Tongue Tied?

nickmummy

My bb has been diagnosed with tongue tied when he was just 1 week old.. PD suggested a minor surgery to treat this, we seek a second opinion from KKH private clinic, PD suggested we should wait and see as it's too young to determine if the bb has tongue tied.. as this is not a life threatening problem at the moment, we decided to wait and see if he is able to outgrow this.. any advise or similar cases where bb really outgrow this?:we3sad:

Coelyn

it will just be a cut so can still do it at a later stage .... like 1 yr + still got speech issue.

Vone

yeah im curious too.... @_@ Yr baby's only 1 week old when he diagnosed it. U might wanna seek a 2nd opinion if u're worried =)

ireneliau

My bb has been diagnosed with tongue tied when he was just 1 week old.. PD suggested a minor surgery to treat this, we seek a second opinion from KKH private clinic, PD suggested we should wait and see as it's too young to determine if the bb has tongue tied.. as this is not a life threatening problem at the moment, we decided to wait and see if he is able to outgrow this.. any advise or similar cases where bb really outgrow this?:we3sad:
--------------------------
don need to worry too much.. cos baby is too young..
doc diagnosed my daughter head is tilted to one side and ask us to keep on going to kk and do head exercise.. i did when there a few time..
but all the head exercise you got to help the baby do at hm every day.. end up, i give up and did not go to kk for check.. now my baby is ok, she is 16mth now.. i think some time is the doc worry to much.. not really baby got problem.. but you got to monitor.. if ard 1yr plus, yr feel that yr baby got problem then seek for doc advise..

nickmummy

what sort of hints/symstoms yr bb gave to drive yr doc to do a diagnosed at only 1 wk old?
Oh, it was when we brought bb for the first checkup with the PD that present during my delivery.. He just put a icecream stick inside his mouth and told us he has tongue tied.. At first I was panicky.. then he said it's just a very minor problem.. when we see bb cries.. it's preety obvious that his tongue is quite short and couldn't stick fully out.. :wong7:

nickmummy

yeah im curious too.... @_@ Yr baby's only 1 week old when he diagnosed it. U might wanna seek a 2nd opinion if u're worried =)
THanks.. already seeked 2nd and 3rd opinion.. Doc say monitor and see if the problem still persist.. dunno if anybody got similar cases like mine and bb really outgrow the phase by cutting the slit themselves and grow out of the prob?:err:

nickmummy

--------------------------
don need to worry too much.. cos baby is too young..
doc diagnosed my daughter head is tilted to one side and ask us to keep on going to kk and do head exercise.. i did when there a few time..
but all the head exercise you got to help the baby do at hm every day.. end up, i give up and did not go to kk for check.. now my baby is ok, she is 16mth now.. i think some time is the doc worry to much.. not really baby got problem.. but you got to monitor.. if ard 1yr plus, yr feel that yr baby got problem then seek for doc advise..
yaya.. my bb similar problem like your bb too.. he had "stiff neck".. very mild which we could not see it very clearly unless we observe for quite sometime.. PD keep saying need to massage his opposite side of his shoulder so that his condition would be balanced.. we just did it for i think 2 or 3 times and give up coz he's figety and very active.. and now he does not seem to have this problem anymore :tlaugh: .. and thanks for the advise on the tongue tied.. I really dunno which doc OR PD to seek for as it seems like different PD or Doc and their own personal opinion and views..