Too frequent feedings

hymseah

At 6 months, my baby is still feeding every two hours. He is a very big baby, but he refuses to drink more than 80 ml at each feeding. I have started him on semi solids, but it is the same as he only wants a bit at a time. Any one has a solution to this?

BudgetMum

hav u tried lengthen the frequency slow say 2.5 hrly, then 3 hrly etc?

of course it won't b easy, u gotta endure his cries & tantrums for a while -- u will learn that later in life too when discipline comes into picture.

r u alone at home or staying with in-laws? those around u must support u if not u might get stressed out by their remarks ... ...

even till now my DS is 22 mths, sometimes he refused to finished his milk at one go (some times only 2oz only!!) -- i would either force-feed him (ie go to the room & hold him down and made him drink) or i let him 'rest' for 5-10 mins & force-feed him... ...
some of friends finds it crazy (i told them wait till u r a mom or ur child behaves this way) but i think this is part of discipline & not whether if he's a small eater etc cos we, mothers knew that they r not small size/bb & they do get hunger after a while.

peanuts

hav u tried lengthen the frequency slow say 2.5 hrly, then 3 hrly etc?

of course it won't b easy, u gotta endure his cries & tantrums for a while -- u will learn that later in life too when discipline comes into picture.

r u alone at home or staying with in-laws? those around u must support u if not u might get stressed out by their remarks ... ...

even till now my DS is 22 mths, sometimes he refused to finished his milk at one go (some times only 2oz only!!) -- i would either force-feed him (ie go to the room & hold him down and made him drink) or i let him 'rest' for 5-10 mins & force-feed him... ...
some of friends finds it crazy (i told them wait till u r a mom or ur child behaves this way) but i think this is part of discipline & not whether if he's a small eater etc cos we, mothers knew that they r not small size/bb & they do get hunger after a while.

Fully agree....as mother, we must educate our children to follow our way and not mother follow their way. If we always give in to them sooner or later we will spoil them unconsiously as the time goes by.

AugBoyz

At 6 months, my baby is still feeding every two hours. He is a very big baby, but he refuses to drink more than 80 ml at each feeding. I have started him on semi solids, but it is the same as he only wants a bit at a time. Any one has a solution to this?
Hi, did u just started semi solid recently? If yes, he may not have gotten used to the taste/texture of solid.

Try dragging the feeding time by 10mins at each feeding time to stretch it to 3hrs. By dragging the time, you baby may feel hungrier and thus drink more. Remember to make like 30ml more each time :001_302: