Tummy Wrap/Binder after Delivery

V

valeriegoh

Hi mummies,

I heard that during hospital stay right after delivery and for the first few days, have to wear tummy wrap/binder if not tummy area will hurt?

Is it true?

Thanks in advance,
Valerie

lydiana

the massage lady wrapped my tummy for 7 days after i gv birth..it does work!!!but i still hv a long way to go to get my flat tumy back!!!

Jovyna

Get a good massage auntie and she will do e binding for you... Better to bind with the help of massage... Tummy will go down faster...

siohchong

hi usually binding done after the massage.. sometime at hospital wear binder quite uncomfortable when bdfeeding... C sect i think cant cos wound still "fresh"

LoVeS

hi usually binding done after the massage.. sometime at hospital wear binder quite uncomfortable when bdfeeding... C sect i think cant cos wound still "fresh"
c-sect the more muz bind so tat to hold firm the saggy skin frm causing further pain~:tlaugh:

Jovyna

Binding must be very able to "ren" lor... cos can get rashes easily one... so must ren and take care of skin also... must put moisturiser on ur tummy...

LoVeS

U not on msn ? Haha .
Is it at the maternity section ?
ya i saw it at maternity section n if u cant find, u can ask the sales person there~~ actually binder got 2 type~ 1 is for c-section ppl use 1 which is nt so tight while the other 1 is more like a corset juz tat the area cover is ur tummy area~

2nd type help to slim down while the 1st type is to help those mummy who haf c-section to hold their saggy skin frm hurting more after the operation.

yupz nt on msn :tlaugh:

wenz

ya i went kiddy palace yesterday and saw the binder... i think it cost arund $31+... was thinking since i wanna natural birth do i need to buy one so i can bind after birth to get my shape back?

How many used and find it's gd for contouring?

LoVeS

ya i went kiddy palace yesterday and saw the binder... i think it cost arund $31+... was thinking since i wanna natural birth do i need to buy one so i can bind after birth to get my shape back?

How many used and find it's gd for contouring?
I personally feel tat it more for ppl who go thru c-sect as they need tat to hold the wound BUT if u wan sumthing to get back to shape then should get corset instead:tlaugh:

Both i used b4 but i tink corset is more for getting back to shape than binder.

CynCyn

I am also intending to get a binder for normal birth .
The binder tt kiddy palace sells isit the same as what malay massage uses ?

LoVeS

I am also intending to get a binder for normal birth .
The binder tt kiddy palace sells isit the same as what malay massage uses ?
Malay massage tat time i had is like a corset one so kiddy palace might sell it but the c-section binder for sure kiddy palace is selling it~

Last edited:

ash.rebecca

the malay one is different. it a cloth binder... mine was complimentry the last time i did my post natal massage.

it cloth so more breathable.. think kiddy palace that one is more for C sect and those got velco or Osim type are quite hard and uncomfortable if sitting down

LoVeS

Tat time my malay massage lady gave me is corset which is like bra those hook type~ While c-section binders r using velco~