Transferring of maid, beware.

wxw001

Dear all, be careful if you plan to transfer any maid. Think twice. I felt cheated by my maid agency. First he told me my maid can arrive in jul. in the end it was delayed for one month. In between, he lent me a temp maid for a week. When my maid arrive, he told me that her work permit is not yet ready, need 1 week.till now my maid is still holding a temp work permit. One month passed, her work permit is still not ready. I kept chasing the agent but he just keep saying not ready. Then I received cpf letter stating I employ 2 maid, which I did not. I called up the maid agency and tell him I'm claiming that extra levy from them but he said they cannot pay and I had to appeal from MOM. I never had such issue before. I was extremely disappointed. So if u plan for any maid transfer, please think twice, there may be unnecessary charges that yr maid agency don't explain to you and you had to bear the cost yourself.

bluetooth

I am sorry to hear your bad experience. Please share the agency name.

I did have a transfer maid. What I was told her original employer would need to transfer her out so that I could take over her. In your situation, it is different. The temp maid is under your name as well as your new maid. Meaning that MOM record showed you own 2 maids. In actual situation he lent you a temp maid for a week but on paper, the temp is not "lent".

We need to be careful and thorough when these agencies ask us to sign the different set of documents.