Travelling to Malaysia

saikid

Hi friends,

First time, I & my dh are travelling to Malaysia (KL) with our 9 month old ds in a few weeks time.
From where have you all got your visa?
where can I book seats for my travelling?

Mainly, how can I keep my baby in the bus/van? he usually sleeps for few hours continuously. Can I take the stroller with me...

kindly provide me other useful tips also...

prima

sporeans don't need visa to go to KL. if you have to, go to the Msian embassy.

it is advisable not to take stroller on the streets, the pavements there are pretty uneven. except if you want to use it in the shopping centres. All the LRT stations have stairs. Not all the stations are interconnected, some you will have to walk some distance to join another line. I used the sling to move around previously.

I always go back to KL via the Transtar bus which is comfortable. their office is at the Lavender road. very convenient if you want to travel with kids. now you can get there by flight. tickets are cheaper now.

one thing is to be careful of the taxi drivers there, especially the white shirts one with long queues of taxis. they will charge exorbitant prices.

CanCanMum

Hi friends,

First time, I & my dh are travelling to Malaysia (KL) with our 9 month old ds in a few weeks time.
From where have you all got your visa?
where can I book seats for my travelling?

Mainly, how can I keep my baby in the bus/van? he usually sleeps for few hours continuously. Can I take the stroller with me...

kindly provide me other useful tips also...
Actually travelling with a baby u will need to bring lots of things. If u can handle a stroller on top of your luggages its fine to bring along. Otherwise a baby carrier will be a better option.

1) Visa = not req unless u r not a singaporean

2) I presume u will be travelling there by BUS? U can book online at Transtar Travel for 1st class seats - more spacious and if u r bringg bb pram there is space for u to leave it there. Got Tv + food provided which is easier for u so tat no need to stop by those places to get food.

3) keep baby in bus? Errm....just put him on yr lap lor. He will most prob be sleeping thruout...

4) Do rem to bring all medicine for just in case...for your baby. Esp those diarrhoea medi, flu and fever types. Rem to bring fever pack oso.

5) Get enuff diapers for the trip, and get more for just in cases (bus delay etc)

6) Bring enuf supply of hot water (perhaps 2 hot water flasks?) This is so tat when u touched down KL, mix our water with water over there, so tat baby will be accustomed to their water and will not get upset stomach.

7) Rem to bring enuf supply of Formula milk if u r not breastfeeding.

Yeah, at the end of the day one of yr luggages will be full of baby stuff.

For me the youngest age tat we br him to KL was when he was 4months....

saikid

Thanks Prima & Can can mum for your valuable tips.

Since I am going there for the first time with 9 month old ds, I will consider all of your tips....
My baby weighs around 9.5kg. Having him in the sling for a long time is difficult. He aso feels unconfortable, as he could not sleep in the sling for long time. If I can take a stroller in the bus, I prefer taking it with me...

Thsanks again...

EnFlor

Mums , if you are thinking of driving up to Malaysia, do remember to keep personal belongings...no matter how cheap they cost....in the boot.

Personal experience which happened last week. It was even b4 we reached Malacca, the door to our front passenger seat was jammed. Realised it at one of our stops on the highway rest place. We thought of it as nothing. (All throughout our journey, the door couldn't be used)

Back home sent to the mechanic. Mechanic said high possibility of someone trying to force open the door by inserting something coz there is some dented markings.

Dunno if it's the car or the cheap kiddy toys and sweaters in the car that caused potential car thieves to force open the door. Thank God, nothing bad turned out.

We usually rent cars from Hertz JB to drive around M'sia. But just for this trip, we thought, 'Oh well, what could possibly happened!' - what can i say, that was a close shave of hubby losing his dear car.

LWP6998

Alpha Male
Mums , if you are thinking of driving up to Malaysia, do remember to keep personal belongings...no matter how cheap they cost....in the boot.

Personal experience which happened last week. It was even before we reached Malacca, the door to our front passenger seat was jammed. Realised it at one of our stops on the highway rest place. We thought of it as nothing. (All throughout our journey, the door couldn't be used)

Back home sent to the mechanic. Mechanic said high possibility of someone trying to force open the door by inserting something coz there is some dented markings.

dont know if it's the car or the cheap kiddy toys and sweaters in the car that caused potential car thieves to force open the door. Thank God, nothing bad turned out.

We usually rent cars from Hertz JB to drive around M'sia. But just for this trip, we thought, 'Oh well, what could possibly happened!' - what can i say, that was a close shave of hubby losing his dear car.

looks like a car thief attempted to use a master key to break in but unsuccessfully. I believe the car was a old model car? can share make and model?

agree that all things to leave in the boot.. preferbly make the car looks empty...