Treated unfairly

siling87

I m a single mum and as for that i doesn't want anyone to think that i m not capable of raising him up om my own.
So i decided to enroll my son in a so-called reputation childcare. the fees is affordable after sibidy(working mum).
I reported as single mum in the childcare, in the end they treated my son unfairly.
Other's got injure, they reported, wrote a report and asked te parents to sign.
But as for my son, He got himself a few bruises by falling down. It was serious and he had to consult a docter. But they just call and harshly said a few words. Without giving me a clear statment.
I eventually Complain about it. Not because of the injury, but the unfairly treatment.
They said it my son's fault being active and give me a withdrawal letter to withdraw my son out. They force me to withdraw and if i dun summit the withdraw form i couldn't be able to get back my money.
what should i do. I seek MCYS for help but it sound useless!

The sch is T*wNsK*d*.

chachaleo

So far i have never heard about childcare centres or schools that treat single parents unfairly. But from what you said, they are very unprofessional and i think it's just as well that your son leave the childcare centre. Perhaps another centre can provide a better care for your son. Have you tried making a complaint to your MP?

eelynn

I m a single mum and as for that i doesn't want anyone to think that i m not capable of raising him up om my own.
So i decided to enroll my son in a so-called reputation childcare. the fees is affordable after sibidy(working mum).
I reported as single mum in the childcare, in the end they treated my son unfairly.
Other's got injure, they reported, wrote a report and asked te parents to sign.
But as for my son, He got himself a few bruises by falling down. It was serious and he had to consult a docter. But they just call and harshly said a few words. Without giving me a clear statment.
I eventually Complain about it. Not because of the injury, but the unfairly treatment.
They said it my son's fault being active and give me a withdrawal letter to withdraw my son out. They force me to withdraw and if i dun summit the withdraw form i couldn't be able to get back my money.
what should i do. I seek MCYS for help but it sound useless!

The sch is T*wNsK*d*.
Its very sad to hear such things. If i were u, i will make a big huha abt it in school. If u feel they hv treated ur son unfairly, u shd might as well leave the centre. Since they can blame ur son for being active n i dnt think they r a so-called reputation centre as they r not a responsible centre. I rather u find another childcare n move on.

summersweetz

Your situation is very sad. By right the school has to document your child's injury in a LOG BOOK that is shown to MCYS. Furthermore, they are required to give you a complete explaination on what happened. You should have asked to see the director of the school and ask for an explaination for being treated badly. Did you get your refund?
Please do your son a favour and find him another school where they are not bias. I used to work in a childcare for years, and there are a handful of parents that are separated/ single parents.
Do not allow these people make you feel uncomfortable. You are doing the right thing by giving your child the best in life. Your child should be blessed to have a loving mum like you.

DodoTan

I think you should make a formal complaint to CASE. Even if they can't do anything for you, at least it will be on file and if ever other similar complaints about the same place comes up, they will definitely do something about it.

Consumers Association of Singapore

daberdew

I think you should make a formal complaint to CASE. Even if they can't do anything for you, at least it will be on file and if ever other similar complaints about the same place comes up, they will definitely do something about it.

Consumers Association of Singapore
I agree. You never know, maybe there are already others that also lodged complaints against the centre before. If so, CASE will definitely pay more attention to this centre for possible investigations.

As for your child, it might be good to change to another centre!