Total breastfeeding yet weight remains quite stagnant! Why??

decoco

Hi all,

I have a 2 and 1/2 month old baby and shes on exclusive breastfeed from 2nd month onwards, first month were supplementing abit of formula but also bfeed quite alot. I dont't know why my weight just refuse to go down after losing just 2kg at most over these 2 and 1/2 month!

I normally have cereal like banana nut crunch for breakfast, lunch will be cai fan (less rice more vege) dinner also home cooked food.. I seldom snack, just oatmeal or Milo when hungry. And I always feels hungry through out the day especially after 8pm I willbe hungry but I never snack not even drink Milo! And wait till breakfast.

So why am I not losing weight at all?! It's so demoralizing as I can't wear anything from my wardrobe anymore.. And I read that we should lose about 2-3kg per month from Wong bb's book.. I already did not lose much (at most 5kg) after labour and I still have 10kg to go. Argh!!

Am I supposed to exercise? I'm taking care of my baby alone, hardly anytime for myself how to exercise. Can I do skipping so fast after labour? I'm worried about hurting my back though, felt some aches from the epidural site already.

So upsetting! What am I doing wrong? Is my baby not drinking enough from me that's why? But she's gaining weight really well, PD is saying she's definely above Average. Or am I supposed to nurse all the time and not pump? I do replace 2 feeds a day to express and feed bottle EBM. But this doesn't make sense too. I see friends losing real fast without exercise but why am I not?

Any advise? Im so depressed from this now

Edwinie

Hi all,

I have a 2 and 1/2 month old baby and shes on exclusive breastfeed from 2nd month onwards, first month were supplementing abit of formula but also bfeed quite alot. I dont't know why my weight just refuse to go down after losing just 2kg at most over these 2 and 1/2 month!

I normally have cereal like banana nut crunch for breakfast, lunch will be cai fan (less rice more vege) dinner also home cooked food.. I seldom snack, just oatmeal or Milo when hungry. And I always feels hungry through out the day especially after 8pm I willbe hungry but I never snack not even drink Milo! And wait till breakfast.

So why am I not losing weight at all?! It's so demoralizing as I can't wear anything from my wardrobe anymore.. And I read that we should lose about 2-3kg per month from Wong bb's book.. I already did not lose much (at most 5kg) after labour and I still have 10kg to go. Argh!!

Am I supposed to exercise? I'm taking care of my baby alone, hardly anytime for myself how to exercise. Can I do skipping so fast after labour? I'm worried about hurting my back though, felt some aches from the epidural site already.

So upsetting! What am I doing wrong? Is my baby not drinking enough from me that's why? But she's gaining weight really well, PD is saying she's definely above Average. Or am I supposed to nurse all the time and not pump? I do replace 2 feeds a day to express and feed bottle EBM. But this doesn't make sense too. I see friends losing real fast without exercise but why am I not?

did you eat a lot during pregnancy? I know I ate exceptionally more than normal and I've got difficulty losing the extra weight that is not really related to pregnancy even though i'm breastfeeding.

Ange

Hi all,

Hi decoco,

1 reason may due to skip of meal or lack of protein, do you eat meats and foods that have protein? Do you have enough rest? Is your metabolism rate high? To be frank, exercise do help abit but it take time and even if you does not have right diet, exericse also would not help. The tummy areas will still be there. By the way, right now are you still on BF?

decoco

While preg I did not Really eat alot more.. Just a heavier breakfast that's all. But mayb my fats more stubborn.

I cut down on rice and opt for more vege and meat. But did occasionally give in to burgers.. :p but I skipped the fries..

And yep I'm still bf now.. I am wondering if urs fenugreek that make me put on weight.. Could that b y?

Ange

While preg I did not Really eat alot more.. Just a heavier breakfast that's all. But mayb my fats more stubborn.

I cut down on rice and opt for more vege and meat. But did occasionally give in to burgers.. :p but I skipped the fries..

And yep I'm still bf now.. I am wondering if urs fenugreek that make me put on weight.. Could that b y?
Perhaps is due to your body condition, do you take your meal on time? Last time I gain weight due to irregular meal time and intake of unhealthy foods. But after adjustment, I did shed off 10kg.

LayPeng

Hi decoco,
i have a 2 year old girl and i had hardtime for pregnancy and only shed off 2-3 kg after give birth which is water level. our body after give birth had a big impact on hormone and metabolism so difficult to slim down though. my gyne did explained me to last time when i asked her.
fortunately i managed to shed off 18kg(inclusive of fat and water retention) through spending money and i realised that skipping meal does not resolve post natal weighti issue. usually bf will slim down a bit but for my case i only bf for 1month so did not see much result. some people bf also didnt see weight loss so i think is depending on individual body

woofy55

Decoco.. bf will slim down in a sense. but for me, after i stopped bf-ing the my weight started to increase rapidly. :( Fortunately, I got to know of a program that helps me analysis what is wrong + proper diet and simple exercise like "weight lifting" - hahaha carrying my 11kg son i managed to shed off the extra weight and is slimmer than prepregnancy. If you want to know more, do email me at woofy55@yahoo.com. :) i hope i can help you...

Asphere

i am having the same problem!! my weight dont seem to go down although my boy is on bf!!.
infact i feel fatter and hungry.. esp at nite :)
anyone has a good suggestion how can we slim down and still have enough milk for the baby?
Understand that going slimming center is a no no for it will affect milk flow?

woofy55

Asphere.. i also constantly feeeeeel hunggggry when i was breastfeeding. Perhaps it was an excuse or take for granted that metabolism will increase therefore won't get fat so easily. hehehe.. Drink more fluid does help for me to have enough milk but after i come back to work.. due to meetings and work schedule.. sometimes i missed a pump and the supply slowly decreased (but appetite didn't decrease.. hehehe).

personally - i tried exercising and i also spent 5digits in Cenosis .. but i can't see any results. Perhaps I've got no time to travel there and spend 2hrs doing the treatment so I didn't go regularly. If you have money and time, slimming centre will be good ba. Otherwise, next option - i'll share with you the program i am on. :eek:)

Asphere

slimming center doesnt really help.. that is my personal view haha.always feel they are just wanting us to go and pay more :)

knut29

i did malay massage after delivery.. my weight gain was around 10kg during pregnancy, and i am now 2kg less than what i weigh before pregnancy.. i total breastfeed too, and been doing household chores during my maternity..

i am not too sure if it is too late for you to do the malay massage now? it is quite useful for me, i lose weight and tummy within my confinement period, and i continued to use the tummy binder provided by the malay massage lady.. i guess all these helps obtain my current weight.. =)