troubled.....

pinkytham

any mummies out there who can advice me?

my pet dog doesn't like my ger.....bit her the other day....
if hubby noe than die liao......
cause he dun really like the dog as she is naughty most of the times...always anyhw urinate...
and if my ger's blanket or toys on the floor doggy will also urinate on it =(
seems that shes jealous of my ger haiz....

(adopted her back at the age of 5 yrs) so h0ard to train....
the person who gave her up still sae paper trained =(

what should i do now???

mag_huiling

any mummies out there who can advice me?

my pet dog doesn't like my ger.....bit her the other day....
if hubby know than die ......
cause he dont really like the dog as she is naughty most of the times...always anyhw urinate...
and if my ger's blanket or toys on the floor doggy will also urinate on it =(
seems that shes jealous of my ger sigh....

(adopted her back at the age of 5 yrs) so h0ard to train....
the person who gave her up still sae paper trained =(

what should i do now???
your dog bit your girl?!!!

In this case, you have to consider giving your dog up for adoption, although it'll be abit hard for you to do it. But for the sake of your girl, please do consider CAREFULLY.

Do you want your dog to bit your girl again? If your dog urinate on your girl's items w/o you knowing and your girl puts those things in her mouth, what will it caused/happen??!!!

AugBoyz

dog feel threaten by ur ger's presence. my male dog used to do wat ur doggie is doing; pee n poo near my monster's mattress or things (he is toilet trained). But he dotes on my monster, will not bite or fight back or bark even when my monster pull his fur n yanked a handful of it off him. We gave up the dog eventually coz he makes so much mess every other minute. For the sake of my monster's well being n health, we decided to let him go.

Biting is serious, either u keep her fenced up or on leash or risk having another attack.

Having said that, you are sure she bites ur ger n not playing? U know some dogs play by biting but not those really hard n painful draw blood bites.

Last edited:

angelwendy

If ur dog bite ur gal.. i think u gotta give it up... if not it will get worst... i know is heartbreaking... but for ur gal sake... no choice...:nah:

sufeit0115

My mum's dog likes to play with my baby, sometimes he is not really biting and is just playful, but we must be watchful cos his so called "bite and playful acts"(like sudden jump on baby) even though not intentional but can still cause injuries to the delicate skin of baby.

Is your dog's bite those intentional and aggresive type? If yes, it's best to give it away for adoption.

I understand your feeling. It's hard to bear to give away your dog for adoption cos he is like one of your family member.

Ashbaby

I think u didnt introduce ur baby to ur dog properly. I believe the dog feel jealous becos all the attention is now on ur girl. I suggest u spend sometime with ur dog. Giving away ur dog is not a good solution. If not get a professional dog trainer for help. If u need ctc let me know.

My dogs and DS get along very well. Becos I allocate time for dogs, baby and both together. So my dogs dont feel jealous of my baby.

pinkytham

cause i was around my ger just bend to touch the doggy's back and the doggy just turned and snapped at her...
lucky my ger was wearing a long sleeved shirt and the outcome was 2 blue black hole =(

guess the best way is to let the dog go...
feel sad =(
maybe this is life cant have the best of both worlds.
really admire and envy those mummies whio have pet whom dote on thier children

dog feel threaten by your ger's presence. my male dog used to do what your doggie is doing; pee n poo near my monster's mattress or things (he is toilet trained). But he dotes on my monster, will not bite or fight back or bark even when my monster pull his fur n yanked a handful of it off him. We gave up the dog eventually coz he makes so much mess every other minute. For the sake of my monster's well being n health, we decided to let him go.

Biting is serious, either you keep her fenced up or on leash or risk having another attack.

Having said that, you are sure she bites your ger n not playing? you know some dogs play by biting but not those really hard n painful draw blood bites.

vinder79

I really understand how u feel u see i had 3 dogs last year and i was preggie with 2 nd baby.When i was 5 mths preggy gyne said my baby had a problem.How was i and my maid gonna handle 3 dogs 1 15 mths old and 1 baby w kidney problem???
I have been keeping my eldest dog for 6 yrs since she was 3 mths old.When i had my miscarriges she was with me.I was crying my heart out to her.Then 1 yr later someone gave me their 2 yr old maltese male.They mated and she gave birth on my anniversary day.I got gd homes for their kids but i kept 1.Peanut a lovely but naughty girl.So in 2007 i had 2 adult and 1 puppy.
When i gave birth to my no1 in 08 peanut followed me to my mum house for confiment cause she could not be seperated from me.She would cry.
4 my 2nd pregnancy when told my baby problem i made a decision to give peanut and her daddy max away.No one would take them as a pair so i seperated them.The mummy was with me till aug 26 and when i gave birth my husband sent her to our friend who owns a pet hotel to board for 1 yr.
I will be bringing her back after no2 turns 1 as i have more space for her now and baby is better.
bUT WHENEVER i go out and see a beautiful brown and white shih tzu my heart cries for my dogs who saw me through my darkest hours but i know i did whats best for them and my baby.
I relly feel for u but i think your dog has had you alone for so long that now it is jealous and not going to share u.Well to keep your conscience clear,find a good home for the doggy.

pinkytham

Ya intend to do tat I kept her for 2 yrs only ={ but nw very hard to find a good home u gt friends wanna adopt and are dog lovers??

I really understand how you feel you see i had 3 dogs last year and i was preggie with 2 need baby.When i was 5 mths preggy gyne said my baby had a problem.How was i and my maid gonna handle 3 dogs 1 15 mths old and 1 baby w kidney problem???
I have been keeping my eldest dog for 6 yrs since she was 3 mths old.When i had my miscarriges she was with me.I was crying my heart out to her.Then 1 yr later someone gave me their 2 yr old maltese male.They mated and she gave birth on my anniversary day.I got good homes for their kids but i kept 1.Peanut a lovely but naughty girl.So in 2007 i had 2 adult and 1 puppy.
When i gave birth to my no1 in 08 peanut followed me to my mum house for confiment cause she could not be seperated from me.She would cry.
4 my 2nd pregnancy when told my baby problem i made a decision to give peanut and her daddy max away.No one would take them as a pair so i seperated them.The mummy was with me till aug 26 and when i gave birth my husband sent her to our friend who owns a pet hotel to board for 1 yr.
I will be bringing her back after no2 turns 1 as i have more space for her now and baby is better.
bUT WHENEVER i go out and see a beautiful brown and white shih tzu my heart cries for my dogs who saw me through my darkest hours but i know i did whats best for them and my baby.
I relly feel for you but i think your dog has had you alone for so long that now it is jealous and not going to share you.Well to keep your conscience clear,find a good home for the doggy.

chrisgal

my dog gad been wit us for 13 years since he was 4mths old! he is a very notti dog... and he gets very very jealous about my bb... he sticks to my mum most of the time, the whole family dotes him and love him so much.... 4weeks ago, he bit my mum hands... till her hand is swollen like apig leg! he will bark n bark non stop when we fence him in kitchen to seprate him from my bb... so weh he bark, me n my mum will scold him, bb learn the way we shout... and i noe it's reli a not very good for his upbringing, so when the incident happen , my mum decide to put my dearest dog to slp~! though very heart broken, very sad, till now, i still not use to not having my dog ard~! 13 years of r/s, i feel so sorry for him.... but for the sake of my bb we have to let him go~! now is bite my mum's hand till swollen like a apig leg, i cant imagine if he attacked my 13mth bb~!

sometime, hard decision have to be make! thinking of sending him to spca, bu he is an old dog, sure will put to slp in the end! so we decided to find but of vet doc, let him do the job... he came to our hse downstair and colect my dog and drive it off.... but now.. i beleive my dear bobby had gone to a world of more happinees and lots of fren playing wit him! he still stays in our hearts:embarrassed:

Mum2bee

do nt put ur dog to zzz just bcos their old and feel that no one will adopt them,put a threat to ur baby etc etc

we as dog owners must be responsible..just like 1 of the mommies her had stated the way we introduce the baby to the dog.
And of cos alot alot more...

Last edited:

pinkytham

No I never thought of putting the dog to sleep....have thought it through and decided to give it to another owner =} still looking for z good one. Btw dog nonsense again pee beside baby play yard baby was playin with her urine!!!!!

and
do not put your dog to zzz just bcos their old and feel that no one will adopt them,put a threat to your baby etc etc

we as dog owners must be responsible..just like 1 of the mommies her had stated the way we introduce the baby to the dog.
And of cos alot alot more...

Mum2bee

No I never thought of putting the dog to sleep....have thought it through and decided to give it to another owner =} still looking for z good one. Btw dog nonsense again pee beside baby play yard baby was playin with her urine!!!!!

and
use vinegar plus water to wipe the area the dog pee.

Maybe for the time being u can try to bring doggy to dwstair pee or

let doggy sniff baby used stuff so that doggy will understand baby is part of the family and dun feel threaten.
Might help to stop doggy pattern
this is usually how they intro the baby to doggy

Hopefulli it helps :)

AugBoyz

cause i was around my ger just bend to touch the doggy's back and the doggy just turned and snapped at her...
lucky my ger was wearing a long sleeved shirt and the outcome was 2 blue black hole =(

guess the best way is to let the dog go...
feel sad =(
maybe this is life cant have the best of both worlds.
really admire and envy those mummies whio have pet whom dote on thier children
does ur dog like to be touched on the back? Perhaps its becoz u startled it thus it turned ard n snap.

pinkytham

actually when i preggy my doggy quite sayang baby wan
she even knows hw to paw my tummy when i sae sayang baby....
we did introduce to her the new member of the family and told her always that its a baby and no bite....
everything still the same not much changes as the daily routine still the same going for walks, playtime, etc...
but she still attitute....

but i guess might be her previous life also?
cause i actually adopted her when she was 4.5 yrs old frm another owner... she was abused and locked up in a bird's cage when i collected her at the pet shop.
very bad and serious condition which spca see sure put to sleep...
fungus on the back of her elbow, her tummy, bad paw and foot, severely bad infection ears and balding all over her.. can never forget that poor thing look thats why i brought her back and took care of her. spent few thousand on her micro chip, medication, sterilization, and the vacination and teeth cleaning blah blah.... nw she's a healthy westie!
but to my dismay, she dun appreciate what i have done, despite 2 yrs of paper train, she still anyhw pee and shit, goes up my sofa to pee, pee on the bed, pee on my ger's stuff really heartbroken le =( also worsen mi and hubby relationship as he's a clean guy and got really worked up when all these happened....dad also scolded mi sae i backside itchy brought back this useless dog, waste money, waste time and hurt relationship...sianz.....

thats y nw really no choice but wan to gif it up to a good owner =D
kindly let me know if there is anyone who wants to adopt her =D

use vinegar plus water to wipe the area the dog pee.

Maybe for the time being you can try to bring doggy to dwstair pee or

let doggy sniff baby used stuff so that doggy will understand baby is part of the family and dont feel threaten.
Might help to stop doggy pattern
this is usually how they intro the baby to doggy

Hopefulli it helps :)

Mum2bee

actually when i preggy my doggy quite sayang baby want
she even knows hw to paw my tummy when i sae sayang baby....
we did introduce to her the new member of the family and told her always that its a baby and no bite....
everything still the same not much changes as the daily routine still the same going for walks, playtime, etc...
but she still attitute....

but i guess might be her previous life also?
cause i actually adopted her when she was 4.5 yrs old frm another owner... she was abused and locked up in a bird's cage when i collected her at the pet shop.
very bad and serious condition which spca see sure put to sleep...
fungus on the back of her elbow, her tummy, bad paw and foot, severely bad infection ears and balding all over her.. can never forget that poor thing look thats why i brought her back and took care of her. spent few thousand on her micro chip, medication, sterilization, and the vacination and teeth cleaning blah blah.... now she's a healthy westie!
but to my dismay, she dont appreciate what i have done, despite 2 yrs of paper train, she still anyhw pee and shit, goes up my sofa to pee, pee on the bed, pee on my ger's stuff really heartbroken =( also worsen mi and hubby relationship as he's a clean guy and got really worked up when all these happened....dad also scolded mi sae i backside itchy brought back this useless dog, waste money, waste time and hurt relationship...sianz.....

thats y now really no choice but want to give it up to a good owner =D
kindly let me know if there is anyone who wants to adopt her =D
haiz....try nt be too stress k....relax abit lo....which i know it is tough :(
cos i say is easier
i personally own 3 dogs with my hubby so i sort of can understand how u feel.somemore is ur baby we are toking abt here...
u can try post in pet forum....hopefuli got nice pple able to adopt her
u take gd care sweetie