Torn nipple due to breastfeeding

Miaeko

Dear mommy, try squeeze out abit of ur own milk, apply n let it air dry (repeat few times if u need to).
I try let it heal for half a day or a day b4 latching or pumping though it's painful. Up to ur comfort level nevertheless.

Miaeko

Welcome :)
i don't realized it's torn until e pumped milk looked abit reddish, but read up its ok to feed milk to bb directly fresh.
how big is ur bb?

Tina82

My bb is turning 15mths..dont really have dis problem before..mayb becos she already started to bite my nipple..

Miaeko

Oh, I haven't reach that stage yet hee...Almost Liao cos play while latching. If not, suck n pull..headache. But ppl teach is can pinch lightly their nose and that will release e bite.

Tina82

Oh is it..will try on dat 2..hee..how old is ur bb..n how long do u intend to breastfeed him/her

Miaeko

Cmg 4mo.. I oso wonder how long shd I bf her..
It's kinda hard to decide how long to cont.
Is ur bb v attached to u (like abit seperation anxiety kind), if so, u think is bc u bf?

Tina82

Ya my gal is very2 attached to me..but dunno if its due to bf or not..maybe..or might be also bcos ive been taking care of her since birth..as im a SAHM..

Miaeko

Me too.. Jus wonder if bb will b too attached when comes to arranging caregiver if decided to return to work/go on trips in future.

Tina82

Actuali i planning to go back to werk when shes 18 mths..but seems like must put that aside 1st..cos shes too attached to me..never c me for a while only will cry looking for me.. :)

Tina82

Knut29 how long does it takes to heal after apllying bonjela..i did apply medela nipple cream i bought from watson..but it doesnt seams to really werks...

knut29

for me it was a deep wound as my baby's teeth were fully grown.. and i continued latching at night, so it healed after 1-2 weeks...

but bonjela has numbing effect, and i find that it speeds up the healing... =p

Knut29 how long does it takes to heal after apllying bonjela..i did apply medela nipple cream i bought from watson..but it doesnt seams to really werks...

Tina82

My wound also quite deep..very painful when shes latching..i should try on bonjela too..thanx 4 the tips.. :)

knut29

or maybe pump on the injured breast and latch on the non-injured breast? you are welcome.. i was wounded twice (once on each breast at different timing)... tried the chinese xi gua shuang 西瓜霜 but find this bonjela method much better...

Tina82

Actually mine both injured at the same time but no choice still have to give..have to tahan the pain

knut29

oh i see.. that's really very bad, i had to tahan pain too even though mine was only one side.. drink more water and vitamin Cs.. try not to eat heaty food for the time being.. and maybe perhaps tilt your nipple in a way that your baby's teeth dont land directly over the wound every time you latch on? speedy recovery to you..