Unconsumed FM-can keep for how long?

Gumi

Hi mummies
Dear daughter is currently on soy formula due to diarrhea.
Before that she is actually on cow's milk and due to her diarrhea, I'm holding back this cow's milk.
So now my question is, for how long can I leave this powder unconsumed as I worried if it takes too long, this FM may not be fresh anymore.
I thought of giving it away since dear daughter can't drink it now as it will be a waste to discard it.
Can anyone advise me? Thanks.

ping26

If she doesn't mind drinking soy, u can let her finish it. I used to do that.

Now I divide the soy powder into 2 portions. Upon opening the tin of soy powder, I'll scoop out half & keep in the fridge. I also mark the expiry date on the container.

My tot will usually consume abt half of a small tin within a week or so. She used to get loose stools a few times per year when she was btw 12-24 mths. Nothing serious except she can't take milk.

If the container wasn't air-tight (ie no metal lid was used), FM tends to harden & u can see small clumps in about a 1 month or so. I'm not sure if u can still re-fridgerate yr tin cos it has been opened for some time.

Gumi

Hi mummy (ping26)

Thanks for your reply.
My daughter doesn't mind the taste of soy milk, don know is it becos she's still young or becos she just like it. S
She has actually finished 1 small tin of the soy FM and afterwhich I tot is ok to switch back to cow's milk.
Unfortunately after switching back for the next 2 days, her diarrhea started again:embarrassed:
and I've got no choice but to switch back to soy FM again.
Now these 2 tins of opened cow's milk have been sitting in my kitchen and I don't know when I can switch them back again cos of her sensitive tummy.
My nanny has suggested me to keep the unconsumed cow FM in the fridge (like what u've mentioned)...but Im not sure how long can I fridge them or should I give to others since it was opened 2 weeks ago.

hpc

Hi u can let ur gal try Goats milk powder,KARIHOME.Baby is stronger n less fall sick,but very x about s$20per small tin 400gm.I find it worth trying cos my gal become very tough n healthy after taking this milk,now weighs about 12kg ,11+mths.

ping26

If you don't want to give away, you can try mixing the FM if they are of the same brand.

My girl doesn't like soy at all. We had to mix 50-50% cos she simply refused to drink soy. Haiz. Somehow it worked on her; diarrhea didn't come back.

I didn't give away the FM then cos my girl can finish 1 big tin at home in abt 2-3 weeks. She took 4-5 weeks to finish the tin at my mother's place cos she only goes there 3 days.

If your girl drinks more milk at nanny's place, u still can hope that she will finish that tin within 30 days.

FM is so expensive. heart pain

Gumi

If you don't want to give away, you can try mixing the FM if they are of the same brand.

My girl doesn't like soy at all. We had to mix 50-50% cos she simply refused to drink soy. Haiz. Somehow it worked on her; diarrhea didn't come back.

I didn't give away the FM then cos my girl can finish 1 big tin at home in abt 2-3 weeks. She took 4-5 weeks to finish the tin at my mother's place cos she only goes there 3 days.

If your girl drinks more milk at nanny's place, u still can hope that she will finish that tin within 30 days.

FM is so expensive. heart pain
Hi mummy
Thanks for the info.
I've started to mix the unconsumed cow's FM to her soy FM now, and now monitoring the situation.
Unfortunately these 2 FMs are from different companies, wonder will there be any problem or not.

Gumi

Hi u can let ur gal try Goats milk powder,KARIHOME.Baby is stronger n less fall sick,but very x about s$20per small tin 400gm.I find it worth trying cos my gal become very tough n healthy after taking this milk,now weighs about 12kg ,11+mths.
Hi Mummy
Can I ask for the KARIHOME goat's milk, how does the taste like, does it have those type of "yang-sao" smell...and do they have any samples for this goat's milk?
Thanks.

Ting

usually it is not advised to keep FM for more than 1 mth. best to be consumed within 1 mth.