Travelling with a toddler

BBGenise

Hi I need advice. My hubby and myelf are going to Bangkok on 12 June to 16 June 2009 with my 16 mth toddler. We have booked the air tickets and hotel in March. How's the situation like in Bangkok? Is it safe? Moreever, due to swine flu outbreak, I am uncertain whether to go or not. I need advice and especially anybody has gone to Bangkok recently with children. Thank you and looking forward to your reply or you can reply me through my email. glad4ever2002@yahoo.com.sg

Thank you...Will be waiting for your advice......

sunesis_82

Hi I need advice. My hubby and myelf are going to Bangkok on 12 June to 16 June 2009 with my 16 month toddler. We have booked the air tickets and hotel in March. How's the situation like in Bangkok? Is it safe? Moreever, due to swine flu outbreak, I am uncertain whether to go or not. I need advice and especially anybody has gone to Bangkok recently with children. Thank you and looking forward to your reply or you can reply me through my email. glad4ever2002@yahoo.com.sg

Thank you...Will be waiting for your advice......
I guess it really depends on the individual. I'm in a similar situation too and worst still... I am travelling to Hong Kong (with 23 swine flu cases as of 30 May 09). Been following every news on swine flu... I checked with the pediatrician yesterday when i bring my 15mth old for flu vaccine, she said she can't advise. It seems like swine flu is similar to the common seasonal flu, not fatal but its more of the hassle of the quarantine. I'm quite reluctant to cancel my trip so I get my toddler the flu vaccine as a precaution. I'm thinking of getting the vaccine for myself too. The vaccine takes effect after 7-10days, so you better hurry if you decide to go.

huiling

i going genting during june also & i also going to take e flu jab for my kids & myshelf...........:err:

BBGenise

Hi Thanks for responding ... I brought my ger for the jab on 1st June at Raffles medical clinic...One jab is about $26.00 after gst.

The doctor told me that usually for toddlers who are under 2 years old, they require 2 jabs.
My little ger has her first jab on 1st of June however she only able to have a 2nd jab after 6 weeks which will be in July.
One flu vaccine jab for toddler only able to cover 50 per cent. She still go for the jab as we are leaving to bk on 12 June...She is protected only 50 percent. I feel better than nothing.

After the jab, she showed some symptons..like mild flu and mild fever....After taking the medicine, she is much better. Thus , you need to monitor your child. As these symptons appeared in the nite..when my toddler is sleeping..

I take precaution by bringing masks and sanitizer, flu, fever medcine.... ....and will bring them during my 5 days trips in bk.........
Thank you for ur reply. Enjoy ur trip.........and haf fun.....with ur kid..