travel ideas with 17months

Happy3

Hi,
I'm planning an overseas trip with my husband and 17months old. Any good suggestion? Ard 1 week.

Is Hong Kong Disney land suitable?

diza

Never been to HKG Disneyland but my colleague told me there are rides suitable for toddlers. U need to go on the rides with ur toddler. If u plan to go there, Dec would be better as the weather is cooling. I'm planning to go there too in Dec but with the recent virus in China, I have to KIV.

ling.er

in the end, where did you bring your kid to ?

** Was planning to bring my girl 2 Year & boy 4 year to HK next year

Hi,
I'm planning an overseas trip with my husband and 17months old. Any good suggestion? Ard 1 week.

Is Hong Kong Disney land suitable?

ClaireYang

hong kong disneyland is suitable but you have to manage your expectations with regards to the rides - one of you will have to look after the baby while the other takes the ride. The 17-month old sure cannot take rides. but can take really cute photos with the disney characters during breakfast - Breakfast with Mickey and Pluto at Disneyland Hotel Enchanted Garden | Singapore Travel Blog

personally, I would bring my kid to hong kong disneyland when she is older so she will appreciate the "magical" experience of disneyland (since she would have heard the fairy tale stories and all).

I suggest a short trip to a resort nearby e.g. Bintan - no flying involved (i was amazed that stacy brought her child on a 13 hour flight to London!)

LingTan

Hello! If I may chip in - I think Hong Kong's a nice place for kids! I have taken my kids there when they were 2months and 2 years old, and again when there were 5 years and 7 years old - both times went fine! It's true, as ClaireYang points out, they enjoyed Disneyland a lot more on the second visit - many rides they can't do on the first - but the fireworks display at the end of the evening, on both occasions, and the parade (mid-day) are JUST magical anyways!

A few parents, sharing stories of their trips to Hong Kong with their kids, on this site travel site for parents - KidsOnBoard.net

Go, I'd say! Kids, they learn too when they travel!