Treated unfairly

siling87

I m a single mum and as for that i doesn't want anyone to think that i m not capable of raising him up om my own.
So i decided to enroll my son in a so-called reputation childcare. the fees is affordable after sibidy(working mum).
I reported as single mum in the childcare, in the end they treated my son unfairly.
Other's got injure, they reported, wrote a report and asked the parents to sign.
But as for my son, He got himself a few bruises by falling down. It was serious and he had to consult a docter. But they just call and harshly said a few words. Without giving me a clear statment.
I eventually Complain about it. Not because of the injury, but the unfairly treatment. :embarrassed:
They said it my son's fault being active and give me a withdrawal letter to withdraw my son out. They force me to withdraw and if i dun summit the withdrawal form i couldn't be able to get back my money.
what should i do. I seek MCYS for help but it sound useless!

The sch is T*wNsfo*K*d childcare centre*.

dek2k8

Alpha Male
I m a single mum and as for that i doesn't want anyone to think that i m not capable of raising him up om my own.
So i decided to enroll my son in a so-called reputation childcare. the fees is affordable after sibidy(working mum).
I reported as single mum in the childcare, in the end they treated my son unfairly.
Other's got injure, they reported, wrote a report and asked the parents to sign.
But as for my son, He got himself a few bruises by falling down. It was serious and he had to consult a docter. But they just call and harshly said a few words. Without giving me a clear statment.
I eventually Complain about it. Not because of the injury, but the unfairly treatment. :embarrassed:
They said it my son's fault being active and give me a withdrawal letter to withdraw my son out. They force me to withdraw and if i dun summit the withdrawal form i couldn't be able to get back my money.
what should i do. I seek MCYS for help but it sound useless!

The sch is T*wNsfo*K*d childcare centre*.
why not,
should face the problem and try to solve it.
can't easily give up.
it is our responsibilty ...

CASH139

Alpha Male
hi. am a single father too. Had some bad experience from these centres as well.

Mine suggestion.... pull him out immediately and look for a better school with teachers of angel hearts!!! ask around before enrol him. Do not insist on staying in that school, cos most likely he will be treated not the normal way!!!!! Settle your kid, then you settle with that school! kid come first!!!!

While my son was away from me , with his mother; he was placed in a child care. This child care is those usual type under HDB blocks. May be due to the mother's behaviour, that the staff of the centre start to treat my son differently. My PI gave me the report, yet i do not believe. I went down to the centre one day to do a surprise check.

Maybe am lucky or they are unlucky....
As they recognised me, i asked my PI to help out. One man (PI's staff) dressed as maintenance worker; and he has a spy camera hooked on him to capture image in the centre. After 20 min of viewing in a car, i saw a disturbing situation, which a rush into the centre to demand for explanation...... I saw on the 7" screen... a small boy been constantly pointed at by all the staff (teachers and helper aunties) with their fingers and the boy been cornered to one end. Then all of them move back and kept laughing. Yet my son was crying badly at the other corner.

I remembered 2 last thing i told the principal.
1. i reserved the rights to pursue the matter.
2. no matter what wrong things adults had made, it has nothing to do with the kids. Kids are innocent! You may not like single parent or do not like the behaviour of my ex-spouse, that is adults matters....do not take on the kids.

Eventually am abled to settle outside court with ex-spouse and my son is happily with me now. But he hate school extremely now, even one and half year had passed. He hate it to the extent that when we walked past a police post under a HDB block, he will cry and hide. As the police post structure is similar to the centre under the HDB block.
So now am a poor stay-at-home father, earning less then 1% of my past income monthly, but am happy as day by day i see my son improve with confidence and recently able to attend a 2 hour play group on his own.

So PAL, remember kid come first. Money lost is secondary (even they dont refund you):tlaugh:

Porukadotzu

omg, i'm so surprised tat there's such a school treated kids with single parents so unfairly. I agree if you withdraw your kid from those childcare rightaway, if it happen to me i'd do the same too. I don't want to pay and get my kid treated unfairly. waste of money and add stresss to my kid.

-SRI-

wahhh......:elvis: thks for sharing.. i'm a single mum to be... Hope in future my child wont be treated so unfairly... :we2skeptical:

EnFlor

Gosh, i read some of the earlier posts about unfair treatment to young kids coming from single-parent background.

Those educators / care-givers are simply heartless.

myangela

Thanks for sharing tis..... Don't like these care-givers treating single-parent background kids how can they do this i agreed wz cash139 kids are innocent wat ever the adults have done don't take it out on their kids.... poor thing!

siling87

Thank for all the helpful suggestion.
I've enroll my son in a PAP childcare.The teacher there are much caring than the previous one.(arrogant and rude).
Even though he can't really learn much there but aleast he is well taken there. But somehow he cries whenever he reach his current childcare, was trying to cope with this issue.
As for the previous childcare. I've decided not to persuade the matter anymore.
I've got not enough evident against them--> i dun have any black and white of them miss taken care of my son, as the principle alway refuse to write any report to me. so there's nothing i can do.
All i could do is letting everyone one know that there's still such a childcare exist.(Treating single parent so unfairly).
And i think there's nothing wrong with my teaching and discipline. It only everyone thinking that single mother's kid is alway bad.

Hopefully one day, everyone will look up on us and our kids!
Jia you, every single parent!

Ridiculous!!! the marital status of the child's parents got whta to do with the kid?

Is still a kid.....

dumb ppl...... narrow minded...... stupid fools....

just withdraw ur kid and write to straits time etc

Amulet

emmm.... what is the T*wNsfo*K*d ? dun mind to tell me in fullname what is that childcare center name? do PM me if putting here not allowed.
so we will be aware for this childcare. thanks for the info.
yeah.. can PM me on the name also?

Thanks!

singlemum63

Hi
I can understand your frustrations, as my son was discreminated in his school. So do be careful when you enrol him in primary school. Educators these days are purely results-oriented people. They do not understand and empathise that single parents like us are working doubly hard for a normal life.

SinglePapa

I seriously feel the anger for all of you.

Seriously, how many of today's educators are doing what they are doing for noble & altruistic reasons?
As a matter of fact, most childcare set-ups are there because it's a lucrative business ...
What is usually deemed "reputable" can be merely based on another person's word ...
So, choosing the right things for our children is a very tricky art in itself.

Just wanna wish every single parent here ... GOOD LUCK!! :Dancing_tongue:

Last edited:

SinglePapa

CASH139 said:
So now am a poor stay-at-home father, earning less then 1% of my past income monthly, but am happy as day by day i see my son improve with confidence and recently able to attend a 2 hour play group on his own.
Care to share how you manage to get by? :red:

I share your view totally ... on how rewarding & fulfilling it can be to invest personal time & everything else into our children's upbringing.

However, after having been a stay-at-home dad for the last year or so ... my reserve funds are quickly running out. It seems I'd need to seek employment pretty soon ... so, I'd appreciate if you'd share a tip or two on how I could carry on being a stay-at-home dad.

Last edited:
well, it is truly unfortunate to meet such nasty people at schools.

Personally, I feel that no matter the parent is single or married, it is the child that we should be concerned about.

as for the home support, i have experienced cases where the child comes from rich background, parents have all the time for the kid..still the kid is "beyond control". so how?

just dont generalise...

sorry that some of you have such bad experiences. hopefully i will not become nasty one day towards my students also~

If this happens to me, I will write to Straits Time forum and complain.

Not that I making a big fuss but these ppl just need to learn their lesson

They must know as adults, they need to face the responsibility for their actions and if you are speaking nothing but the truth, you have 100% ground to complain and make known to public

Ting

im a single mum too. ( n to those who knows me, yeah im back :D)

anyways, my girl is currently in The Little Skool House.
n i think it is great there.
i signed on as a single parent, n the principal n trs there hv no issues abt it.
very frenly n nice.
esp the principal, i think knowing my situation, she charge me cheaper than normal rates, but tts wat i concluded la. :)