Tommee Tippee brand, any comment?

reginaluxp

my sis will call me before she buy the things i want to confirm; if you want when she calls i will SMS you and you can decide then. My sis will go to the money changer tomorrow, it will be the exchange rate that my sis change tomorrow.

ok can. Tks i will pm u my hp no. Thanks

JusMum

by the way , i just started to use tommee tippee not long ago , but now i still dunno how to sterillise the stwrilliser .. using tablet or how ..

adelynn

Hi adelynn,

Is the price cheaper in UK? What is your review of tommee tippee bottle? Thanks.
hi sufeit

depending on type of products, some stuff can be cheaper. more importantly (for me) is that some products are difficult to find in SG.

the tommme tippee bottles claim to be breastfeeding friendly, allowing the baby to avoid nipple confusion and thus mummies to BF longer.

Personally i think it depends from baby to baby. My girl don't take to avent (unlike most babies) and only go for Pigeon & Tommee Tippee. But i like their anti colic bottles/teats and shape of the bottles (may look weird but i find them easier to hold when feeding as compared to Pigeon)

Best of all, it's BPA free and the price is still not so 'damaging' to the pockets

adelynn

what is the exchange rate ? the bottle have 33% off , would it be cheaper ?
my sis hasn't told me yet. it would be pegged to the exchange rate that my sis changes. i did a rough estimation if the bottles are having discounted pricing, they are usually cheaper there (provided the exchange's rate good. When the rate was sky high, the bottles prices were still crazy)

sufeit0115

hi sufeit

depending on type of products, some stuff can be cheaper. more importantly (for me) is that some products are difficult to find in SG.

the tommme tippee bottles claim to be breastfeeding friendly, allowing the baby to avoid nipple confusion and thus mummies to BF longer.

Personally i think it depends from baby to baby. My girl dont't take to avent (unlike most babies) and only go for Pigeon & Tommee Tippee. But i like their anti colic bottles/teats and shape of the bottles (may look weird but i find them easier to hold when feeding as compared to Pigeon)

Best of all, it's BPA free and the price is still not so 'damaging' to the pockets
hee, thanks for your review. I personally find Tommee Tippee bottle very cute, but currently baby is using Avent, still thinking whether to let him try Tommee Tippee.

Btw, is the variflow teat available in S'pore? :)

BbpHir3

i think if they ok with 1 bottle, den dun change bax..

i oso looking for the variflow in sg.. but sg dun have according to one of the mothercare staff..

iwan2noe

For bottles, i am using pigeon. It is not as nice in design as compared to tommee tippee but the teat is much softer.

When getting bottles, 1 v impt pt to note is the caliberations of the bottles. It is v impt esp for nb because with clear caliberation u will know how much milk to prepare for ur bb which is v crucial for nb as it is during this period that they grow up and esp if they drink breast milk. if prepare too little amt of bm for them, they will get hungry easily and will wake up crying for milk more frequently. And also due to the fact the BM are more easily digestible than FM which is thicker than BM.

For Tommee tippee pump, i saw it and if I am not wrong they only suitable to sterilised tommee tippee bottles and accessories. Not so sure but from my impression i remb it is properitary used for their own brand of bottles, teats, etc.

Hope this helps :)

sufeit0115

i think if they ok with 1 bottle, then dont change bax..

i also looking for the variflow in sg.. but sg dont have according to one of the mothercare staff..
Thinking to change the bottle becos of the variflow teats....cos sometimes confuse what size of teats to buy. Since sg don't have then i better stick to my Avent bottle, hee.

adelynn

Thinking to change the bottle becos of the variflow teats....cos sometimes confuse what size of teats to buy. Since sg dont't have then i better stick to my Avent bottle, hee.
hmms, in the back of my memory i seem to remember seeing variflow teats in SG just that i can't recall where *grrr* or maybe i was just dreaming.

poppies

Do make sure that you're getting the BPA free version. I saw a Tommee Tippee set (plus bottles) going for 129.90 and the sales lady told me that it's cheaper because it's not BPA free!

BbpHir3

OMG!! serious.. i was thinking all of Tommee Tippee is BPA free!! cuz all of their stuff i c are BPA free leiii~~

poppies

Only those labelled BPA-free are indeed so, i guess. At the shop i was at, they placed both side by side, so if anyone's a little blur, they might just get the cheaper one.

Jofeny

I'm currently using TT bottles. A bit regret because I find it's not that established in Sgp. Only can buy TT at certain stores n some of the products r not available in Singapore. There was once the steraliser is out of stock whole sgp n i need an extra one urgently. N because TT bottles r huge, i dare not buy pigeon or avent steraliser to substitute jus in case it cant fit my TT bottles. TT teats r relatively more exp than pigeon too, so when u r changing teats (as per recommendation every 3 months), pigeon is more affordable. N also pigeon there is trade in bottles (as per recommendation, change bottle every 6months) for taka fairs/bigger fairs, which again can save more money.

I bought TT because it is breastfeeding safe, no confusion of nipples n teats. But in reality i only latched for a month. After that I expressed my milk. So end up the confusion part doesn't seem impt for my case anymore.

Last edited:

tabbie

so u mean if i want to buy tommee tippee bottles i must use their sterilizer as well? if i use avent sterilizer bottles will not fit there?

Jofeny

Tommee bottles r fatter, n tommee Steraliser can fit 6 TT bottles at 1 time.

avent bottles r smaller, hence I would suspect the Steraliser space will b smaller too. Of cos if u are not sterilizing 6 TT bottles at a time, I think avent shd b able to fit. I didn't try before so I Duno, but I thought that makes sense. So I rather all buy a single brand so that they r compatible to each other, ie. Bottles, Steraliser, warmer