TTC for 3 years

lyra

Hi! I am recently married and have been trying to concieve for 2 months. 1st month failed, we thought nvm, try again. So this month, I missed the actual period date for 2 days and I felt nauseous sometimes, so I excitedly bought a test kit, then today, period came. sigh... :msad:

ishaura

Hi lyra, i know how you feel. I've been married for about 8 mths now and also trying for my first baby. One of the mths i missed my period for 1 mth and i thought we got lucky! but..false hope... so don't give up. Now don't want to expect too much and keep on trying..i started to eat supplements like folic acid and evening primrose oil...Hopefully can conceive by this year..

lyra

Hi lyra, i know how you feel. I've been married for about 8 mths now and also trying for my first baby. One of the mths i missed my period for 1 month and i thought we got lucky! but..false hope... so dont't give up. Now dont't want to expect too much and keep on trying..i started to eat supplements like folic acid and evening primrose oil...Hopefully can conceive by this year..
Hi Ishaura, gd luck to u! I'll not give up! Trying again after this mth's period. Hope to give my loved ones good news soon :) :Dancing_wub:
I was taking evening primrose but I read on the label that I need to consult doctor if pregnant so I scared it might affect developing fetus if I am pregnant so I stop taking it. I'm now taking a herbal med my mother in law bought and it is written that there is no contraindication. I am also taking vitamin C-500mg. Is there a need to take folic acid now? How does it help u?

JJDad

Hi Ishaura, gd luck to u! I'll not give up! Trying again after this mth's period. Hope to give my loved ones good news soon :) :Dancing_wub:
I was taking evening primrose but I read on the label that I need to consult doctor if pregnant so I scared it might affect developing fetus if I am pregnant so I stop taking it. I'm now taking a herbal med my mother in law bought and it is written that there is no contraindication. I am also taking vitamin C-500mg. Is there a need to take folic acid now? How does it help u?
FYI I tried 2 yrs b4 my 1st child was conceived. so keep trying yah? yes u can take folic acid when trying to conceive. if u want, u can go n take some tests to confirm that ur body is fit to conceive, for instance, any blocked falopian tube, etc. for ur husband, he can go for semen analysis to check his quality n quantity of sperms. gd luck!

ishaura

Hi Ishaura, good luck to you! I'll not give up! Trying again after this month's period. Hope to give my loved ones good news soon :) :Dancing_wub:
I was taking evening primrose but I read on the label that I need to consult doctor if pregnant so I scared it might affect developing fetus if I am pregnant so I stop taking it. I'm now taking a herbal med my mother in law bought and it is written that there is no contraindication. I am also taking vitamin C-500mg. Is there a need to take folic acid now? How does it help you?
Hi lyra, yes i read that taking folic acid before and during pregnancy is good for the baby...as for evening primrose, i took it because my menses wasn't regular for the past few months..this mth it came on time..but i might stop it when i get pregnant.

ishaura

FYI I tried 2 yrs b4 my 1st child was conceived. so keep trying yah? yes u can take folic acid when trying to conceive. if u want, u can go n take some tests to confirm that ur body is fit to conceive, for instance, any blocked falopian tube, etc. for ur husband, he can go for semen analysis to check his quality n quantity of sperms. gd luck!
wow 2 years..did you go and take some tests too? I'm giving myself till this year to try..if not might consider going for some tests..pray for me yar!

lyra

FYI I tried 2 yrs before my 1st child was conceived. so keep trying yah? yes you can take folic acid when trying to conceive. if you want, you can go n take some tests to confirm that your body is fit to conceive, for instance, any blocked falopian tube, etc. for your husband, he can go for semen analysis to check his quality n quantity of sperms. good luck!
I'm going to try for a few months first. If I dun conceive by June, I might consider going for test with my husband. My husband was telling me not to worry too much and let nature take its course as we were just married. But haiz I just hope to have one as soon as possible :)

lyra

Hi ishaura,

during your 2ww, please do not take evening primrose. evening primrose regulate your menses but will also prevent your fertilised embryo from attaching to your womb lining. hence for trying to concieve, it is best to avoid taking evening primrose or only take from your menses til ovulation day. instead, why not try royal jelly with bee pollen? it helps to balance hormones, improve ovulation which in turns improve your menses to be more regular.
Oic! Thanks for informing, babydustshop! I shall stop my evening primrose pill too.

LuvMummy

Hi ishaura,

during your 2ww, please do not take evening primrose. evening primrose regulate your menses but will also prevent your fertilised embryo from attaching to your womb lining. hence for TTC, it is best to avoid taking evening primrose or only take from your menses til ovulation day. instead, why not try royal jelly with bee pollen? it helps to balance hormones, improve ovulation which in turns improve your menses to be more regular.
Hi BabyDustshop,
I happened to read this thread, and saw that Royal Jelly with Bee pollen actuallie helps improve ovulation? wow thats great! cos according to my BBT chart and from my Gynae, it shows that i am not been ovulating well :(

is there any other ways that can also improve my ovulating ?

rover

i have been ttc for 3 years as well.. really really bad. Even though everyone seems okay about it i just feel the immense pressure heaping on me. I am 28 this year. am afraid as i become older, the chances grow slimmer as well.

LuvMummy

i have been ttc for 3 years as well.. really really bad. Even though everyone seems okay about it i just feel the immense pressure heaping on me. I am 28 this year. am afraid as i become older, the chances grow slimmer as well.
am 30 this year, been married for whooping 2 years :) but aniwaes i'm sure one day the time will come for us to celebrate joyous occasion of our offsprings. dont be despair kz... have you seen Gynae that can help you? or sinseh? i'm currently seeing gynae cos my BBT chart shows i'm not ovulating well :((

LuvMummy

Hi Luvmommy,

You may consider improving your diet eg opt for balanced diet and wholemeal. Also, try to cut down eating chicken especially chicken wings and also salmon. Farm fed salmon and chicken have many antibodies injected during their growth which is bad for our bodies. Try to opt for more organic meat. Regular exercise will improve blood circulation, purge out toxins and improve overall health being. This in turn will balance your hormones which can help your ovulation. Imbalance hormones result in unable to ovulate or late ovulation. You try to brisk walk 2-3 times a week, go for foot reflex which also helps to improve blood circulation. You can also try taking royal jelly with bee pollen which helps to improve quality and timing of ovulation. I have quite a number of friends who only have menses once every 2-3 months seen improvement in their cycle with earlier ovulation after taking royal jelly with bee pollen within 3 months. Royal Jelly with bee pollen is also good for men to improve sperms qualtiy.
tks babydustshop for the advises :) can i get the royal jelly with bee pollen outside or shud i buy from your website? and yea i'm not exercising well, in fact didnt exercise at all! erkz!!

JJDad

wow 2 years..did you go and take some tests too? I'm giving myself till this year to try..if not might consider going for some tests..pray for me yar!
yes 2 yrs. that was considered very long. I have done 3 semen analysis, 1 in KKH and 2 in TMC. all test results were not good. moreover my wife's menses was irregular, so difficult to conceive. was abt to try out IVF and soon found out she was pregnant. quite lucky.

JJDad

I'm going to try for a few months first. If I dun conceive by June, I might consider going for test with my husband. My husband was telling me not to worry too much and let nature take its course as we were just married. But haiz I just hope to have one as soon as possible :)
how long have u been married? I agree that u shd give urself some time b4 going for tests. find out roughly when is ur fertile period after ur menses and ML at the right time. this will increase the chances of conceiving greatly. but having said that, ML in this way may become a "schedule" rather than depending on mood. we will tend to "do it for the sake of doing it". so u gauge urself ok?

JJDad

3 yrs may be a bit long for conceiving. go for tests. dun wait anymore. btw 28 is not old.

gingertea

Hi All,

I just found this forum. I think it help me feeling better that i can have someone to share and to advice. I have been TTC for almost 5 yrs, nothing stirring leaving me half hearted. Im already 34 and im so desperate to have a baby. I really dunno what to do , Im now doing whatever i can to conceive. please, all if you have some good advice, please PM me or advice me. Both of us went to body checkup and we are alright.

Im thinking I might to too stress :(

JJDad

Hi All,

I just found this forum. I think it help me feeling better that i can have someone to share and to advice. I have been TTC for almost 5 yrs, nothing stirring leaving me half hearted. Im already 34 and im so desperate to have a baby. I really dunno what to do , Im now doing whatever i can to conceive. please, all if you have some good advice, please PM me or advice me. Both of us went to body checkup and we are alright.

browse the related threads abt conceiving and u can find lots of advices. if both of u r alright, then its best u engaged in a gd gynae or women's doc so that he/she can prescribe to both of u some supplements to enhance the fertility and increase the chances of conceiving. me and my wife went to visit a gynae regularly and was prescribed folic acid (my wife). multi-vitamins and testoterone for me.

my wife take her temperature daily in the morning once she wakes up and plot a chart out to determine when is her ovulation. If she is ovulating, then "action" takes place....
hehee...I always raise her legs up after I ejaculate inside her which I heard some of the ppl say that it can help the sperm to flow faster inside. true or not, we juz tried. We also tried whatever ways we can. even visited a Chinese physician to enhance the kidney's operation which according to them is vital for conceiving. I also took cordeceys which has proven beneficial for men's sexual health.

Gen X

Hi rover,

Do go for some fertility checks since you have been trying to concieve for 3 years. You can opt to do bloodtest on CD 2 and CD 21 to check on your hormones, HSG test to make sure your tubes are not blocked and also a sperm analysis test for your hubby to check on sperm quality. BTW, 28 is not old at all! dont't worry!
Hi thanks for the info. Which test would u say is most important? HSG? I'm going for a pelvis ultrasound next week. Would u know what it's for? Gynae had recommended it sometime ago but hubby and I thought we'd just try for a few months first. So far no success, so I finally decided to get the ultrasound done.

Gen X

Hi All,

Hi gingertea, don't give up! I know how you feel. I'm a bit older than you so I'm also getting worried! But I tell myself not to get stressed about it as I've heard from so many people that u really need to be relaxed, otherwise it just won't happen. Somehow stress is just not conducive for conceiving!!

Have u done all the necessary fertility checks and scans? This forum has lots of helpful tips on the types of supplements u can take, TCM, the types of food that help to boost fertility, etc. But the most important thing is to keep trying and to stay positive! Hang in there!

gingertea

Due to my hectic work schedule, im stressed and stress. I dun think i have the time to read thru every thread and every comments. Yeah, did some scans and check up few years back-together with Hubby. Things are okay. Hubby really takes thing easy. But im desperate. Always felt that I can do better, conceive soon but always end up disappointed. Some times, i cried myself to bed cos i felt so hopeless. haiz.....

I have just read some comment, I will try with the Royal jelly and honey... Try to have a balance meal using organic ingredient...now sourcing for cheap organic ingredient...U wanna share more with me?

Hi gingertea, don't give up! I know how you feel. I'm a bit older than you so I'm also getting worried! But I tell myself not to get stressed about it as I've heard from so many people that u really need to be relaxed, otherwise it just won't happen. Somehow stress is just not conducive for conceiving!!

Have u done all the necessary fertility checks and scans? This forum has lots of helpful tips on the types of supplements u can take, TCM, the types of food that help to boost fertility, etc. But the most important thing is to keep trying and to stay positive! Hang in there!