Tightness @ tummy , breathless sometimes, normal?

pkshl

lately i felt tightness at tummy area, iszit tummy stretching? sometimes will feel breathless too, normal?

luvjoanne

tightness could be braxton hicks.. and breathless because baby is high up, obstructing the diaphragm, so its normal.
esp since u are in 3rd trimester, both are very normal..

mommymaj

I normally have low blood pressure, and it gets even lower when pregnant. Very breathless now in 3rd trimester. How are you dealing with sleeping positions and sitting positions?

maneo0302

I will try to sleep at my left, on my back, then on the right. Seem to have diffficulty falling asleep. Breathess after eating or drinking too. Tummy also feel tight. I'm only 25th weeks!

izanyzam

Sleeping nowadays is sometimes stressful coz i just cant find a comfortable position..Always feeling breathless..Raised up my head pillow does help a bit and hugging another pillow between my arms wen i sleep on my side does help too..!!

maneo0302

Sleeping nowadays is sometimes stressful coz i just cant find a comfortable position..Always feeling breathless..Raised up my head pillow does help a bit and hugging another pillow between my arms wen i sleep on my side does help too..!!
I usually try not to sleep on a head pillow as i believe that it will reduce neck lines. :) Lesser pillows for me means lesser cloth to wash when i change the mattress. :)

mommymaj

Hi mummies,

I just got a scan today and found that baby's position is also affecting the breathlessness. Sleeping on my right side before was best because her head was there. Stopped working 2 weeks ago but turns out she's moved down and slightly to the left so left side is now the new sleeping side.

31 weeks and feels like there's no more space to grow! Baby still needs to double in size before delivery!:eek:

maneo0302

Hi mummies,

I just got a scan today and found that baby's position is also affecting the breathlessness. Sleeping on my right side before was best because her head was there. Stopped working 2 weeks ago but turns out she's moved down and slightly to the left so left side is now the new sleeping side.

31 weeks and feels like there's no more space to grow! Baby still needs to double in size before delivery!:eek:
Wow! 31 weeks already. Congrats! I will go to a scan this Sat, to see where the bb's head is.

Make a pregnancy ticker

izanyzam

I used to feel more comfortable wen i slept on my left side..But for the past week,wenever i lie down on my left side,my baby will start to punch and kick so much...!!! Only wen i shifted to my right side will he stop punching..Then i can get some sleep..!!! Looking forward to my 32nd week scan on this 16th..!!! :001_302:

pkshl

for me, sleeping on my right side has always been more comfortable but lately my gal always punch on my right side, making me feel so uncomfy. last night she move & punched so much i was so uncomfy i only slept at 3.30am. i even thought my waterbag was going to burst due to her violent movements! when i woke up i felt my fingers & right feet abit swollen.

maneo0302

for me, sleeping on my right side has always been more comfortable but lately my gal always punch on my right side, making me feel so uncomfy. last night she move & punched so much i was so uncomfy i only slept at 3.30am. i even thought my waterbag was going to burst due to her violent movements! when i woke up i felt my fingers & right feet abit swollen.
Wow...that's violent! im not a light sleeper. so no matter how my baby moves, i will continue to sleep. :)

Make a pregnancy ticker

izanyzam

Yup baby will make it VERY clear to us if he/she doesnt like us sleeping in a particular position..My baby wont stop punching and kicking till i change position..Sometimes i can feel like my whole tummy "vibrating" once he starts kicking..!!

And i try not to lie flat on my back coz it leaves me breathless and my back will start to hurt..Also read somewhere that lying flat on yr back during yr 3rd trimester will restrict blood flow to the baby..

Ive also been experiencing a lot of tightness around my tummy and my back will ache..Altho tis is my 2nd pregancy,im still not sure if that's what you call Braxton Hicks Contractions..!! Any mummies can enlighten me? :embarrassed:

maneo0302

Yup baby will make it VERY clear to us if he/she doesnt like us sleeping in a particular position..My baby wont stop punching and kicking till i change position..Sometimes i can feel like my whole tummy "vibrating" once he starts kicking..!!

And i try not to lie flat on my back coz it leaves me breathless and my back will start to hurt..Also read somewhere that lying flat on yr back during yr 3rd trimester will restrict blood flow to the baby..

Ive also been experiencing a lot of tightness around my tummy and my back will ache..Altho tis is my 2nd pregancy,im still not sure if that's what you call Braxton Hicks Contractions..!! Any mummies can enlighten me? :embarrassed:

Sometimes I feel my tummy vibrating too, but only for one or two second.
My tummy is getting harder and tighter.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Hi Mummies,

I'm facing the same problem!!!I'm at my 34 weeks n my bb keep kicking n stretching all the time.I can't sleep well n oso get tired and breathless recently.