TMC & Mt. A charges after 1st Jan 2010

mrsmorgan

hi hope mummies who just delivered can help me n other mtb on this.. im now worried about e hospital bill cuz mt a raised their charges frm 1st jan n i found out frm 1 mummy who gave birth in feb, normal w/ epi, 2-bedded, total bill $4163, forked out cash $2k! last time mummies only forked out few hundred or just their deposit was enough to cover e cash portion! sigh.. not sure if TMC's charges also around there cuz if cheaper i might consider TMC instead..

IreneNg

From what i understand, this is not true, i looking at the rates on their brochure and it states with effect from Jan 2010, the prices are $1633 for normal delivery in a 2 bedder, with epi , you sure it is 4k now?

mrsmorgan

From what i understand, this is not true, i looking at the rates on their brochure and it states with effect from Jan 2010, the prices are $1633 for normal delivery in a 2 bedder, with epi , you sure it is 4k now?
e pkg price is just a guideline.. there are bound to be additional costs.. e.g: if baby has jaundice etc.. n bear in mind that gynae's fee is not included.. that's why i'd like to hear frm other mummies who just delivered this yr to see roughly hw much cash to fork out..

sarah jason

'A' class single bed w/C-sect + epi (3days stay) came to about $10k. All in... after medisave i cought up about $2k...

But rest assured...service was tip top and my stay was as pleasant as anything. my suite was like a hotel room with mac reservoir view. Hubby had a gd sleep staying over also. Meals not too bad... all nurses try to respond to ur calls within 5 mins.

other bed classes is def cheaper... try calling them to check

mrsmorgan

'A' class single bed w/C-sect + epi (3days stay) came to about $10k. All in... after medisave i cought up about $2k...

But rest assured...service was tip top and my stay was as pleasant as anything. my suite was like a hotel room with mac reservoir view. Hubby had a good sleep staying over also. Meals not too bad... all nurses try to respond to your calls within 5 mins.

other bed classes is def cheaper... try calling them to check
im guessing since u mentioned mac reservoir view, u stayed at mt a?

isabellesng

hi ya i gv birth on may 2009 is already $4k+ not start on jan 2010

$2k cash & $2k cpf

this yr i also use bk again TMC but the service is gd.

gov pay us high sure will take bk nothing is we can earn more.

i due on may 2010 also

estherpok

hi,i am also due on coming may, giving birth in thomson. may i know how much cash do i need to prepare? as this is my first time.. =/

temari

hi hope mummies who just delivered can help me n other mtb on this.. im now worried about e hospital bill cuz mt a raised their charges frm 1st jan n i found out frm 1 mummy who gave birth in feb, normal w/ epi, 2-bedded, total bill $4163, forked out cash $2k! last time mummies only forked out few hundred or just their deposit was enough to cover e cash portion! sigh.. not sure if Thomson Medical Center's charges also around there cuz if cheaper i might consider Thomson Medical Center instead..
i saw in my brouchure still same charges. normal delivery single room with epidural $2313, double room with epidural $1633....below got say package price with effect 1 jan 10.other assisted delivery charge do increase a lot.

Last edited:

blackpiggy

anyone knows if the fees stated in the hospital packages include the baby admission (nursery, cot etc upon his arrival)? Or its just for the mother's stay+delivery, baby 1 is another charge not included?

allycat

I delivered end Jan at Mt A. My package was 3 days 2 nights, normal birth with epi, 4-bedded. The total bill was $2817.06. Paid cash of $717.06, balance from medisave. Quan was discharged a week later because of his jaundice. His total bill was $2473.53. Paid cash of $372.92, balance from medisave. So I spent about $1.1k cash in total.

PinkDiamonds

anyone knows if the fees stated in the hospital packages include the baby admission (nursery, cot etc upon his arrival)? Or its just for the mother's stay+delivery, baby 1 is another charge not included?
Maternity package does not include baby's fees and your gynae's delivery charges. You will need to refer to the estimated hospital bill size for a better gauge of how much your total bill will come up to.

Mum2bee

Hi,all mummies....I am new here and tis is my first pregnancy.I am with TMC.I am wondering does gov subsidise more if I stay at a 4 bedded instead of 1 bedded? :D thank you

varadidie

Hi,all mummies....I am new here and tis is my first pregnancy.I am with Thomson Medical Center.I am wondering does gov subsidise more if I stay at a 4 bedded instead of 1 bedded? :D thank you
I believe there wont be any subsidy from government since its a private hospital, but you can pay the non-cash portion using your medisave.

sarah jason

I delivered end Jan at Mt A. My package was 3 days 2 nights, normal birth with epi, 4-bedded. The total bill was $2817.06. Paid cash of $717.06, balance from medisave. Quan was discharged a week later because of his jaundice. His total bill was $2473.53. Paid cash of $372.92, balance from medisave. So I spent about $1.1k cash in total.

Which Date? I was on 27th Rm 328...