now am a little afraid that the hassle of travelling to and fro for one so young would be a neagtive impact on their health.

Advise anyone?
We put our baby to infant care since she was abt 3.5-4mths, i don't think the travel to and fro would cause nagative impact on their health, just that prepare to take urgent leave as she might fall sick easily.

koalarie

Hi,
We are all of different individuals just like each babies whom will only be suitable of a type of FM etc etc etc, each household has their own way to remedy each situation they face and deep down no one can really point to say that the parent is not responsible or are responsible....... there are alot of factors to the result of the plans for leaving our child with in laws or not leaving with in laws/parents.

Some of my girl friends that has kids give up to look after their own child due to the in laws extreme possesion and in-supportive partner... there must be 1 party to give in, in any situation......

Penny of my tots. & sorry again for such a long posting.

I do agree that some parents are pretty irresponsible by dumping their kids at others pple place but lets not stereotype parents because everyone has their preference of raising their kids.

If possible everyone want to spend every single minutes with their child but in life we need to strike a balance btwn reality and expectation. I also believe in quality bonding time.
Very very true.

I am in the same shoes are you, Ashbaby.

I do not think that placing a child overnight at parents/pil house is an act of irresponsibility so long we the parents visit frequently.

For me, it is because my pils could not help and so have to rely on my parents who stay in the west while we are in northeastern part of sgp. Like some mommies, I do feel bad too but my mom made her valid points too. It is better for my child to have proper rest rather than travelling back and fro around sgp every weekdays, not forgetting there is traffic jam on some weekday nights or mornings or cold weathers or too late for child to go home not good etc....

Honestly, so long we parents make effort to bond with the child during they are awake, they will still stay close to you. The only time is when they are sick, they would prefer the one that takes care of them more frequently. This was pretty heartpain to me, but no choice.

Whatever the reason, so long we parents are conscious of our own decisions and be responsible to our children's upbringing. I too have seen some mommy friends who simply can't let go their "P" time. Anyway, strike a balance in yours and your child's life. Somebody I worked with shared saying, you cannot rewind how fast the child has grown, be with him/her at every moment where possible and be answerable to your action.

Last edited: