Tip for Home Decorating Ideas

SunShine07

It may seem rather intimidating to think about decorating your own home. Lots of people just live with things the way they find are. Others get the help of professionals, since they have no clue what they like or what approach to take!

Your home is your personal space. If you need help ask for suggestions, browse through interior design journals or online for inspiration! However, when the time comes to make decisions, they should be yours and your family’s. It’s your home and you should feel comfortable with the choices as you are the one who has to live with the choices!

Take a focal point in your room or the natural pathways. An example of this could be an ornate fire place, architectural features or placement of windows. Make this your starting point and start to design from one of these,

Choose your fabric, flooring and upholstery first, not the paint that you will use on the walls. You can always have paint mixed in any colour to compliment or match your soft furnishings when the time comes.

Don’t try to make things match, this is rarely effective! It is far better to have different textures, patterns such as floral and stripes which will add interest and style to the room.

Try not too make the room look too fussy by covering every surface with your treasures! Select the loves you love the most give them space to be viewed and enjoyed!

Determine which style of window treatments would be most practical and fit in with your design theme. The most common window treatments are blinds such as vertical blinds, or Venetian or traditional styled curtains used on their own or in combination with a blind. Choose the window dressing carefully as they do far more then just dress a window, they give you privacy, light, and insulation. As such they should always be an integral part of the design scheme not left as an after thought!

If you have thread bare carpets you have some great choices! Probably the most cost effective is to buy cheap rugs and cover the ‘bald’ bits! However, this is only a short term measure. Either replace the carpet or opt for the latest design trends and have stripped floor boards if you have wooden floors. The most cost effective way would be to strip the boards yourself, but this can be very time consuming, particularly if the boards are not in very good order or have layers of varnish to remove, in which case it may be advisable to obtain professional advice.

If you live in a modern style home which has concrete floors wood effect laminate floor is worth considering. The cheap rugs you brought can still be used on either of these floor surfaces as they will still coordinate with your soft furnishings.

Ascot Cushion

If your furniture is mismatched or maybe you have inherited it, try to find a way of tying it all in with your room. By adding throws or cushions in coordinating fabric or painting the wood on some pieces of furniture, can achieve the desired effect you want.

edy

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ling Jia,

Thank you for sharing the tips :)

I am currently hunting for a place ... i am sure your advice will comes in handy!

Edy

Ailian

Seek advise from a good feng shui master before doing the renovation work. He will advise you on the color scheme, decoration, direction and many fengshui home design and so on... It cost me $488 for my 4 room HDB and $200 for the feng shui items. So far, everything go well for me.

Steve Drew

Hello Friends,

Every house should be a warm haven, a place where we throw off the cares of the world and relax with family and friends. From the kitchen where we launch our busy days to the bedrooms where we close our eyes at night and dream, we want each space to reflect our personal tastes and sensibilities. But we desire that our rooms be comfortable and practical. Pulling all the components together is a tall order, and yet it's also wonderfully rewarding. Use the home decorating tips we've provided here as inspiration, and create the kinds of rooms your loved ones will want to hurry home to enjoy.
Formulate a Decorating Plan: Before you get to work tearing down walls or throwing the paint up on the walls, there are a few steps to take first. Take the time to formulate a decorating plan; it'll save you time and money.

Best Regards
Steve Drew

Potpourri Wholesale

WilliamHayden

Hello Members,

A new kitchen is one of the most rewarding gifts you can give yourself and your family. The heart of your home, your kitchen is where late-night talks, homework sessions, and casual celebrations happen naturally. It's where memories are made.

Thanks and Regards,
William Hayden

It is everybody's dream to have a beautiful house. I would like to get some home decorating tips. What I think is, the most important thing is to keep your home clean. This is the first thing to start with. We can take advice of interior designers also.

adlen

Really great and appreciating tips. It is very helpful for all of us,I would like to say thanks to you for sharing these great tips. According to me, Paper your walls and lighting up your rooms gives outstanding look and being green is easy and pretty like green furniture and colors in the room.

home builders Brisbane

Last edited:

bannisterlauren

There are so many ideas and tips available with the help of which you can give a new look to the house. When I was renovating my house I just changed everything and give stylish, modular look which is appreciated by many people.

jamesjackson

Top 9 tips for home decorating

1.Display a Great Collection on a Dining Room Table
2.Hang an Interior Curtain
3.Mix and Match Your Bedding
4.Put an Antique in the Bathroom
5.Paint an Inexpensive Piece of Furniture White
6.Cover a Wall with Plates
7.Wallpaper Your Vinyl Window Shades
8.Dress Up Hallways with Turkish Runners
9.Move Seating Away From the Walls

ladydumbluck

eAlso, choose a color palette that will fit every room. Start here. It's a lot easier to design when you have a defined color palette.

ShubhiShyla

Top 9 tips for home decorating

1.Display a Great Collection on a Dining Room Table
2.Hang an Interior Curtain
3.Mix and Match Your Bedding
4.Put an Antique in the Bathroom
5.Paint an Inexpensive Piece of Furniture White
6.Cover a Wall with Plates
7.Wallpaper Your Vinyl Window Shades
8.Dress Up Hallways with Turkish Runners
9.Move Seating Away From the Walls
Hey nice ideas for infusing some new look to home. I have a small house and found some useful tips to decorate small space on this website Small Space Decor Ideas

Hello
I want to get your thoughts and ideason how you approach decorating our home.

We just moved into our new home and have a good amount more room space. Thismeans we have two entire rooms (formal living room and guest room) that havezero furniture.

I know approximately what I want but the thought of deciding right NOW what thewhole room will look like

a.) with drapes and furniture and rugs and lamps and shit is really daunting
b.) it’s freaking expensive and I can't drop a few thousand dollars oneverything right now.

What if I buy stuff a chair at a time and then decide I want to go with adifferent look a year from now? Oh and I am not a fan of most IKEA stuff. LOL

Last edited: