Tour agencies or Online ?

cendrine

To go for a holiday, do you book online or with tour agencies?

I find that certain places if book online would be cheaper,
when comes to airfare promotion from the budget airlines.

mae

hi cen,

Booking online maybe cheaper if you book it in a more advance dates. e.g. month before.

M

^Mami_Jazz^

hmm ..is it...
i remembered I booked one week only in advance when I went BKK in Mar..
ya if u do some homework, can save quite alot by booking online esp when there is promo.

but usually whe i need to book for tour, the source is Straits Times Classifieds :tlaugh:

if there r good online deals, i'll book online which is much more convenient

veronica

Nowadays u need not have to pre-book ur holiday in advance. But of course if the travel date is peak period, the earlier u book, the higher chance you get your seats.

Budget airlines do offer early bird savings if u book in advance.

For SQ, fare is transparent now so if u book with travel agent, they charge you extra as service.

Dun know if you can still remember, last time airfare to all places were high but taxes were low, now it's the other way round..

tamarind

Booking online is cheaper if you constantly watch out for promotions.

For example, I once got air tickets to Bangkok at $62 including all taxes.

For Singapore Airlines, I think their website offer the best price, if you buy SQ air tickets from travel agents, it will be more expensive.

Some hotel chains are now offering the best room rate on their website, they guarantee that no other travel agents can offer the same price. For example, Holiday Inn and Inter-continental hotels.

You can also search the internet for good value hotels. My favourite is Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor. You can find good hotels which are not even offered by travel agents.

Nowadays, I always book online, don't trust travel agents.

CynCyn

Book directly from agencies instead . I don't trust online booking afraid that they nvr receive my online booking etc. So to put my mind at ease I rather go directly to the agencies . Have yet tried online booking .

M

^Mami_Jazz^

Book directly from agencies instead . I don't trust online booking afraid that they nvr receive my online booking etc. So to put my mind at ease I rather go directly to the agencies . Have yet tried online booking .
u will recd confirmation on booking de.
If not receive call the hotline

jupiter

I have noticed that booking online tends to be more inexpensive if booked early.So you have to be a bit kiasu on that. You can try browsing through 88db website if you are looking for any online agencies.

tamarind

When booking online, it's best to book direct with the hotels and the airline.

Even if you walk into a travel agency to pay and book, they can also mess up your booking.

Maelyn

my friends in the travel agency advised me to book online for SQ tickets as travel agents would otherwise charge service fee. As for hotels, i usually go to Reviews of vacations, hotels, resorts, vacation and travel packages - TripAdvisor to check out the reviews of hotels and then check out the various rates at the online sites recommended. But booking direct with hotels are indeed cheaper if they have ongoing promotions.

If anyone is planning a trip to the US, there are a few websites that offer 'vacation rentals' and their rates are pretty good. I just booked a room at Eastgate Suites from Apartment hotel rentals,serviced apartments,Holiday apartment rentals,Cheap self catering apartments</b> </li> </b> in early Dec and their rates are pretty good, plus they still have rooms available.