Total cost of delivery at raffles hospital?

Xmercury

Hi everyone,I'm going to be a father in July...haha just want to check with all the mummy and daddy that have been deliver in raffles hospital what is the total cost for 1 beded and if normal delivery cannot and have to go for c-sect is there any double cost for it.thanks in advance

Xmercury

Not yet but will know it I think around a week or so...cause my wife is going to deliver in few days time from today...:001_302:

kinkybaby

I delivered in TMC in April and I believe the cost structure of delivery is more or less the same. Usually is like this: normal delivery, c-sect, emergency c-sect. E c-sect is the most exp cos they will count the charges for normal and add on all equipments used during e c-sect as 'ala carte', for eg scalpel etc. Heard the difference could range up to thousand depending on items used.

Hope this helps!

I was with a gynae in RH but decided to switch in my 16th week because of the costs. The one bedder rooms are about $2500. On top of this, you have to add nursery fees, paed fees, anaesthesist (for epidural) and doctor's delivery fee. My gynae's delivery fees starts from $3000 for normal delivery which is wayyyy expensive! Her nurse told me that typical amount for normal delivery is about $8k before medisave deduction of $2100 so we still have to fork out about $5-6k hence we decided to switch.

Was told that in the last trimester, will discuss the fees and all but may be too late to switch by then.

droplets

My gynae quoted me 4k for surgeon fee on elective c-sect and e nurse told me tat it will definitely be a 5 digit figures.. I just wanna know e rough cost..

I delivered my #1 two years back in RH too and cost went up to 5digits cos failed in natutral abd ended up emergency elective c-sect! paid ard 7plus k cash after cpf deduction from day1 of preg till deliver.

Xmercury

Hi droplets, my wife is seeing Dr Watt I can said she's good and patience....but she don't recommend to c-sect if she think you can do normal delivery.....I think she that kind of doctor who is more on natural...overall I & my wife like her....

Xmercury

My wife just deliver few days ago...the total cost is around 7k plus before medisave....inculde some addition check on baby.....hope this help.

droplets

Congratulation Daddy!!

Did yr wife stay in a one bedder room? Did u stay with her? Wondering how much is e extra bed.

Thank you so much for informing... I think for my case, i've to fork out a 7-8k cash after medisave.

Xmercury

Extra bed will have two type of price roller bed cost around 65 sofa bed is 25.yes I'm staying at one beded room.the total cost is base on normal delivery and different doctor different price.. :001_302:

xeritan

Hi Xmercury

Hope I'm not too late to congratulate you and your wife on your new born.
I'm new to this forum but have been following threads here and there.
My gynae is also Dr Watt, but I'm deciding between giving birth in RH or Eastshore.

Can you relate how your experience with RH was?
Are the service staff patient and responsive? Was the entire process, from admission, to waiting, to delivery, then discharge and follow-up, smooth?
How's the food provided for your wife and the lodger (if any)?

Also, I was enquiring about the cost today after the maternity tour. The basic amount if I were to go for natural + epi, for single-bedded may cost up to $6k (taking doc and and anaesthetist's fee on the high side), excluding medisave claims. The amount you quoted seems a lot more than what I expected. Are there any additional costs which you were being charge?

So sorry for bombarding you with so many questions. Your response will be much appreciated :)

Xmercury

Hi Xmercury

Hope I'm not too late to congratulate you and your wife on your new born.
I'm new to this forum but have been following threads here and there.
My gynae is also Dr Watt, but I'm deciding between giving birth in RH or Eastshore.

Can you relate how your experience with RH was?
Are the service staff patient and responsive? Was the entire process, from admission, to waiting, to delivery, then discharge and follow-up, smooth?
How's the food provided for your wife and the lodger (if any)?

Also, I was enquiring about the cost today after the maternity tour. The basic amount if I were to go for natural + epi, for single-bedded may cost up to $6k (taking doc and and anaesthetist's fee on the high side), excluding medisave claims. The amount you quoted seems a lot more than what I expected. Are there any additional costs which you were being charge?

So sorry for bombarding you with so many questions. Your response will be much appreciated :)

My wife and I have a good stay there,the nurse is patience.the food is nice.btw they have the confinement food.for admission the doctor will do for you so not to worry,after you reach the hospital you will straight go to the delivery room from there onwards the nurse will look after you if you need epi the nurse will call the doctor over.overall you do not really need to worry so much they will be there for you.imo.i like the hospital service.dr watt is good.after all which hospital you want to go is really up to your like.extra cost will be like the baby extra check up forget what is that but will mail to you and the bed for you husband.btw if your husband need to eat at the hospital will be charge.i have done every little things from baby to mummy so is around 7k plus before medisave.just hope that the doctor don't come visit you too often...haha

mydaddy

In total it costed me 25701.66 over 9 months at Raffles Hospital.
Here is a break up of the cost

26/3/2015SGD$203.30First Visit
28/3/2015SGD$124.12Follow-on Checkup
2/4/2015SGD$501.94830 bucks later ! Confirmation of Pregnancy !
15/4/2015SGD$163.71Second Month Consult
6/5/2015SGD$29.96Full Blood count for father of child
6/5/2015SGD$45.15Third Month medicines
6/5/2015SGD$163.71Third Month Scan
6/5/2015SGD$185.11Down Syndrome Scan - First Payment
26/5/2015SGD$185.11Down Syndrome Scan - Second Payment
9/6/2015SGD$484.40Fourth Month visit
7/7/2015SGD$319.90Fifth Month Full Scan
7/7/2015SGD$1,791.45Pre-natal Package (5-9th month)
4/8/2015SGD$79.45Random Medicines
31/8/2015SGD$116.65Sixth Month Visit
1/9/2015SGD$36.00Haemoglobin medication
22/9/2015SGD$346.95Seveth Month Checkup
5/10/2015SGD$105.40Eight Month Checkup
31/10/2015SGD$357.35Ninth Month first checkup + Liver + Blood Count + Thyroid + Heartbeat test
5/11/2015SGD$57.85OTC medicine on doctor suggestion
6/11/2015SGD$328.45Ninth Month second checkup + Liver + Blood Count + Thyroid + Heartbeat test
12/11/2015SGD$443.50Ninth Month third checkup + Full growth scan
13/11/2015SGD$2,685.95Final 3 day bill for Baby (Nursery care) (Package)
13/11/2015SGD$16,726.25Final 3 day bill for Mother (Normal labour process followed by C-section) (Single room)(Package)
18/11/2015SGD$220.00One week after birth visit for baby