TTC successfully or finding a job first?

jal

Ladies, if you are trying very hard for your first child & you are currently out of a job, would you focus on finding a job FIRST before TTC? Or would u TTC AND at the same time, try to find a job? (bearing in mind that you may get pregnant soon after u find one & employer may be unhappy with you).

J

justforgags

Ladies, if you are trying very hard for your first child & you are currently out of a job, would you focus on finding a job FIRST before TTC? Or would u TTC AND at the same time, try to find a job? (bearing in mind that you may get pregnant soon after u find one & employer may be unhappy with you).

ahaks;) talkin bout jobs.. my DH attended our company financial meeting yest n were discussing bout the bonus which is comin tis july.. Its gonna b x6 based on our last yr perfomance but yet to confirm.. I was talkin to my DH yest tt if the bonus is comin up n my 2ww becomes a miracle for us tt we're finally a parent to be how am i gonna decide quit or??? My DH paused for a moment n answered quit lor, money cnt gv happiness at times=( but if the lord gave me the trust i'll quit the job n nevermind the good bonus.. I would rather hv tis joy tt cnt buy with $$$...

For ur ques abv rite, if it were to be me wen im currently jobless n ttc i wud still find a job but a part time job to lessen my DH burden.. Hv to help each other mah in marriage life.. I jz dun like to c my DH struggle alone.. Jz my 2cents=)

jal

ahaks;) talkin bout jobs.. my DH attended our company financial meeting yest n were discussing bout the bonus which is comin tis july.. Its gonna b x6 based on our last yr perfomance but yet to confirm.. I was talkin to my DH yest tt if the bonus is comin up n my 2ww becomes a miracle for us tt we're finally a parent to be how am i gonna decide quit or??? My DH paused for a moment n answered quit lor, money cnt gv happiness at times=( but if the lord gave me the trust i'll quit the job n nevermind the good bonus.. I would rather hv tis joy tt cnt buy with $$$...

For ur ques abv rite, if it were to be me wen im currently jobless n ttc i wud still find a job but a part time job to lessen my DH burden.. Hv to help each other mah in marriage life.. I jz dun like to c my DH struggle alone.. Jz my 2cents=)
Wah!!! x6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Incredible! I am sure if you tell other people, they will have the same reaction too. Your hubby is so understanding! I am so envious!

Hmmm... What u said above is true... But can a PT job pay for your insurance bills, housing loan CPF etc??? I was retrenched in March & trying hard for my first baby. I was thinking why dun I take a break this year to try for one first? But my hubby is firmly against it as this will mean he has to pay for EVERYTHING.

JALL

I guess it really depend on you and your husband. If financially stable and your hubby don't mind supporting you then tcc first. Alternatively, if you really secure a good job, try to conceive after your probation period and if really your boss not happy then quit and rest at home. Most importantly is you are happy ;0)

J

justforgags

Wah!!! x6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Incredible! I am sure if you tell other people, they will have the same reaction too. Your hubby is so understanding! I am so envious!

Hmmm... What u said above is true... But can a PT job pay for your insurance bills, housing loan CPF etc??? I was retrenched in March & trying hard for my first baby. I was thinking why dun I take a break this year to try for one first? But my hubby is firmly against it as this will mean he has to pay for EVERYTHING.
I guess it really depend on you and your husband. If financially stable and your hubby don't mind supporting you then tcc first. Alternatively, if you really secure a good job, try to conceive after your probation period and if really your boss not happy then quit and rest at home. Most importantly is you are happy ;0)

yea, it all depends on the household financial calculations.. As for my DH, he told me tt if he were to be the sole breadwinner than hv to enjoy lesser lor n nt wat we cn enjoy nw=( but its ok cz thr is many ways tt we cn enjoy nt involving too much cash..

lawla12

well...if u ask me now, i would rather become preggie than to find a job.....i'm really stress at work n smtimes, i wonder if the stress is affecting my chances of ttc-ing......

i tink, u've to discuss wif ur DH whether he can financially support the family if u'r preggie........

finding a job when u'r preggie is indeed very hard esp when the market is quite bad now.......come to worse, get a temp job (earn abit of $, better than zero income).......but during ur maternity leave, u wont get paid ya....

If u'r in luck n manage to find a company tat is willing to employ u, u've to find out abt the company policy for maternity leave. Some companies will haf those policy where u've to work 1 full yr b4 u'r entitle for maternity leave. U'll haf to check it out ya.

like wad i mention, its really not easy to get preggie esp wif the stress.....its really a blessing to get preggie ya.....

apollo

i was also in a dilemma when i was ttc cos i was out of job too.. in e end we still decided to try for baby 1st...

reason is: if i'm preg,aft giving birth, i will also hav to quit my job cos no one is gonna take care of my BB... getting a maid is impossible as we dun feel safe for maid to take care of NB unless my bb is older... getting nanny to take care, it might cost alot too...

i can say i didnt really regret the decision cos hor my whole pregnancy will very tough and imagine if i am wking, i sure cannot take it and gonna quit b4 i gif birth too..

but do be prepare if ur hubby is going to be a sole breadwinner, ur hav to cut down on certain spending, unless ur hubby is earning alot :tlaugh:

MsKoh1973

I just posted to another department in may, now ttc, but lucky for me, I was previously preg when I went for interview, tho I loss it, so I think my new boss is "expecting" that I have some kind of family planning.

Lucky I have some savings, worse case, no bonus, so long has basic pay, I happy liao.

26JMC

Yes.. i agree with u.. when i was pregnant, i feel like quiting and rest for the 1st 3mths at least. the work stress i was feeling was too high at that time which i believe also got an impact on my pregnancy..

i rather to rest and ttc cos bb is precious than job. job is just giving us $$$.. but i cant cos i dun bear to let my hubby be the solewinner ar. heee.
well...if u ask me now, i would rather become preggie than to find a job.....i'm really stress at work n smtimes, i wonder if the stress is affecting my chances of ttc-ing......

i tink, u've to discuss wif ur DH whether he can financially support the family if u'r preggie........

finding a job when u'r preggie is indeed very hard esp when the market is quite bad now.......come to worse, get a temp job (earn abit of $, better than zero income).......but during ur maternity leave, u wont get paid ya....

If u'r in luck n manage to find a company tat is willing to employ u, u've to find out abt the company policy for maternity leave. Some companies will haf those policy where u've to work 1 full yr b4 u'r entitle for maternity leave. U'll haf to check it out ya.

like wad i mention, its really not easy to get preggie esp wif the stress.....its really a blessing to get preggie ya.....

wow, mskoh1973 which company did you go for interview? can pm me? i m looking for a family oriented company to change my job. tho my current company is quite supportive but the kind of pay is hardly going to let me survive man.... my hb is on yrly contract meaning job insecurity.

jal

Since like most of the ladies here will priortise TTC first. An idea struck me after reading justforgag's post - PT job. But my thinking is, would not most of the PT jobs available be mostly telemarketing, making cold calls, etc??? Those kinds of jobs that involve 'disturbing' people & having very low success rates??? What kind of good PT jobs are available I wonder?

jal

I just posted to another department in may, now ttc, but lucky for me, I was previously preg when I went for interview, tho I loss it, so I think my new boss is "expecting" that I have some kind of family planning.

Lucky I have some savings, worse case, no bonus, so long has basic pay, I happy liao.
Hi Miss Koh,

Yes I think you are lucky in the sense that your boss is very understanding. Got lobang for me or not? LOL.

jal

wow, mskoh1973 which company did you go for interview? can pm me? i m looking for a family oriented company to change my job. tho my current company is quite supportive but the kind of pay is hardly going to let me survive man.... my hb is on yrly contract meaning job insecurity.
If you go to jobstreet, you can see some employers with a 'Healthy Work-Life Balance' mark next to their job advertisement. Most of these employers happen to be in the public sector. You can try applying.

pei

I am thinking to start a small online retail biz. What is the success rate ? hm...not sure.

jal

Hi JALL, if I managed to find a job, I dun want to wait till I pass my probation, because time & again, I have postphoned my baby-making plan due to my unstable job situation. My original plan was to try for a family when I was 27... Now I am already 29... I do not have the benefit of time on my side. As you know, it does not mean that one will conceive successfully after just 1 month... Besides, my wish is to have 2 children before I am 30, but now I know this is impossible... How I wish I can turn back the time. Sob sob...

jal

yea, it all depends on the household financial calculations.. As for my DH, he told me tt if he were to be the sole breadwinner than hv to enjoy lesser lor n nt wat we cn enjoy nw=( but its ok cz thr is many ways tt we cn enjoy nt involving too much cash..
Yeah, my hubby also told me the same thing. But after that, he will add on "why didn't u tell me when we married that you wanted to be a housewife?". Had I known, I would not have bought a 5-room flat so as to lessen the burden". At this point, I would have nothing to say because I only thought of becoming a housewife after realizing that I dun like stressful work environment (like tremendous workload, demanding boss, urgent deadlines. I hate all these!!!).
My hubby makes it sounds like it is my fault & he is blaming me... Ok ok, so in a sense, it is my fault but surely he does not have to say it this way right?

hi jal, i went through similar experience before and i actually postponed getting married due to my unstable job situation until my current job now. in fact, i was offered a job with better pay at a MNC and i was contemplating between having baby first or change job first. finally i realised my own priorities and i should have a focus in my life.

dont be sad, jal. time cannot be turned back but we must treasure the current moments and control where our directions will be in the future. that's what my msg to you.....lol. hope it's not too chiam....