TMC or Mt. A??

p1nk

Dear momies,

Hi i'm new here and it's my 1st baby also (for info i'm pregnant for 7 weeks)
Can you help me to decide where should i go to find good gynae?
My sister's is recommend on TMC with Dr. WK Tan but my husband want to go to Mt. A, since Mt. A is christianic hospital.
So can i got some recomendation here from mummies out there that already had some experiance in it.
And if we go to Mt. A, any gynae that recommend?
For budget, which one is less expensive between TMC or Mt. A (if anyone know the detail price, can you sharing also)??
Thx all.....

Wasant

I believe most gynae deliver at either Mount A or Thomson.U can check out with yr choice of gynae first....price wise....not sure..but heard that mount A is slightly cheaper.....i intend to go for Mount A..

apollo

i also heard tt Mt A is slightly cheaper..

i personally gave birth at TMC. i quite like there. esp the confinement foods!!! and if u choose 4bedded, usually they will free upgrade u to 2bedded.. =)

green_kiwi

My understanding is that most private gyne is able to deliver at either Mt A or TMC. My gyne has a clinic at TMC, but he is open to me chosing Mt A too. I chose TMC in the end cos his clinic is situated there -- to minimise the chance of him getting caught in a jam in case my labour comes during peak hour:elvis:. The peak time traffic there seems quite bad.

Price wise maybe $500 to $1k difference deoending on the type of room you choose. But all in all, I think you need to spent close to 10-12k for a baby.

Wasant

My understanding is that most private gyne is able to deliver at either Mt A or Thomson Medical Center. My gyne has a clinic at Thomson Medical Center, but he is open to me chosing Mt A too. I chose Thomson Medical Center in the end cos his clinic is situated there -- to minimise the chance of him getting caught in a jam in case my labour comes during peak hour:elvis:. The peak time traffic there seems quite bad.

Price wise maybe $500 to $1k difference deoending on the type of room you choose. But all in all, I think you need to spent close to 10-12k for a baby.
Spend 10-12 k for hospital stay or???????i dun think need to spend sooo much for a baby....:elvis:

Ivy Miao

Mt.A single bed is cheaper than TMC. If your Gynae is from Thomson Women Clinic and u intend to deliver in Mt. A, his visiting you in hospital after u deliver and the delivery charges will be slightly higher. Also, if you deliver in TMC, it will be easier and convenient for em to do task or arrange anything for you. I know TMC keep feeding us! Lolx!! 8.30am breakfast, 12pm lunch, 3pm snacks, 6pm dinner, 8pm supper.... Their lunch and dinner was good! They make you herbal soup. Fish soup to boost ur BM. Oh! Ur hub can stay with u if you get single bed, with the top up of $120 including 3 meals a day. If its just breakfast, it will be $60. Best thing about single bed ward is that there's no timing for visiting hours and bb can be pushed in anytime you want. For 2 bedded and 4 bedded, you cant. Afraid disturb other mummies.

Green_kiwi mummy, u spent 10 - 12K delivering a baby? p1nk mummy, I spent less than 5K with normal delivery w/o Epi and staying in Single bed room in TMC. Paid $185 cash and the rest all Medi-save.

Hi

You may refer to this link for discussion on similar issue. Personally I gave birth in Mount A and the experience there is great, no regrets. Will go there again for my next child.

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f36/thomson-medical-center-mt-18567/
Hi,

My gynae was Dr Tho Chin Keong from London Clinic...
I feel that he is quite steady & calm during my baby's delivery. All went very smoothly. But he is a guy if you are not particular...

I delivered at MAH which I think it's good... Will go there again for my 2nd one. Stayed in 2 bedded room, a good environment to rest aftr delivery, food not bad but my appetite not so good hence never really finished them. Generally the nurses are friendly & helpful. But the lactation consultant seems to be very busy hence she did not spend much time with me.

May'09 Bill @ Mt A (Assisted delivery with epidural)

HOSPITAL CHARGES(MUMMY)
$1268.81
DOCTOR CHARGES
$1660.00
TOTAL CHARGES
$2928.81

DEPOSIT
$900

MEDISAVE DEDUCTION
$2150

HOSPITAL CHARGES (BABY) - Baby stayed for additional 1day due to jaundice
$969.69
DOCTOR CHARGES
$278.20
TOTAL CHARGES
$1247.89

MEDISAVE DEDUCTION
$1119.68

Hope this breakdown helps... for your reference!

droof

I also delivered both my 2 kids in Mt A. I was born there =D
I dont remember my bill for my elder gal but for my younger gal born on july '09
I remember my final bill after all the deductions was less than 300..
I didnt took epidural though stayed in a 2 bed room. my gynae was from pacific healthcare, dr choo wanling, so doctor's fee not included in the amount mentioned... =D
One thing my hubby preferred Mt A to TMC is that we do not have a problem finding parking lot. I did a DNC at TMC before... wasnt very conv.

New Daddy

Alpha Male
My wife just delivered at Mt A (MAH) last week to a baby girl. Both MAH and TMC increased rates from 01/01/2010 by a few hundred dollars.

All in all, I spent around $800 plus. I paid a deposit of 1k upon admission, wife stayed for 3 days cos she had an elected C-section. Paid no extra upon discharge and bills stated I will get a refund of $100 plus..

No complaints about MAH, service pretty good and wife said the confinement food they served were delicious. The nurses were all very encouraging and were patient in coaching moms on breastfeeding. Wife stayed in a 4-bedder cos no 2-bedder available, and she scared of staying in single room. In my opinion, 4-bedders are pretty economical, and can talk to other moms there too.

3 days upon discharge, hospital will call and ask how are mom n baby doing.. quite nice of them...

Her gynae is Dr Chua Yang from A Clinic for Women at Bukit Timah (based on recommendation from this forum) and I must say she lives up to her reputation. Very cool yet friendly, and compentent doctor. Heard she is well versed in English, Mandarin, Japanese and French. Her stitching skills are what it was reputed to be. Wife could move around in the ward on day 2 with only minimal pain so she rejected painkillers offered by the nurses. The other moms in the ward were all still in pain and "bedridden". Hence, I highly recommend Dr Chua Yang.

I believe most gynae deliver at either Mount A or Thomson.you can check out with yr choice of gynae first....price wise....not sure..but heard that mount A is slightly cheaper.....i intend to go for Mount A..

Serenesy

My wife just delivered at Mt A (MAH) last week to a baby girl. Both MAH and TMC increased rates from 01/01/2010 by a few hundred dollars.

All in all, I spent around $800 plus. I paid a deposit of 1k upon admission, wife stayed for 3 days cos she had an elected C-section. Paid no extra upon discharge and bills stated I will get a refund of $100 plus..

No complaints about MAH, service pretty good and wife said the confinement food they served were delicious. The nurses were all very encouraging and were patient in coaching moms on breastfeeding. Wife stayed in a 4-bedder cos no 2-bedder available, and she scared of staying in single room. In my opinion, 4-bedders are pretty economical, and can talk to other moms there too.

3 days upon discharge, hospital will call and ask how are mom n baby doing.. quite nice of them...

Her gynae is Dr Chua Yang from A Clinic for Women at Bukit Timah (based on recommendation from this forum) and I must say she lives up to her reputation. Very cool yet friendly, and compentent doctor. Heard she is well versed in English, Mandarin, Japanese and French. Her stitching skills are what it was reputed to be. Wife could move around in the ward on day 2 with only minimal pain so she rejected painkillers offered by the nurses. The other moms in the ward were all still in pain and "bedridden". Hence, I highly recommend Dr Chua Yang.
New Daddy,

Congrats on you new born!!!
After seeing your post, i've decided to try out Dr Chua.
Wonder how much have you spent with Dr Chua, is it consider as reasonable?
Does she always has long queue, what's the avg. waiting time?