Time taken for your stiched up wound to heal

iwan2noe

Hi mummies,

How long does your wound take to heal? Is it 2 weeks, or?

Mine took around 12 or more days as i feel that there is still 1 area not completely healed yet..

shiyi

its been 10days mine still not totally healed yet..
feeling so uncomfortable with the wound n the discharge n the weather..haiz

iwan2noe

its been 10days mine still not totally healed yet..
feeling so uncomfortable with the wound n the discharge n the weather..sigh
It will heal soon shiyi.. Make sure u clean ur wound with the soln(shd be procanol) ur doc gave while u were still in hospital each time u pee or poo.. It clean ur wound n also haf antiseptic effect. Keeping it clean helps ur sound to heal faster

shiyi

It will heal soon shiyi.. Make sure you clean your wound with the soln(should be procanol) your doc gave while you were still in hospital each time you pee or poo.. It clean your wound n also have antiseptic effect. Keeping it clean helps your sound to heal faster
:embarrassed:i wasnt prescribed with any procanol but i run the wound with warm water everyday n kept it dry..

jasobias

dont worry abt it by 2 weeks it will be more or less healed.If got extra solution to wash n all keep on using till finish.Dr will check at 2 weeks right?

Ivy Miao

eh my next appt is on mar which is 6 wks since delivery

Oh.. Yours is 6weeks? You can asked to go earlier. My check up was 1 week after delivery. You can get the lotion from Guardian. With that lotion is better. Go to those bigger Guardian outlet. Not all Guardian sells that lotion. It helps to relieve pain and faster healing process. Mine is almost healing. Doc said left just the knot which took longer time to heal.

Raina

I dun feel much pain, just once in a while. But I still am cautious when pooing, dun wan to affect the stitches.

I was asked to see gynae 2 weeks after delivery. Im going on thursday.

shiyi

Oh.. Yours is 6weeks? You can asked to go earlier. My check up was 1 week after delivery. You can get the lotion from Guardian. With that lotion is better. Go to those bigger Guardian outlet. Not all Guardian sells that lotion. It helps to relieve pain and faster healing process. Mine is almost healing. Doc said left just the knot which took longer time to heal.
izit cos via natural delivery thats y my appt was pushed so far?
ok la the pain is very mild only hehe

iwan2noe

izit cos via natural delivery thats why my appt was pushed so far?
ok the pain is very mild only hehe
No la, dun think so. Mine was natural delivery w/o epi and was 8 days after my delviery that i went back wor...

izit cos via natural delivery thats why my appt was pushed so far?
ok the pain is very mild only hehe
don't worry, as long as your wound not inflamed or painful after 1-2weeks it's ok to see the gynae later.
my post-delivery check up also 6weeks later, i find it better cos by 6weeks i have no more discharge, so when doctor check not so uncomfortable.

iwan2noe

dont't worry, as long as your wound not inflamed or painful after 1-2weeks it's ok to see the gynae later.
my post-delivery check up also 6weeks later, i find it better cos by 6weeks i have no more discharge, so when doctor check not so uncomfortable.

oh, that's v thoughtful of the gynae.. somemore is after ur confinemt:)

shiyi

dont't worry, as long as your wound not inflamed or painful after 1-2weeks it's ok to see the gynae later.
haha i also dun wanna go back so soon...lehcheh n have to pay $~

iwan2noe

haha i also dont wanna go back so soon...lehcheh n have to pay $~
Mine is included in my antenatal package wor.. urs not included or is it bcoz u nv take anternatal package fr ur gyane and y pay by per visit?

6 wks after the checkup after 1 wk of my labour, i need to go back to do pap smear...and this i have to pay..according to the nurse it cost ard $30+ i think...

Last edited:

Ivy Miao

Mine is included in my antenatal package .. urs not included or is it bcoz you never take anternatal package fr your gyane and y pay by per visit?

6 wks after the checkup after 1 wk of my labour, i need to go back to do pap smear...and this i have to pay..according to the nurse it cost around $30+ i think...
My check for stitches didnt charge too. But will have to go back and do pap smear too after 1mth...

shiyi

Mine is included in my antenatal package .. urs not included or is it bcoz you never take anternatal package fr your gyane and y pay by per visit?

6 wks after the checkup after 1 wk of my labour, i need to go back to do pap smear...and this i have to pay..according to the nurse it cost around $30+ i think...
din take up the package.. only took the FAST scheme