Tummy time

Frenchkitty

Adam is due for his 3.5mths 2nd jab this Saturday and his growth assessment by his PD.. I was browsing through the Health Booklet and he can do everything listed inside except for "Lift his head up to 45deg when placed on tummy"..

I realised I dont let him do Tummy time much.. and when I tried yesterday and today to let him do tummy time, he doesnt like it so he put up a struggle and wasnt interested to lift his head up as a result... He will only lift his head up enough to turn his head side to side in his struggle.

Should I just tell his PD that he doesnt like doing it? Will she "force" us to come back for review?

Anyone whose babies doesnt meet one or 2 items of the milestones and are asked to go back??

ping26

Adam is due for his 3.5mths
Should I just tell his pediatrician that he doesnt like doing it? Will she "force" us to come back for review?

Anyone whose babies doesnt meet one or 2 items of the milestones and are asked to go back??
Some PDs don't go thro the items on developmental checklists. Mine didn't ask this qn.

Rest assured that you will only be asked to book an apt for jabs which r compulsory.

uddermummy

my dd couldn't really lift her head up also when she was nearing 3 months.

What i did was to lay her on her tummy every morning before her milk. She has this tummy mat that has a pillow to help prop her up.

At first, she couldn't last long and will complain when she gets tired, but gradually she became strong enuf to lift her head on her own.

she stopped needing the toy when she 3 months.

Don't think the pds can force you to make an appointment. And i think it's fine if one or two milestones are not met. You may want to help adam work on the ones he didn't meet tho .:)

Frenchkitty

Hi Ping26 aiyo your daughter is soooo cute and chubby!
For my PD, when Adam went for his 1st jab she did ask me the questions in the milestones checklist that's why Im abit worried for this round's checklist.

Uddermummy, wahhh then isnt it a waste of your $$ to buy that tummy time mat? I saw Kiddypalace selling before. Looks cute and like the normal playgym.
Now I try to put him on his tummy an hour after feeding when he is not hungry and in a fairly good mood. But only for prob 1min then he starts fussing liao..

uddermummy

Uddermummy, wahhh then isnt it a waste of your $$ to buy that tummy time mat? I saw Kiddypalace selling before. Looks cute and like the normal playgym.
Now I try to put him on his tummy an hour after feeding when he is not hungry and in a fairly good mood. But only for prob 1min then he starts fussing ..
thank goodness it was a gift! :tlaugh:

carrot^

Alpha Male
Adam is due for his 3.5mths 2nd jab this Saturday and his growth assessment by his pediatrician.. I was browsing through the Health Booklet and he can do everything listed inside except for "Lift his head up to 45deg when placed on tummy"..

I realised I dont let him do Tummy time much.. and when I tried yesterday and today to let him do tummy time, he doesnt like it so he put up a struggle and wasnt interested to lift his head up as a result... He will only lift his head up enough to turn his head side to side in his struggle.

Should I just tell his pediatrician that he doesnt like doing it? Will she "force" us to come back for review?

My 16 weeks old son also don't really like to be put on his tummy too. He will cry after awhile. It's good training for their neck though. My son manage to flip by himself from back to tummy last night with much screaming, grunting and crying. :tlaugh: