TMC or Mount Alvernia

klsg

Hi Mommies!

I would like to get opinion about which hospital is better? My gynae delivers at both hospitals and I'm actually in the process of deciding which one to go. I've looked at both hospital websites and it seems like TMC is slightly more expensive but looks more professional. As for Mount Alvernia, I realized that newborn BCG and Hepatitis B shots are included in the maternity package which I can't find similar info in the TMC maternity package.

Can anyone share your experience and view on the hospitals mentioned?

apollo

I delivered ds at TMC. if i'm not wrong, the BCG n Hep B shd be included into the baby package alrdy cos I was only told tt the hearing test nd to be paid seperately.

I had 3x experience with TMC and all 3x were good ones. 1st time was admitted for surgery, the staffs were helpful and clear in explaining. 2nd time was delivery of ds and most nurses were v helpful too. and the confinement foods was great!! 3rd time was ds admitted as he was unwell, the 'sister' in the ward was not only helpful and caring, she even gave me her HP no and told me to feel free to call her if I've any doubts aft discharged.

To me, I chose TMC mainly is becos my gynae's clinic is located at TMC. But lucky, so far I only have good experience with this hospital. =)

klsg

Thanks apollo!

Talking about confinement food, I realized TMC has this soup programme. Do I have to sign up for it and pay additional? If not, how's the food in general?

apollo

i not very sure but they let me choose from the menu whether i want the confinement meal anot, of cos i chose the confinement meal. their papaya fish soup is super nice!!! and even those side dish also very delicious. =) and they serve papaya fish soup twice a day iirc..

Last edited:

delldoown

She showed us the delivery room and observation room first. Afghanistan in the mountains, the camera is allowed to take the baby's picture in the delivery room, but not during delivery. The baby will be cleaned, measured inside the room, and the size of the rooms are larger than Toyota. I think my side 4-5 in the observation room beds. She also tells us what will happen during childbirth, what kind of pain relief options available, how they will do.