Tudung for Indonesian maid

CDL

My Indonesian maid has asked if I could buy her a tudung to use when she prays. I have no objections to getting one for her but need some advice -
1) Where to buy it from (shop name if possible)
2) Is it also called tudung or does it have a special name
3) How much should this cost
4) Is there a particular colour to get or to avoid

Thanks

aIDa81

I shd salute you for allowing her to pray, its called "telekong" Im not sure where u stay but if you know geylang renovated new market, you can easily find there. if you see any malay vendors selling dressess or clothers you can ask them too. or just write in the paper my spelling and show to them. normally we pray in white, just get the normal simple material cost less than $30. just pm me for more info

tinkerball

My Indonesian maid has asked if I could buy her a tudung to use when she prays. I have no objections to getting one for her but need some advice -

Thanks
usually when muslim prays they usually needs praying mats. does she have one too? better buy two pairs of 'telekongs' for her so she will have a spare if she needs to wash the other. geylang sells alot. the geylang market should be cheaper if im not wrong.

aIDa81

usually when muslim prays they usually needs praying mats. does she have one too? better buy two pairs of 'telekongs' for her so she will have a spare if she needs to wash the other. geylang sells alot. the geylang market should be cheaper if im not wrong.
yeah forgot to add that, but just to clarify, those items are not a compulsory but neccessary requirement as long as she cover herself from head to toe, excluding the face and hands.its good enuff, if you need, I can provide some but used in gd condition and pls collect from me :

allycat

Thanks
Hi CDL

My previous maid also made the same request (was told that they pray 5 times a day????) but was rejected as my hubby wasnt comfortable about it.

tinkerball

Hi CDL

My previous maid also made the same request (was told that they pray 5 times a day????) but was rejected as my hubby wasnt comfortable about it.
yes 5 times a day is compulsary but each session takes only around less than 10 mins and if she's fast 5mins will do. sometimes we need to be more tolerant towards other religions. i dun think it'll be much prob if she can be responsible towards both her religion and her domestic duties. hope ur hubby can understand that.